Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

.. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / .. (1536 Views)

Between Plantain Farming And Cashew Farming, Which Is More Profitable? / All Poultry And Fish Farmers Need To See This / My Experience About Snail Farming, Pictures, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by BossBreeder: 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hi,

I want to set up a side business in the new year. I have 4 plot of land in Lagos with a house and lots of space. I want to put some of that space to good use this year and the biz i have in mind are as follows...

1. Broiler farming
2. Turkey farming
3. Poultry farming (layer)
4. Snail Farming
5. Dog breeding

I intend to dedicate section of my land to this project and if successful, expand, even by my land. I just want to try my hand and brain on something and see if i can master it well enough to excel before pump money into it.

Please, note that although i love things naturally, etc I would enjoy doing any of the above, always did stuff like these in the backyards of our home growing up... growing vegetable, keeping fowls and dogs etc, I never did any to commercial level and I know well enough from my little tries that any one can be very disastrous in the the presence of certain mistakes.

Please, all the pros in the house, I want to be careful in what i do, which is why I am here. I wanna know how much capital I'm looking at and how best to go about things. Do give as much detail as possible, for which i will be so grateful.

Thank you.

cc- Pistotita, lordhugo
Re: .. by bluebay(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2019
Dogs breeding dope .
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2019
BossBreeder:
Hi,

I want to set up a side hustle in the new n the new year. I have a plot of land in Lagos with a house and lots of space. I want to put some of that space to good use this year and the biz i have in mind are as follows...

1. Broiler farming
2. Turkey farming
3. Poultry farming (layer)
4. Snail Farming
5. Dog breeding

I intend to dedicate section of my land to this project and if successful, expand, even by my land. I just want to try my hand and brain on something and see if i can master it well enough to excel before pump money into it.

Please, note that although i love things naturally, etc I would enjoy doing any of the above, always did stuff like these in the backyards of our home growing up... growing vegetable, keeping fowls and dogs etc, I never did any to commercial level and I know well enough from my little tries that any one can be very disastrous in the the presence of certain mistakes.

Please, all the pros in the house, I want to be careful in what i do, which is why I am here. I wanna know how much capital I'm looking at and how best to go about things. Do give as much detail as possible, for which i will be so grateful.

Thank you.

cc- Pistotita, lordhugo

These are specialized area. Very lovely you have chosen this path to making additional income. I am glad my articles and posts are opening the eyes of people. Bros, you are building your life with this. You go abroad and have good vacation. You will command respect at home too. Do you know that there is too much confidence which will be built in you that oil and gas boys dont have with what you want to do?

All the areas you have chosen are good, but it depends on you. It seems that snail and dogs breedings are the two areas which do not need too close monitoring. Unfortunately, I do not know the details of these two areas.

1. Broiler: You can easily sell your birds if you keep your cost of production down. It is straight forward. Dedicate 3 months to go on a pilot with 50 birds. I will not want to give you a budget. Find out the present cost of DOC which fluctuates seriously. Of course, find a good seller. I don't believe in buying from big brands. My gut tells me to find a trusted guy who works in any good hatchery. If I was to do it, i would want to attain an average weight of 3kg in 49 days, of course can be up to 3.9kg. And my plan is to keep my cost of production to N1,000 per bird. I may start with N1,500 per bird...of course, that is just to get the basis of doing it. My subsequent pilots, I start trying out many things until I optimize to N1,000 cost of production per bird or below. This is my life. This is how I operate. Therefore, find threads on broiler and start asking questions. You can do it yourself. But if you are a big boy, you can use 1,000 as a pilot. Every 7 weeks you get a new batch. You can even stop at 42 days which makes it shorter. 2kg is the standard accepted weight. Lets say you optimize and you make N650 - N1,500 per bird, you can structure your farm into batches. And you have continuous production where you supply 2 to 3 times per week the same buyer. The mistake most farmers make is that they produce huge numbers of birds at the same time. This is a very wrong approach. To do this, you need to consult someone who understands it very well. And a business structure like this is what I have developed for myself. Visit Emmachile threads. There is one other NL master that I know, he may not like it if I mention him, but trust me, this guy is good in both organic and inorganic. Then, look out for organicfoods too. He knows about broiler. Also, talk to Turk or Turks. He is always on Emmaachile's broiler and noiler threads.

