Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,544 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium (43183 Views)

Ukraine Kicks Off Its Football League Season In Empty Stadium (Pictures) / Ozil Cut From Arsenal's 25-Man Europa League Squad As Gunners Exile Continues / FC Seoul Filled Empty Stadium Seats With "Sex Dolls", Apologizes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by odun360(m): 12:03am On Nov 29, 2019
Arsenal fans sent under-fire Unai Emery and the board a clear message this evening as thousands stayed away for 2-1 home loss to Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League.

Emery claimed ahead of the game that all players and backroom staff support him amid a dire run of results, telling reporters: "I feel the club, everyone responsible in that area is backing me. Really I appreciate it a lot."

However, the swathes of empty seats is another damning indictment on fans' unhappiness with Emery in charge, especially on a night where qualification for the Europa League knockout stages was on the line.

The official 'tickets sold' figure was 49,419 but the number of those in seats inside the group could have been as low are half that figure.

Screenshot_20191128232035

Arsenal have enjoyed relatively strong crowds in the Europa League, with 60,195 tickets sold for their match against Vitoria Guimaraes and 58,725 for Standard Liege.

A spokesperson for the Arsenal ­Supporters' Trust said earlier on Thursday: “Hands are tied with the ban on [travelling Frankfurt] fans and Arsenal unable to open the ticket exchange. We expect a significantly lower attendance and this shows the unhappiness amongst the fanbase.”

The figure supplied by Arsenal was not a record low, as some predicted, with Arsenal's previously official lowest attendance at the Emirates standing at 44,064 for the Carabao Cup tie against Doncaster Rovers in September 2017.

The ­unofficial lowest attendance was believed to be against BATE Borisov in December 2017, when around 30,000 turned up despite tickets sold being at 54,648. Thursday night may have attracted fewer.

https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/Headline/Fans-stay-away-as-Arsenal-lose-to-Frankfurt-in-front-of-EMPTY-seats/2083241

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by omoiyamayor(m): 12:05am On Nov 29, 2019
odun360:
Arsenal fans sent under-fire Unai Emery and the board a clear message this evening as thousands stayed away for 2-1 home loss to Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League. Frankfurt fans were ban from entering the stadium .try get your fact straight before posting

Emery claimed ahead of the game that all players and backroom staff support him amid a dire run of results, telling reporters: "I feel the club, everyone responsible in that area is backing me. Really I appreciate it a lot."

However, the swathes of empty seats is another damning indictment on fans' unhappiness with Emery in charge, especially on a night where qualification for the Europa League knockout stages was on the line.

The official 'tickets sold' figure was 49,419 but the number of those in seats inside the group could have been as low are half that figure.

Screenshot_20191128232035

Arsenal have enjoyed relatively strong crowds in the Europa League, with 60,195 tickets sold for their match against Vitoria Guimaraes and 58,725 for Standard Liege.

A spokesperson for the Arsenal ­Supporters' Trust said earlier on Thursday: “Hands are tied with the ban on [travelling Frankfurt] fans and Arsenal unable to open the ticket exchange. We expect a significantly lower attendance and this shows the unhappiness amongst the fanbase.”

The figure supplied by Arsenal was not a record low, as some predicted, with Arsenal's previously official lowest attendance at the Emirates standing at 44,064 for the Carabao Cup tie against Doncaster Rovers in September 2017.

The ­unofficial lowest attendance was believed to be against BATE Borisov in December 2017, when around 30,000 turned up despite tickets sold being at 54,648. Thursday night may have attracted fewer.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/11/emery-outarsenal-fans-stayed-at-home-as.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by omoiyamayor(m): 12:07am On Nov 29, 2019
[quote author=omoiyamayor post=84458588][/quote] try get your facts straight before posting, frankfurt fans were ban from entering the stadium due to some facts I didn't really followed up.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by allanphash7(m): 12:29am On Nov 29, 2019
It can never be well with Unar Emery

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by BigDick70inch(m): 3:51am On Nov 29, 2019
Arsenal should not only protest the sack of unai Emery alone..
They..sud equally demand for change/force Stan(arsenal owner)to hand over/sell the club to a serious bidder..

40 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by emmabest2000(m): 4:46am On Nov 29, 2019
It's better for them to stay at home than to be in the stadium watching Ass grin

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by Nobody: 4:49am On Nov 29, 2019
Is assNa still a club?

