Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,028 members, 7,849,155 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:26 PM

Serge Aurier Denies Claims That He Spat At Tottenham Fans After Champions League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serge Aurier Denies Claims That He Spat At Tottenham Fans After Champions League (295 Views)

Christopher Aurier Shot Dead In France / Ajax 2-3 Tottenham: Fans, Players, Coach Celebrate After Comeback Win (Photos) / Tottenham Fans Excited As Heung-min South Korea Exit Asian Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Serge Aurier Denies Claims That He Spat At Tottenham Fans After Champions League by TamaraAbells: 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2019
Serge Aurier has denied claims that he spat in the direction of Tottenham fans after scoring his side's third goal in a 4-2 win over Olympiacos on Tuesday.

After being two goals down, Aurier fired Spurs in front with less than 20 minutes remaining, and footage emerged that seemed to show the right-back spitting towards the home supporters during the celebrations. 

The 26-year-old choose to cup his eyes after scoring but he has strongly denied that he had any intention of spitting at fans in a post published on his ​Instagram account on Wednesday. 

See Instagram Post: https://mused.xyz/sport/serge-aurier-denies-claims-that-he-spat-at-tottenham-fans-after-champions-league-goal/

"Little personal message to correct the controversy," the statement said. "I will never spit on animals, let alone humans, let alone fans of this club that gives me the opportunity to express myself and do my job. Let's focus on the most important goals that are coming soon."

​Aurier's unstoppable strike came after Olympiacos had stormed into an early 2-0 lead courtesy of goals from Youssef El-Arabi and Rúben Semedo.

Spurs hit back through ​Dele Alli and ​Harry Kane before the Ivorian gave them the lead, and Kane grabbed his second soon after to secure José Mourinho's first home win as their new head coach. 

Read Full Story: https://mused.xyz/sport/serge-aurier-denies-claims-that-he-spat-at-tottenham-fans-after-champions-league-goal/

(1) (Reply)

The Ballon D'or Top 30 Shortlist / Andy Ruiz Weighs In At Over 20 STONE For Anthony Joshua Fight / Arsenal To Win West Ham United With A Narrow Escape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.