Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Car Shipping - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Shipping (563 Views)

Car Shipping From Usa(new York) To Nigeria(lagos). 1000$/car / Car Shipping Cost From Germany To Nigeria / International Car Shipping And Car Export From Usa Indigo Logistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Car Shipping by mushika(m): 11:54am On Nov 23, 2010
Pls could someone help me with a shipping company to move a car from Ottawa to Torornto Canada. I would appreciate an idea of the cost of the movement. Alternatively, I would also appreciate a suggestion on how to move this car from Ottawa to Lagos.
Re: Car Shipping by Fhemmmy: 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2010
mushika:

Pls could someone help me with a shipping company to move a car from Ottawa to Torornto Canada. I would appreciate an idea of the cost of the movement. Alternatively, I would also appreciate a suggestion on how to move this car from Ottawa to Lagos.

From Ottawa to Toronto, you would have to tow the vehicle or if the ride is in operation, find someone in Ottawa that could get you a temporary plate on the ride, like a 15 day plate, then, they could drive the vehicle to your destination in Toronto, by so doing, you would only have to pay for gas, however, there are side effect:
1. If something goes wrong with the ride on the road, you would now have to tow it and the person driving might be stranded, and towing off the highway might not be easy to come by.
2. Whoever wanna do the driving, i am sure will charge you for the service.
3. If the ownership has been changed to your name or off the seller's name, then, you would have to pay the tax, and do e-test and certification to plate it at all.

So seems like towing might be your best bet and from Ottawa to Toronto, you might be looking at something in the range of 500$$ or more . . . . .

Good luck

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need To Sell '00 Galant &95 Previa My Container Is About To Be Seized / Toyota Camry 2008 For Sale: / Naija Used 2000 Model Honda For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.