Eyimba better than this guys now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by anonimi: 4:50am On Nov 29, 2019
allanphash7:
It can never be well with Unar Emery

BigDick70inch:
Arsenal should not only protest the sack of unai Emery alone..
They..sud equally demand for change/force Stan(arsenal owner)to hand over/sell the club to a serious bidder..

Why don't we have the same attitude to our non-performing public office holders here at the local, state and federal government levels either in the legislature or executive?
Why

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by englishmart(m): 4:53am On Nov 29, 2019
What shall it profit me to pay up to £100 to watch a late night match, face the traffic, lose and get home late?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by Offpoint: 4:53am On Nov 29, 2019
grin I don't watch football, but one thing I know for sure is... nobody wants to be associated with failure.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by anonimi: 4:54am On Nov 29, 2019
Bonatheripper:
Is assNa still a club?

Eyimba better than this guys now

Do you support and watch Enyimba matches in their club merchandise

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by anonimi: 4:58am On Nov 29, 2019
Offpoint:
grin I don't watch football, but one thing I know for sure is... nobody wants to be associated with failure.

Even though they are not ready to work for the success they associate with

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by bluntjudge: 4:59am On Nov 29, 2019
Sometimes I wonder if these Arsenal board members have any ambition in them at all . See how they have turned arsenal into a mid table club. You can't sack a coach who has churned out poor results consistently, you still believe it will get better..wait until you see yourself struggling for relegation.The same way you let arsene Wenger overstay his welcome.

Tottenham currently is a better club than arsenal.

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 5:03am On Nov 29, 2019
anonimi:

Why don't we have the same attitude to our non-performing public office holders here at the local, state and federal government levels either in the legislature or executive?
Why

typical ipob yoot.
always wailing every now and then.
what stopped u ipob members aba branch from voting out that clueless Ikpeazu?
oh I totally forgot the 4 litres of kerosene he gave u really helped u out during that time and that's why u voted him.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by donbrowser(m): 5:04am On Nov 29, 2019
They should stay at home more than that. Arsenal may not sack Emry. The board is stubborn

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by money121(m): 5:04am On Nov 29, 2019
Ok
Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by anonimi: 5:06am On Nov 29, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
typical ipob yoot.
always wailing every now and then.
what stopped u ipob members aba branch from voting out that clueless Ikpeazu?
oh I totally forgot the 4 litres of kerosene he gave u really helped u out during that time and that's why I voted him.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10029624_img20190729022002_jpegcf442e3873d6f3f168d2ac70fb447472

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by chukwuibuipob: 5:09am On Nov 29, 2019
sad EMERE and OLE SE'OLE'JA OUT cool wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by mumumugu(m): 5:11am On Nov 29, 2019
protest....strike.....pochetinno come and coach arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by Dozie32(m): 5:16am On Nov 29, 2019
Arsenal football club, Una Mumu don too much like nepa own.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by Rootprof(m): 5:26am On Nov 29, 2019
How can we be using our hard earn money watch wetin go make us sad. Even me self no watch the match for my own house talkless of not being on the side of does that did not go to the stadium.. the club is not serious at all
Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by Icon4s(m): 5:27am On Nov 29, 2019
I did not even watch the match at home. Also in
protest
Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by oloriLFC(f): 5:33am On Nov 29, 2019
Let them stay at home. Those fans don try abeg. And Arsenal home ticket no be small money, to still dey play nonsense on top that is heartbreaking. Beating every time undecided I feel una pains undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by adesegun121(m): 5:50am On Nov 29, 2019
Lobatan
Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by Teeisaac(m): 5:53am On Nov 29, 2019
me sef no go watch Man U own I can't loss my money and still be sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by AuwalYusuf812(m): 5:53am On Nov 29, 2019
is it not time Arsenal sack so called Emery for now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by tunjilee003: 6:07am On Nov 29, 2019
Even here in Nigeria, I've stopped watching their game, average coach and mediocre players.. . emery out...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 29, 2019
[right][/right] They already know d end product, so no need giving them self hbp

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prince Anthony Obaseki Is Dead / Mauricio Sarri Tells Victor Moses He Is Not In His Plans, Free To Leave Chelsea / Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.