Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Kogi Guber: I Regret The Violence And Deaths Recorded - Yahaya Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Guber: I Regret The Violence And Deaths Recorded - Yahaya Bello (525 Views)

Kogi Election 2019: Disturbing Videos Of Gun Battles And Deaths In Kogi State / Enugu Guber: I Won’t Be A Cog In The Wheel Of State’s Progress, Says Ayogu Eze / Imo Guber: I Will Not Step Down For Anyone- Nwulu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Guber: I Regret The Violence And Deaths Recorded - Yahaya Bello by Editorialtimes: 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2019
Editorial Times | Lagos

The Kogi State Executive Council has condemned in strong terms, incidences of violence during and after the November 16 governorship election in the state, describing it as “sad and unfortunate”.

The decision of the Council was made known after its meeting by the Director General of Media and Publicity to the Governor, Hon Kingsley Fanwo while briefing newsmen on the outcome of the meeting.

According to him, the Council “expressed shock at the pockets of violence during the election.”

“The State Executive Council has condemned in strong terms, the pockets of violence which greeted the last Governorship election in the state”, he said, adding that “loss of lives in the struggle for power is mindless and unacceptable”.

“The Council also commended security agencies for their efforts at bringing purveyors and promoters of  such violence to a book with a view to sending a strong signal to hoodlums that the Kogi State Government will not accept any threat to the lives of the people of the state.

“Of particular reference was the woman who was burnt in Ochadamu and the man who was stabbed to death. We also got reports of direct attacks on some politically exposed persons with the intent of terminating their lives.

“Democracy should be a bloodless celebration of the freedom of the people to choose their leaders and no one should hide behind loyalty to any political party to perpetrate crime.

“As a Government, we will give security agencies every support to track down and prosecute those who hid under politics to perpetrate crime. But beyond that, we will compensate families that lost loved ones and properties. We know nothing could pay for the life of a human; but as a Government, our hearts are with those bereaved families”.

The State Executive Council also passed a resolution, giving unflinching support to the National Assembly over its moves to ensure violence free elections.

“We commend the leadership of the National Assembly over moves to criminalize electoral violence and protect lives during elections. Their action will go a long way in restoring peace at the polls”, he said.

The State Executive Council also deliberated on the 2020 Budget Drafts as well as resolved to digitize access to the relevant laws of the state, especially those signed into law under the present administration.

http://www.editorialtimes.com/kogi-guber-i-regret-the-violence-and-deaths-recorded-yahaya-bello/
Re: Kogi Guber: I Regret The Violence And Deaths Recorded - Yahaya Bello by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
How can you regret the violence and deaths you brought upon kogi people just to hold onto power..

How's that possible?

Aren't you Yahaya Bello again and member of APC?

Tinubu did same in Osun State governorship election by unleashing MC Oluomo and his thugs on Osun people and nothing happened so bros, Relax, nothing go happen .
Re: Kogi Guber: I Regret The Violence And Deaths Recorded - Yahaya Bello by Racoon(m): 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
What a sarcasm! After saying that "El-Rufai knelt down to beg Kogites for (his) over performing" in Kogi State?

After the thug that annihilated that poor woman were shouting GYB? Just imagine how people like Yahaya Bello have insulted the sensibility of reasonable Nigerians.
Re: Kogi Guber: I Regret The Violence And Deaths Recorded - Yahaya Bello by kestolove95(m): 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
Idiot
Re: Kogi Guber: I Regret The Violence And Deaths Recorded - Yahaya Bello by Chongaiman: 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2019
Atta boy! You just demonstrated that the majority (Igala) had their say while the minority (Ebira) had their way! Upper level loading for Kogites! Brace yourselves! The journey will be rough.
Re: Kogi Guber: I Regret The Violence And Deaths Recorded - Yahaya Bello by iceberg02(m): 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2019
Naija politicians
Re: Kogi Guber: I Regret The Violence And Deaths Recorded - Yahaya Bello by Pavarottii(m): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
Wolves in sheep's clothing...
Re: Kogi Guber: I Regret The Violence And Deaths Recorded - Yahaya Bello by royalamour(m): 10:13am On Nov 29, 2019
Eyes wide shut.

(1) (Reply)

Hate Speech Bill Impressive – US Embassy Official / Again, Who Killed Bola Ige? / Trump Warns Iran If It Hits Any American Or American Assets, It Has Targeted 52

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.