Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Udom's Administration Taking Akwa Ibom Educational Standard Backward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom's Administration Taking Akwa Ibom Educational Standard Backward (419 Views)

Re: 'perish The Thought Of Taking Akwa Ibom State In 2027" / AGRICULTURE: Gov Udom Taking Akwa Ibom On The Path Of Sustainable Development / Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Udom's Administration Taking Akwa Ibom Educational Standard Backward by UncommonReports(m): 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2019
This is what happens when a state government care less about the educational standard of public schools in the state.

Oh they think qualitative education is by granting a free and compulsory educational system from primary up to the senior secondary school three? No no , because there is more to that.

It is quite unfortunate that states such as oyo is investing over 23.85% percent of their total annual budget for the 2020 fiscal year in education while an oil rich state like Akwa ibom invests only 0.83% of its total budget on education. This alone goes a long way to prove that the state government cares less about the future of the Akwa ibom children studying in our public schools.
Assessing the state of infrastructure of schools in the state, one can see that so many of them are decayed, dilapidated and does not fit into the environment of a standardized infrastructural renaissance to promote a qualitative learning atmosphere. No functional libraries, no equipped science laboratories, no workshops for technical education as we are currently facing crisis of unemployment in the state. It is rather unfortunate that people still sing praises of a failed government who are held bent on clamping down on opposition social media influencers who are criticising the negativities of the emmanuels' system of governance.

I could recall sometime during the first term of the Emmanuel led administration particularly the day the governor commissioned the west itam sports centre which is currently a shadow of its own. The governor promised to construct ten model schools across the ten federal constituencies in the state each having a standardised educational facilities, Medical facilities, sports and recreational facilities (arena) similar to that of west Itam secondary school to help build up children in the cognitive, affective and psychomotor domains of learning.

But as i am speaking to you, no such project, i mean no single project of that calibre is going on anywhere in any locality of the state. Which i hope the government is not taking the future of our children for a ride.

It is time to rise up as a people and ask questions about the poor welfare of education in the state. Any government who doesn't invest heavily in the education of its people in planting seeds of a porous and tensed society in future.
Its high time the government redirect its investment efforts from other frivolous areas to the educational sector..

Education is the essential foundation for prosperity and opportunity. Which strengthens our democracy, enriches our civic life, and serves as a pathway to economic success.

Education as we know help cultivate young people’s talent and creativity, encourages them to connect with other people, and inspires them to discover and analyze the world in which they live.
Previous studies carried out on the relationship between economic growth and human capital development concluded that the availability of the requisite and qualitative educational infrastructure guarantees a prosperous economic growth. Therefore significant economic growth cannot be realized without appropriate development in human capital through dogged qualitative investment in education.

I want to conclude by saying that the government needs to go back to the drawing board, rearrange its scale of preference thereby putting education first in its areas of development so as to guarantee a prosperous Akwa ibom we will be proud of in the near future.

By Elnano Unyime

1 Like

Re: Udom's Administration Taking Akwa Ibom Educational Standard Backward by mustmust(m): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2019
I know that that akwa ibom 2% may be higher than Sokoto 25% in actual figures
Re: Udom's Administration Taking Akwa Ibom Educational Standard Backward by Abasiokpon(m): 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Bro i concord
nw d second. Students are paying sch. Fees sef

(1) (Reply)

You Need To See This How People Fall From Grace To Grass / Shrinking Lake Chad Forced Many To Crime — Buhari / Governor Reacts After Gombe Was Ranked 2nd Most Corrupt State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.