2. Turkey:
This is a business for the biggest boys. I finished developing N480 - N816 million annual sales yesterday which can extend to N1.3 billion. I am still fine tunning it. What I love about this bird is that "Owambe" Lagos and Abuja parties orgsnizers can easily patronize one and use these birds instead of beef. Of course, most people will buy into it. And when you get the right breed which are called "Foreign Breeds" in Nigeria, you are in big money if you can learn how to take care of them. I know two breeds that are highly sorted after. And the chance of getting crossed breed is very high (this is the reason many are discouraged from doing it....mixed breeds which gives losses). If you have some serious cash, and you want to look into this, I can put you in the right direction. I do not buy into using local breeds. This is a business I am seriously considering to start anytime. But you must be financially ok. A day old poult is presently N1,400 to N1,800. Just imagine buying 1,000 poults. 99% of NL farmers will take off like Usain Bolt. Lol. But I am trying to build a business which supplies 1,000 6-months old turkey birds weekly. Of course, I can easily find Owambe parties, and supply per week. A bird goes for N16,000 - N25,000. I believe N15,000 to N17,000 is a wonderful price most caterers will rush. Just try to open a processing unit, and you are in a big boy's business. However, learn the act very well. This is a business I am working on presently.

3. Layers: If you can learn broiler, layers management becomes very easy. The choice you have to make is to buy day old chicks, or to buy point of lays. Do not let any consultant make any decision for you. Make deep research. But you get to make daily sales here. Remember that you can structure boilers to having 3 sales per week also. It depends on how you structure your business. And it is going to affect the way you manage your birds. Remember that most people are not deep thinkers who can structure it like this. So, most farmers usually make sales one time quarterly or bi-annually.

4. Snail:
Honestly, I cannot tell you the details. You should check Moboj on nairaland. She understands it. I have checked her threads.

5. Dog: Seriously, I do not know much, but I am planning on breeding farm dogs soonest. I will be here to read comments from masters.

My guy, the king you did not mention is Vegetables. Lol. And this is my specialty. I love fruits too. If you have 1 acre to 1 ha, and you want easy money with little or no work, start with papaya. Then, if you have time, and you want to make some serious money, you start thinking about cold loving plants. Practise, perfect them, and see yourself making serious income: cauliflower, brocolli, green peas, special cold loving cucumbers, sweet pepper, beetroots, etc. You can start with lettuce. 11 - 12 pieces is presently N500. And you can have 5,000 - 7,000 plants on 1 plot. You may even grow vertically. Calculate sales and see. You can have 25 - 35 days cycles. Cut off the period needed for nursery. So, you may divide one plot into 3 or 4 parts and choose 3 to 4 different veggies. Oga, it is called easy income if you can stay with it.

Above all, take your time to research these areas extensively before you commit yourself into one or two.

Note: Learn odorless poultry farming so you do not offend your neighbors. It is advisable you do veggie so you can easily move manure out of your pens, and use them if you choose poultry. Otherwise, you will make many enemies around you since you are likely to have neighbors.

Best of luck sir.

8 Likes

Re: .. by Nigerfine3: 12:49am On Nov 30, 2019
Pistotita:

These are specialized area. Very lovely you have chosen this path to making additional income. I am glad my articles and posts are opening the eyes of people. Bros, you are buulding your life with this. You go abroad and have good vacation. You will command respect at home too. Do you know that there is too much confidence that oil and gas boys dont have which what you want to do will give you?

All the areas you have chosen are good, but it depends on you. It seems that snail and dogs breedings are the two areas which do not need too close monitoring. UUnfortunately, I do not know the details of these two areas.

