Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) (3050 Views)

How Israel Was Created - Aljazeera Documentary (video) / Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA / Doomsday Bunkers: How America Will Survive If It Comes Under Attack (video). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
helinues:

My comments

Your quotations

This time read slowly before responding

You should read your comment slowly so you understand your own comment. Even your comment is out of place because the OP is not a comparison topic but a focus on the poverty situation in USA.

You are the one trying to change the OP by shifting to Africa vs America and then to Buhari vs America. Are you high?
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by helinues: 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2019
Tetehjewels:

You should read your comment slowly so you understand your own comment. Even your comment is out of place because the OP is not a comparison topic but a focus on the poverty situation in USA.

You are the one trying to change the OP by shifting to Africa vs America and then to Buhari vs America. Are you high?

Firstly, you are the op who created this topic.. So dont make it look like 3rd party is involved .

Secondly, I made it clear on my comments that the West are trying more than African to reduce the poverty..

Your response was Poverty doubled in America( which is fallacy).

My initial arguments was about African leaders vs West leaders.. Still sticking to that cos if you said poverty doubled in America, then I guess it tetradouble in Nigeria then.

By the way, today is Friday, highness is allowed as long taking responsibility.

So this time, try and make sure you stick to our first advise by reading this slowly before responding.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by theenchanter: 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2019
kestolove95:
oga I want to go to America, God don't mind what dix guy is saying, pls I want to go America
so, na God go take u go America?
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2019
helinues:

Firstly, you are the op who created this topic.. So dont make it look like 3rd party is involved .

Secondly, I made it clear on my comments that the West are trying more than African to reduce the poverty..

Your response was Poverty doubled in America( which is fallacy).

My initial arguments was about African leaders vs West leaders.. Still sticking to that cos if you said poverty doubled in America, then I guess it tetradouble in Nigeria then.

By the way, today is Friday, highness is allowed as long taking responsibility.

So this time, try and make sure you stick to our first advise by reading this slowly before responding.

I can see for a fact you are high so poverty doubling in America is a fallacy? I guess you do not have enough data to watch the video. Even if you do not have data you can at least read the write up IN PRINT in the OP. It clearly states that POVERTY HAS DOUBLED IN USA and those were not my words but from Experts who contributed to the video.

The exacts words from the OP below.

"Over 40 million people in the United States live below the poverty line, twice as many as it was fifty years ago"

Again what has the OP which is a topic focused on USA got to do with what African countries are doing regarding poverty?
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by seunmohmoh(f): 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2019
I have a friend in Chicago(Retired Air force personnel ) and he barely eats 3 times daily because financially he's down so the way people view American like they don't suffer surprise me a lot.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2019
seunmohmoh:
I have a friend in Chicago(Retired Air force personnel ) and he barely eats 3 times daily because financially he's down so the way people view American like they don't suffer surprise me a lot.
A retired US Airforce personnel? Hardly feeds 3 times daily? What about his Social Security? Seunmohmoh is high on ORIJIN!
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by seunmohmoh(f): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2019
justbusy:
A retired US Airforce personnel? Hardly feeds 3 times daily? What about his Social Security? Seunmohmoh is high on ORIJIN!
He retired years back and he's paying mortgage. So yes, he's struggling.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 29, 2019
seunmohmoh:
He retired years back and he's paying mortgage. So yes, he's struggling.
If you said "Struggling" I'll rather agree. Because, in life, we all struggle: whether with this, or with that; all I know is that we all struggle.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by kumulus(m): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Figures are always exaggerated to make it look like America is awesome when its all a rouse to make people like you leave your country and run there just so they can harness what you have to offer for their own benefit.

Subtle brainwashing

Its not really to make people come but rather to make money come in. Its a game of numbers, fundamentals strengthen technicals so it all looks real.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by seunmohmoh(f): 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2019
justbusy:
If you said "Struggling" I'll rather agree. Because, in life, we all struggle: whether with this, or with that; all I know is that we all struggle.
My sister in Nigeria also works with the Nigerian force and she's about to start her house project.

in America you will sweat blood before you can even purchase a house. For a great nation it is supposed to be easier.

The state is an overrated country.

3 Likes

Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2019
justbusy:

Do not let the word "social security" deceive you. How much is this social security? A lot of them do not get more than $700 a month on social security which they get to spend on the upkeep of their family.

This $700 is equivalent to a man being paid 30k a month here which he has to find a way to spread it among bills, feeding and the general upkeep of his family.

The standard of living is very high which is why what you think is a large amount begins to look so small by the time bills and other expenses begin to take their share.

Social security is nothing but hand outs from the government just so you do not starve
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2019
seunmohmoh:
My sister in Nigeria also works with the Nigerian force and she's about to start her house project.

in America you will sweat blood before you can even purchase a house. For a great nation it is supposed to be easier.

The state is an overrated country.
I'm surprise to hear that.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2019
kumulus:

Its not really to make people come but rather to make money come in. Its a game of numbers, fundamentals strengthen technicals so it all looks real.

In short it is legalized scamming of people by deliberately giving them a false impression when the realities say otherwise. Scam figures in a game of cloak and daggers
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Do not let the word "social security" deceive you. How much is this social security? A lot of them do not get more than $700 a month on social security which they get to spend on the upkeep of their family.

