Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo (705 Views)

WHO Released Awolowo From Prison, Aguiyi-ironsi Or Gowon? This Is The True Life / Ask SE Gov To Release Kanu The Way You Claimed Ojukwu Released Awolowo - Omokri / How Gowon Released Awolowo From Prison And Not Ojukwu (rare Video Footage) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by Omoodua007: 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2019
Thanks to legendhero for dropping evidence and receipts the videos have gone viral and put an end to lies by children of hate and envy who have refused to own up to their leaders mistakes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by Omoodua007: 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2019
Assuming Igbo people had coastal cities
The food embargo won’t have worked
Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2019
Naso bro.

Now we know. Moving onto a new thing.

1 Like

Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by Tranquillity360: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2019
Everybody knows yorubas are revisionist.

1 Like

Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by kettykin: 6:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
so much emphasis is being made on who released him and very little mention of the person that imprisoned him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by oyin44: 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
; grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by richie240: 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2019
Big ups legendhero.
The ancients say: "bíró bá lo f'ógún odún, ojó kan soso l'òtító á lebá"
(It takes a single day for truth to catch up with a 20-year lie)

4 Likes

Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
kettykin:
so much emphasis is being made on who released him and very little mention of the person that imprisoned him

Well the coalition of Tafawa Balewa and Nnamdi Azikwe imprisoned him.

When I was going through the charges and how they labored so hard to extradite Chief Enahoro from UK to Nigeria for that trump up charges of treason, I weep for Nigeria.

Awolowo was denied the chance to bring his british lawyer to defend him, when the lawyer got to the shores of Nigeria, the custom on order from the Governement stopped the lawyer from entering Nigeria. Awolowo voiced out his grievances because native lawyers were being pressurized by the government to nail him and Awo had no confidence in those lawyers.

Still they went ahead to charge him of the most rubbish crime that is trumped up. They first tried to nail him with corruption which they were not able to see any evidence, later they said he did a meeting to send some AG party youth to forign country to train on how to shoot guns to take power from the government. His sin was also a pistol gun that was in his possession.

When I was reading all through those charges and the length of time wasted in that exercise to jail the lat sage, I just shook my head for Nigeria. This country has been condemned right from its origin. I don't want to go through the hurdles of going back to who/why/reason/lies/ of why arrested him coz it won't still change anything.

4 Likes

Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 7:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
richie240:
Big ups legendhero.
The ancients say: "bíró bá lo f'ógún odún, ojó kan soso l'òtító á lebá"
(It takes a single day for truth to catch up with a 20-year lie)

Beni broda mi.

Otito ni oro te so.

1 Like

Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by kettykin: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2019
LegendHero:

Well the coalition of Tafawa Balewa and Nnamdi Azikwe imprisoned him.

When I was going through the charges and how they labored so hard to extradite Chief Enahoro from UK to Nigeria for that trump up charges of treason, I weep for Nigeria.

Awolowo was denied the chance to bring his british lawyer to defend him, when the lawyer got to the shores of Nigeria, the custom on order from the Governement stopped the lawyer from entering Nigeria. Awolowo voiced out his grievances because native lawyers were being pressurized by the government to nail him and Awo had no confidence in those lawyers.

Still they went ahead to charge him of the most rubbish crime that is trumped up. They first tried to nail him with corruption which they were not able to see any evidence, later they said he did a meeting to send some AG party youth to forign country to train on how to shoot guns to take power from the government. His sin was also a pistol gun that was in his possession.

When I was reading all through those charges and the length of time wasted in that exercise to jail the lat sage, I just shook my head for Nigeria. This country has been condemned right from its origin. I don't want to go through the hurdles of going back to who/why/reason/lies/ of why arrested him coz it won't still change anything.

I dont think Zik has hand in Awolowo's fate

By 1963, the plot between Chief Ladoke Akintola, Alhaji Tafawa Balewa and Alhaji Ahmadu Bello was perfected and Chief Obafemi Awolowo was arrested for coup plotting/treason. His trial commenced in earnest and he was alongside some accomplices convicted for treason and jailed for 10 years. This again was the first alleged coup plotting and conviction in Nigerian history

https://www.nairaland.com/3052748/how-awolowo-jailed-yorubas-northerners

1 Like

Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by flokii: 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
How tables have turned over the years.. irony of life

Igbos that wined and dined with the North to suppress other ethnic groups back in the days are the ones in opposition wailing day and night now. How is that for Karma

Had it been Ironsi didn't abolish regional system, South West would have been the most developed region today, a land blessed with intellectuals and liberal minded people.

1 Like

Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2019
kettykin:

I dont think Zik has hand in Awolowo's fate

By 1963, the plot between Chief Ladoke Akintola, Alhaji Tafawa Balewa and Alhaji Ahmadu Bello was perfected and Chief Obafemi Awolowo was arrested for coup plotting/treason. His trial commenced in earnest and he was alongside some accomplices convicted for treason and jailed for 10 years. This again was the first alleged coup plotting and conviction in Nigerian history

https://www.nairaland.com/3052748/how-awolowo-jailed-yorubas-northerners

Bro in those times, ZIk and Balewa were behind the scenes but the two parties that are running around trying to nab Awolowo was their coalition. Both of the leaders chose to stay behind the scenes because they can't withstand the shame that will come along it.