1. Broiler: You can easily sell your birds if you keep your cost of production down. It is straight forward. Dedicate 3 months to go on a pilot with 50 birds. I will not want to give you a budget. Find out the present cost of DOC which fluctuates seriously. Of course, find a good seller. I dont believe in buying from big brands. My gut tells me to find a trusted guy who works in any good hatchery. If I was to do it, i would want to attain an average weight of 3kg in 49 days, of course can be up to 3.9kg. And my plan is to keep my cost of production to N1,000 per bird. I may start with N1,500 per bird...of course, that is just to get the basis of doing it. My subsequent pilots, I start trying out many things until I optimize to N1,000 cost of production per bird or below. This is my life. This is how I operate. Therefore, find threads on broiler and start asking questions. You can do it yourself. But if you are a big boy, you can use 1,000 as a pilot. Every 7 weeks you get a new batch. You can even stop at 42 days which makes it shorter. 2kg is the standard accepted weight. Lets say you optimize and you make N650 - N1,500 per bird, you can structure your farm into batches. And you have continuous production where you supply 2 to 3 times per week the same buyer. The mistake most farmers make is that they produce huge numbers of birds at the same time. This is a very wrong approach. To do this, you need to consult someone who understands it very well. And a business structure like this is what I have developed for myself. Visit Emmachile threads. There is one other NL master that I know, he may not like it if I mention him, but trust me, this guy is good in both organic and inorganic. Then, look out for organicfoods too. He knows about broiler. Also, talk to Turk or Turks. He is always on Emmaachile's broiler and noiler threads.

2. Turkey:
This is a business for the biggest boys. I finished developing N480 million annual sales yesterday. I am still fine tunning it. What I love about this bird is that "Owambe" Lagos and Abuja parties orgsnizers can easily patronize one and use these birds instead of beef. Of course, most people will buy into it. And when you get the right breed which are called "Foreign Breeds" in Nigeria, you are in big money if you can learn how to take care of them. I know two breeds that are highly sorted after. And the chance of getting crossed breed is very high. If you have some serious cash, and you want to look into this, I can put you in the right direction. I do not buy into using local breeds. This is a business I am seriously considering to start anytime. But you must be financially ok. A day old poult is presently N1,400 to N1,800. Just imagine buying 1,000 poults. 99% of NL farmers will take off like Usain Bolt. Lol. But I am trying to build a business which supplies 1,000 6-months old turkey birds weekly. Of course, I can easily find Owambe parties and supply per week. A bird goes for N16,000 - N25,000. I believe N15,000 to N17,000 is a wonderful price most caterers will rush. Just try to open a processing unit, and you are in a big boy business. However, learn the act very well. This is a business I am working on presently.

3. Layers: If you can learn broiler, layers becomes very easy. The choice you have to make is to buy day old chicks, or to buy point of lays. Do not let any consultant make any decision for you. Make deep research. But you get to make daily sales here. Remember that you can strucrure boilers to having 3 sales per week also. It depends on how you structure your business. And it is going to affect the way you manage your birds. Remember that most people are not deep thinkers who can structure it like this. So, most farmers usually make sales one time quarterly or bi-annually.

4. Snail:
Honestly, I cannot tell you the details. You should check Moboj on nairaland. She understands it. I have checked her threads.

5. Dog: Seriously, I do not know much, but I am planning on breeding farm dogs soonest. I will be here to read comments from masters.

My guy, the king you never mentioned is Vegetables. Lol. And this is my specialty. I love fruits too. If you have 1 acre to 1 ha, and you want easy money with little or no work, start with papaya. Then, if you have time, and you want to make some serious money, you start thinking about cold loving plants. Practise, perfect them, and see yourself making serious income: cauliflower, brocolli, green peas, special cold loving cucumbers, sweet pepper, beetroots, etc. You can start with lettuce. 11 - 12 pieces is presently N500. And you can have 5,000 - 7,000 plants on 1 plot. You may even grow vertically. Calculate sales and see. You can have 25 - 35 days cycles. Cut off the period needed for nursery. So, you may divide one plot into 3 or 4 parts and choose 3 to 4 different veggies. Oga, it is called easy income if you can stay with it.

Above all, take your time to research these areas extensively before you commit yourself into one or two.

Note: Learn odorless poultry farming so you do not offend your neighbors. It is advisable you do veggie so you can easily move your manure and use them if you choose poultry. Otherwise, you will make many enemies around you since you are likely to have neighbors.

Best of luck sir.

This episode is fully loaded, more than requested. Thanks a million for painstakingly raising the bar.

1 Like

Re: .. by BossBreeder: 9:09am On Nov 30, 2019
Pistotita:

These are specialized area. Very lovely you have chosen this path to making additional income. I am glad my articles and posts are opening the eyes of people. Bros, you are buulding your life with this. You go abroad and have good vacation. You will command respect at home too. Do you know that there is too much confidence that oil and gas boys dont have which what you want to do will give you?

All the areas you have chosen are good, but it depends on you. It seems that snail and dogs breedings are the two areas which do not need too close monitoring. UUnfortunately, I do not know the details of these two areas.