This $700 is equivalent to a man being paid 30k a month here which he has to find a way to spread it among bills, feeding and the general upkeep of his family.

The standard of living is very high which is why what you think is a large amount begins to look so small by the time bills and other expenses begin to take their share.

Social security is nothing but hand outs from the government just so you do not starve
That'll be an assignment for me to research on! Well, thanks for the info!
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by seunmohmoh(f): 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Well said. I was shocked when the man said it himself that I shouldn't believe the hype about the states.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Well said. I was shocked when the man said it himself that I shouldn't believe the hype about the states.
Wow!
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by ilevic(m): 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
chiedozie198100:

thats why i laugh when people get visa to US and think they just got a ticket to heaven.

America is a sick society in every sphere of human endeavour.

we dont know how good we have it here, unless u step out there.

It's better to serve in heaven than to rule in hell. That's even if you'll ever have the chance to reign in hell sef
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by seunmohmoh(f): 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
justbusy:
If someone you know in U. S. A gist you finish you go open mouth aswear. Same with Canada. Over taxation is killing them.

1 Like

Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 29, 2019
justbusy:

It is very true. This is why you see people working 2 or 3 jobs just to make ends meet yet those ends never meet and they barely just get by. Everywhere you turn you are offered credit with what you think are amazing incentives and benefits but you do not realize it is all a scam.

Even with housing you get credit so easily and hence a lifetime of debt as you try to meet up with mortgage payments and also payments on your car you got on credit among other things.

This is why suicide rates are very high there despite the so called comfort levels. This is because frustration levels, stress levels and depression are also high due to the way the system runs.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by ilevic(m): 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Incidentally in USA the poverty level has doubled which is what they do not want people like you to know hence the shroud of silence thrown over these issues.

There is greed and selfishness everywhere including in the west

But yet, they do not make policies that make people to b more impoverished neither do they deliberately do things that manufacture poverty
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by seunmohmoh(f): 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2019
justbusy:
Wow!
You won't believe the ridiculous amount he pays for his house yearly for 37 years. Enough to build 3 mansions in Nigeria.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Chibuzoc(m): 9:40pm On Nov 29, 2019
SonofDevil:
oponu a homeless poor man in America have to contend alot of natural disaster and snow during winter period. Food and shelter re expensive in America compare to Nigeria

SonofDevil how come you know America Do you have internet in hell
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by theenchanter: 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2019
Chibuzoc:

SonofDevil how come you know America Do you have internet in hell
grin
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by kumulus(m): 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2019
Tetehjewels:

In short it is legalized scamming of people by deliberately giving them a false impression when the realities say otherwise. Scam figures in a game of cloak and daggers

There's a reason they say "Money makes the world go round".... Lets just say Big Money decides for all, you probably won't understand except you're into the financial markets. See Trump for instance, he does majority of his things on social media....most think he's just a lousy and irresponsible old man for bringing everything to SM but my Ol' pal is just being a shrewd business man and a loyal friend of the Institutions.

***Every tweet from this man has serious impact on the cost of living of every global citizen whose nation is involved in international trade most times even when they're not economy related.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2019
ilevic:

But yet, they do not make policies that make people to b more impoverished neither do they deliberately do things that manufacture poverty

Lmao this one has been brainwashed.

Why do you think there is this mad clamouring for Donald Trump to be removed? It all boils down to his DELIBERATE policies which are impoverishing a lot more Americans while making the rich to be richer.

You have no idea what is going on the world outside your comfort zone apparently.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2019
seunmohmoh:
If someone you know in U. S. A gist you finish you go open mouth aswear. Same with Canada. Over taxation is killing them.
Europe, with the exception of Britain, is better.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
seunmohmoh:
But, the US tax system has changed drastically: The rich are taxed higher. I can't say so for Canada! I heard that Canada is a very country to live in.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by seunmohmoh(f): 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
justbusy:
I will visit Serbia one day.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2019
justbusy:

There are 44 countries which make up Europe as we know it. What country in Europe are you referring to because some countries in Europe have similar terrible issues despite being in Europe. Never assume it is all rosy
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by Chibuzoc(m): 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
Tetehjewels:

A poor man in America is worse than a poor man in Nigeria because their standard of living is very high compared to Nigeria. A lot of them freeze to death during the cold due to no money thus no access to warmth and NOBODY CARES.

American poor man living in high standard
Nigerian poor man living in low standard

Op what are you trying to compare A poor American is a rich MAN in a low standard nigeria
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by seunmohmoh(f): 9:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
justbusy:
But, the US tax system has changed drastically: The rich are taxed higher. I can't say so for Canada! I heard that Canada is a very country to live in.
Canada will entertain me soon.
Re: Over 40 Million Are Poor In USA. How Poor People Survive In USA! (documentary) by chiedozie198100: 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2019
ilevic:

It's better to serve in heaven than to rule in hell. That's even if you'll ever have the chance to reign in hell sef

thats why I laugh.

cos u no know wetin dey

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Estonian Stage Half Naked Protest At The Russia Embassy / Farrakhan Confirms West's Involvement In Abacha's assassination / The Hegemon Turns Its Gaze On South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.