Yes you are right, Akintola too was actually a sellout then because of his frolicking with the North. That was why when the Nzeogwus killed him in the coup, the Yorubas did not react that much coz he wasn't that much accepted in the western region. I have all the papers with me and infact people were somehow joyful that he was exterminated. However, their joy began to turn to sorrow when Ironsi was not able to secure the release of Awolowo like he promised. Naturally the Yorubas are the highest antagonists of the North during those era, and if an Igbo man had released pa Awo things might have changed. (Awo was like a god)

Trust me, if you follow the trial in the dailies like I did (Using those newspaper published daily then), you will know it is a very big witch-hunt. The powers that be had to nail Awolowo and they use the most ridiculous claim. It got to an extent that the british published a report then that they made a mistake keeping Nigeria as one. They faulted the constitution they gave us and regretted that they did not take heed to Awolowo's advise of not lumping the North and South together without clause. They said it exactly like that.

Awo knew we are not united and he knew we had lot of differences. He had envisaged that the Hausa will dominate with their population (numbers) and he told them to recognize this differences. That was why Awolowo was happy that Gowon created more states, he had always tried to break the power of the Northern population and he was already appealing to the middle belt in the North to leave the union (They were already echoing scession from the north then). Infact the middle belt would have severed ties with the North if the Biafran war had not happened and they wouldn't have been a homogeneous north. (Gowon assuming the mantle of leadership brought back the middlebelt emotion to the Northern fold)

Azikwe instead tried making sure everyone remain together. He formed an alliance with Aminu Kano then to take control of some constituencies in the North like he tried doing with the NCNC in the western region. Aminu Kano hated the emirate (Kings) influence and hardcore religious fanatism, and he was trying to break the hold of the people from the emirate and Zik saw that as an avenue to penetrate the Northern region politics. Although Ahmadu Bello eventually won all major post and Aminu Kano was disgraced later on.

Just leave the story of Nigeria, coz the more you try to read it, the more crazier you get. Do you even know we have been burning and snatching ballot box since 1959?

1 Like

Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by GMbuharii: 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
LegendHero:

Bro in those times, ZIk and Balewa were behind the scenes but the two parties that are running around trying to nab Awolowo was their coalition. Both of the leaders chose to stay behind the scenes because they can't withstand the shame that will come along it.

Yes you are right, Akintola too was actually a sellout then because of his frolicking with the North. That was why when the Nzeogwus killed him in the coup, the Yorubas did not react that much coz he wasn't that much accepted in the western region. I have all the papers with me and infact people were somehow joyful that he was exterminated. However, their joy began to turn to sorrow when Ironsi was not able to secure the release of Awolowo like he promised. Naturally the Yorubas are the highest antagonists of the North during those era, and if an Igbo man had released pa Awo things might have changed. (Awo was like a god)

Trust me, if you follow the trial in the dailies like I did (Using those newspaper published daily then), you will know it is a very big witch-hunt. The powers that be had to nail Awolowo and they use the most ridiculous claim. It got to an extent that the british published a report then that they made a mistake keeping Nigeria as one. They faulted the constitution they gave us and regretted that they did not take heed to Awolowo's advise of not lumping the North and South together without clause. They said it exactly like that.

Awo knew we are not united and he knew we had lot of differences. He had envisaged that the Hausa will dominate with their population (numbers) and he told them to recognize this differences. That was why Awolowo was happy that Gowon created more states, he had always tried to break the power of the Northern population and he was already appealing to the middle belt in the North to leave the union (They were already echoing scession from the north then). Infact the middle belt would have severed ties with the North if the Biafran war had not happened and they wouldn't have been a homogeneous north. (Gowon assuming the mantle of leadership brought back the middlebelt emotion to the Northern fold)

Azikwe instead tried making sure everyone remain together. He formed an alliance with Aminu Kano then to take control of some constituencies in the North like he tried doing with the NCNC in the western region. Aminu Kano hated the emirate (Kings) influence and hardcore religious fanatism, and he was trying to break the hold of the people from the emirate and Zik saw that as an avenue to penetrate the Northern region politics. Although Ahmadu Bello eventually won all major post and Aminu Kano was disgraced later on.

Just leave the story of Nigeria, coz the more you try to read it, the more crazier you get. Do you even know we have been burning and snatching ballot box since 1959?

Mental...leave the story of Nigeria but breathe nitrogenous ewedu and sulphuric acid gbegiri amonia gas over the Igbos day and night. grin grin grin

Lzaa immhotep
flokii:
How tables have turned over the years.. irony of life

Igbos that wined and dined with the North to suppress other ethnic groups back in the days are the ones in opposition wailing day and night now. How is that for Karma

Had it been Ironsi didn't abolish regional system, South West would have been the most developed region today, a land blessed with intellectuals and liberal minded people.

Ejo,e receive brains,loruko Jesu grin grin grin
Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
GMbuharii:

flokii receiving sense right now grin

Cc lzaa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by YorubaKing: 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
GMbuharii:

Mental...leave the story of Nigeria but breathe nitrogenous ewedu and sulphuric acid gbegiri amonia gas over the Igbos day and night. grin grin grin

Lzaa immhotep

Wow! I'm glad you can speak Nigeria's universal language... great job. Keep it up!

At least, you're becoming civilized! cool
Re: Now That We Know Gowon Released Awolowo by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
Omoodua007:
Thanks to legendhero for dropping evidence and receipts the videos have gone viral and put an end to lies by children of hate and envy who have refused to own up to their leaders mistakes
Stop spreading rumors

(1) (Reply)

In Photos: El-rufai And His ‘female Army’ / Afenifere Blasts CJN Muhammad For Calling For Sharia Law In Nigeria / If SW Seriously Needs Amotekun Then They Must Adopt Sharia Law.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.