1. Broiler: You can easily sell your birds if you keep your cost of production down. It is straight forward. Dedicate 3 months to go on a pilot with 50 birds. I will not want to give you a budget. Find out the present cost of DOC which fluctuates seriously. Of course, find a good seller. I dont believe in buying from big brands. My gut tells me to find a trusted guy who works in any good hatchery. If I was to do it, i would want to attain an average weight of 3kg in 49 days, of course can be up to 3.9kg. And my plan is to keep my cost of production to N1,000 per bird. I may start with N1,500 per bird...of course, that is just to get the basis of doing it. My subsequent pilots, I start trying out many things until I optimize to N1,000 cost of production per bird or below. This is my life. This is how I operate. Therefore, find threads on broiler and start asking questions. You can do it yourself. But if you are a big boy, you can use 1,000 as a pilot. Every 7 weeks you get a new batch. You can even stop at 42 days which makes it shorter. 2kg is the standard accepted weight. Lets say you optimize and you make N650 - N1,500 per bird, you can structure your farm into batches. And you have continuous production where you supply 2 to 3 times per week the same buyer. The mistake most farmers make is that they produce huge numbers of birds at the same time. This is a very wrong approach. To do this, you need to consult someone who understands it very well. And a business structure like this is what I have developed for myself. Visit Emmachile threads. There is one other NL master that I know, he may not like it if I mention him, but trust me, this guy is good in both organic and inorganic. Then, look out for organicfoods too. He knows about broiler. Also, talk to Turk or Turks. He is always on Emmaachile's broiler and noiler threads.

2. Turkey:
This is a business for the biggest boys. I finished developing N480 million annual sales yesterday. I am still fine tunning it. What I love about this bird is that "Owambe" Lagos and Abuja parties orgsnizers can easily patronize one and use these birds instead of beef. Of course, most people will buy into it. And when you get the right breed which are called "Foreign Breeds" in Nigeria, you are in big money if you can learn how to take care of them. I know two breeds that are highly sorted after. And the chance of getting crossed breed is very high. If you have some serious cash, and you want to look into this, I can put you in the right direction. I do not buy into using local breeds. This is a business I am seriously considering to start anytime. But you must be financially ok. A day old poult is presently N1,400 to N1,800. Just imagine buying 1,000 poults. 99% of NL farmers will take off like Usain Bolt. Lol. But I am trying to build a business which supplies 1,000 6-months old turkey birds weekly. Of course, I can easily find Owambe parties and supply per week. A bird goes for N16,000 - N25,000. I believe N15,000 to N17,000 is a wonderful price most caterers will rush. Just try to open a processing unit, and you are in a big boy business. However, learn the act very well. This is a business I am working on presently.

3. Layers: If you can learn broiler, layers becomes very easy. The choice you have to make is to buy day old chicks, or to buy point of lays. Do not let any consultant make any decision for you. Make deep research. But you get to make daily sales here. Remember that you can strucrure boilers to having 3 sales per week also. It depends on how you structure your business. And it is going to affect the way you manage your birds. Remember that most people are not deep thinkers who can structure it like this. So, most farmers usually make sales one time quarterly or bi-annually.

4. Snail:

My guy, the king you never mentioned is Vegetables. Lol. And this is my specialty. I love fruits too. If you have 1 acre to 1 ha, and you want easy money with little or no work, start with papaya. Then, if you have time, and you want to make some serious money, you start thinking about cold loving plants. Practise, perfect them, and see yourself making serious income: cauliflower, brocolli, green peas, special cold loving cucumbers, sweet pepper, beetroots, etc. You can start with lettuce. 11 - 12 pieces is presently N500. And you can have 5,000 - 7,000 plants on 1 plot. You may even grow vertically. Calculate sales and see. You can have 25 - 35 days cycles. Cut off the period needed for nursery. So, you may divide one plot into 3 or 4 parts and choose 3 to 4 different veggies. Oga, it is called easy income if you can stay with it.

Note: Learn odorless poultry farming so you do not offend your neighbors. It is advisable you do veggie so you can easily move your manure and use them if you choose poultry. Otherwise, you will make many enemies around you since you are likely to have neighbors.

Best of luck sir.

Thank you.
Re: .. by BECALMBECALM(m): 11:35am On Nov 30, 2019
Pistotita:

2. Turkey:

4. Snail:

Best of luck sir.

Oga , you are very smart. I have read most of your post.You are very intelligent.May God keep and bless you more.

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2019
Oh! I appreciate your kind comments.

Well, I do not consider myself a smart person, I am just a detailed individual. My mother used to run away from me durimg my elementary education days. I was nicknamed Mr. Too Many Questions. Lol!

I used to be frustrated that people couldn't answer my questions accurately the way I expected. And it was the reason I would ask my mother the same question, using various approaches, until she got tired. Lol. You know when you ask the same question in multiple dimensions, and you even wobble. Lol.

When my mother got tired, she got me a card to start using the University of Lagos library as early as my first year in the high school. And that was the beginning of a long adventure into soaking myself into deep research. I remember that every 25 days before my examinations, I was not permitted to use the library again, but to focus on studying for my examinations. Lol.

And the birth of internet was the best thing that happened to me. I have the opportunity of asking many people all over the world questions without leaving my room. That was amazing when I first started using it.

And when I decided to look into Agric, I was not satisfied with the nons.ense our farmers were doing. It is why I always tell newbies that they better become internet farmers first before trying to be field farmers.

And I believe in starting small before growing big. However, my smallest may be your largest, and vice visa. To farmer A, 1,000 birds may be is pilot while farmer B does not want to have anything to do with less than 50,000 birds. So, his pilot may be 5,000 birds. And farmer C may struggle with managing 50 birds. So, he should use 5 birds as his pilot.

So, to be smart is to be studious. And everyone can be. Thank you once again.

3 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 02, 2019
Pistotita:
[B]It is why I always tell newbies that they better become internet farmers first before trying to be field farmers.[/b]
Quote of the year (thumbs up)
Re: .. by OmogeNaija1(f): 12:56pm On Mar 22, 2020

These are specialized area. Very lovely you have chosen this path to making additional income. I am glad my articles and posts are opening the eyes of people. Bros, you are building your life with this. You go abroad and have good vacation. You will command respect at home too. Do you know that there is too much confidence which will be built in you that oil and gas boys dont have with what you want to do?

All the areas you have chosen are good, but it depends on you. It seems that snail and dogs breedings are the two areas which do not need too close monitoring. Unfortunately, I do not know the details of these two areas.

1. Broiler: You can easily sell your birds if you keep your cost of production down. It is straight forward. Dedicate 3 months to go on a pilot with 50 birds. I will not want to give you a budget. Find out the present cost of DOC which fluctuates seriously. Of course, find a good seller. I don't believe in buying from big brands. My gut tells me to find a trusted guy who works in any good hatchery. If I was to do it, i would want to attain an average weight of 3kg in 49 days, of course can be up to 3.9kg. And my plan is to keep my cost of production to N1,000 per bird. I may start with N1,500 per bird...of course, that is just to get the basis of doing it. My subsequent pilots, I start trying out many things until I optimize to N1,000 cost of production per bird or below. This is my life. This is how I operate. Therefore, find threads on broiler and start asking questions. You can do it yourself. But if you are a big boy, you can use 1,000 as a pilot. Every 7 weeks you get a new batch. You can even stop at 42 days which makes it shorter. 2kg is the standard accepted weight. Lets say you optimize and you make N650 - N1,500 per bird, you can structure your farm into batches. And you have continuous production where you supply 2 to 3 times per week the same buyer. The mistake most farmers make is that they produce huge numbers of birds at the same time. This is a very wrong approach. To do this, you need to consult someone who understands it very well. And a business structure like this is what I have developed for myself. Visit Emmachile threads. There is one other NL master that I know, he may not like it if I mention him, but trust me, this guy is good in both organic and inorganic. Then, look out for organicfoods too. He knows about broiler. Also, talk to Turk or Turks. He is always on Emmaachile's broiler and noiler threads.

2. Turkey:
This is a business for the biggest boys. I finished developing N480 - N816 million annual sales yesterday which can extend to N1.3 billion. I am still fine tunning it. What I love about this bird is that "Owambe" Lagos and Abuja parties orgsnizers can easily patronize one and use these birds instead of beef. Of course, most people will buy into it. And when you get the right breed which are called "Foreign Breeds" in Nigeria, you are in big money if you can learn how to take care of them. I know two breeds that are highly sorted after. And the chance of getting crossed breed is very high (this is the reason many are discouraged from doing it....mixed breeds which gives losses). If you have some serious cash, and you want to look into this, I can put you in the right direction. I do not buy into using local breeds. This is a business I am seriously considering to start anytime. But you must be financially ok. A day old poult is presently N1,400 to N1,800. Just imagine buying 1,000 poults. 99% of NL farmers will take off like Usain Bolt. Lol. But I am trying to build a business which supplies 1,000 6-months old turkey birds weekly. Of course, I can easily find Owambe parties, and supply per week. A bird goes for N16,000 - N25,000. I believe N15,000 to N17,000 is a wonderful price most caterers will rush. Just try to open a processing unit, and you are in a big boy's business. However, learn the act very well. This is a business I am working on presently.

3. Layers: If you can learn broiler, layers management becomes very easy. The choice you have to make is to buy day old chicks, or to buy point of lays. Do not let any consultant make any decision for you. Make deep research. But you get to make daily sales here. Remember that you can structure boilers to having 3 sales per week also. It depends on how you structure your business. And it is going to affect the way you manage your birds. Remember that most people are not deep thinkers who can structure it like this. So, most farmers usually make sales one time quarterly or bi-annually.

4. Snail:

My guy, the king you did not mention is Vegetables. Lol. And this is my specialty. I love fruits too. If you have 1 acre to 1 ha, and you want easy money with little or no work, start with papaya. Then, if you have time, and you want to make some serious money, you start thinking about cold loving plants. Practise, perfect them, and see yourself making serious income: cauliflower, brocolli, green peas, special cold loving cucumbers, sweet pepper, beetroots, etc. You can start with lettuce. 11 - 12 pieces is presently N500. And you can have 5,000 - 7,000 plants on 1 plot. You may even grow vertically. Calculate sales and see. You can have 25 - 35 days cycles. Cut off the period needed for nursery. So, you may divide one plot into 3 or 4 parts and choose 3 to 4 different veggies. Oga, it is called easy income if you can stay with it.

Note: Learn odorless poultry farming so you do not offend your neighbors. It is advisable you do veggie so you can easily move manure out of your pens, and use them if you choose poultry. Otherwise, you will make many enemies around you since you are likely to have neighbors.

Best of luck sir.

very broad response. Thank you!
Re: .. by babyboy4every1: 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2020
You better dont even dare talk of snail farming here. Iv done it and i regretted. You can only enjoy it when u invest very big. I mean very very big. Anyone you choose among the rest is okay. Don't go for snail farming. Tou won't like it. Thank me later.
Re: .. by wura2u: 3:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
babyboy4every1:
You better dont even dare talk of snail farming here. Iv done it and i regretted. You can only enjoy it when u invest very big. I mean very very big. Anyone you choose among the rest is okay. Don't go for snail farming. Tou won't like it. Thank me later.

And I was hoping to start snail farming soon at my backyard. You should please spell out why you think snail farming is more capital intensive.
Re: .. by wura2u: 3:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
babyboy4every1:

And I was hoping to start snail farming soon at my backyard. You should please spell out why you think snail farming is more capital intensive. This will guide newbies like me.
Re: .. by Nigerfine3: 6:47am On Mar 23, 2020
wura2u:

And I was hoping to start snail farming soon at my backyard. You should please spell out why you think snail farming is more capital intensive. This will guide newbies like me.
Snails multiply rapidly that very young guys without enough money to increase their breeding facilities may find it difficult to cope. You might equally find it difficult to sell the baby snails. Imagine having 100 snail that produce average of 400 per year, that’s 40 000, could this person be able to expand the space to accommodate 40k from just 100 in a short period.
I love snail rearing though.
Re: .. by bestmutiu2019(m): 6:44am On Apr 17, 2020
Nigerfine3:

Snails multiply rapidly that very young guys without enough money to increase their breeding facilities may find it difficult to cope. You might equally find it difficult to sell the baby snails. Imagine having 100 snail that produce average of 400 per year, that’s 40 000, could this person be able to expand the space to accommodate 40k from just 100 in a short period.
I love snail rearing though.
from eggs to table size is how months?

(1) (Reply)

Where In Lagos Or Ijanikin Environs Can I Buy OATS CEREALS In 25 Or 50kg Bag / Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. / Cassava Needed For Garri Processing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.