Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies (3122 Views)

First Transgender Inmate In The US Set To Die By Lethal Injection / Man Who Raped And Buried Girl Alive Is Executed By Lethal Injection In The US / 7-Year-Old Nigerian Boy Killed In Suspected Arson Attack In London. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by 68816419: 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2019
A bodybuilder who suffered body disfigurement after reportedly getting a synthol injection has died.

Ronny Rono, whose story was published in the Standard newspaper on September 1, 2019, died on Tuesday as his family rushed him to Siloam hospital.

His family members have confirmed that Rono died after developing a myriad of health complications.

Hilda Chepkemoi, the family spokesperson, said her cousin had been in an out of the hospital since his story was first published in the Standard and well-wishers came forward to assist Rono access medical attention.

"He was admitted at Green View hospital for two weeks before being discharged. Until his demise, he was in an out of various hospital for medical tests and was also being attended by a private doctor within Kericho town," she said.

Rono's aunt Mary Mabeche, a former Kericho nominated MCA, was devastated by the death of her nephew. She said the family hoped he would get better since he was already getting medical attention.

To get the latest soccer news, text 'SPORTS' to 22840.

Swollen body

Before he died, Rono’s body was swollen and his arms were wasting away. He rarely got out of bed, and whenever he did, he would look at himself in the mirror and break down in tears.

He was battling what doctors suspected was a case of synthol injection.

A medical review of the usage of synthol in bodybuilding says the substance is injected in the muscles to provide an immediate and temporary enlargement of the muscle body.

“Some bodybuilders favour synthol injections over anabolic steroids because it does not come with the long list of side effects associated with steroids,” says a medical report.

It warns that the effects of synthol can be devastating and long-term, including permanent muscle disfigurement, muscle fibrosis and development of muscle ulcers and wounds.
When the Standard interviewed Rono in September, he was asked if he had had an synthol injection. He denied but admitted that he was an alcoholic during his career as a bodybuilder. He however claimed someone could have injected him with the drug.

“I do not have a memory of everything I might have done,” he said then.

How it started

He explained that the condition began with a small swelling in his right arm before spreading to his left hand in April 2017.

During the interview in September, Rono removed his shirt and his body was a disfigured upper torso and swollen underarms. He had no muscle in his right hand. The skin in his upper abdomen and around the eye sockets was dry and cracking. He was using petroleum jelly to soothe the discomfort that comes with the dryness.

“The condition makes me feel like I am carrying a lot of weight that my backbone cannot support; that is why I am always feeling fatigued, I have to lie in bed,” he said.

He was also experiencing difficulty in breathing.

Medical report

A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) chest analysis conducted by Dr W Otieno, a radiologist at Lakeside MRI revealed that Rono’s pectoris muscles were grossly enlarged and showed heterogeneous contrast.

When the Standard sought a second opinion from Dr Philemon Letting of Kericho Fig Tree hospital, after examining the MRI report, he hinted that Rono’s condition could be a suspected case of synthol injection.

Chepkemoi, the family spokesperson says Rono's funeral will be held on December 3, 2019 at Chemosot Village in Bureti constituency. The family is currently fundraising to offset hospital and funeral expenses.

Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by falcon01: 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2019
damn man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by 68816419: 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
falcon01:
damn man
U like him?
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by Mutemenot(m): 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2019
He must-have injected locally made chemical I to his body .

2 Likes

Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by falcon01: 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
68816419:
U like him?
what should be my reply to this?
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by ikbnice(m): 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
Bodybuilding gone wrong

2 Likes

Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by 68816419: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2019
falcon01:
what should be my reply to this?
YES OR NO?
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by temmytopsy1(f): 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
RIP to him. But wait o what kind of body is this
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by falcon01: 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2019
68816419:
YES OR NO?
go f<ck yourself

1 Like

Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by 68816419: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2019
falcon01:
go f<ck yourself
Jesus love u
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by Richdad50(m): 9:55pm On Nov 29, 2019
Leave Jesus out of you stupid argument
68816419:

Jesus love u

2 Likes

Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by falcon01: 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2019
68816419:
Jesus love u
tell him to go fūck himself too
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by ralmix(m): 3:11am On Nov 30, 2019
Blood of God shocked
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by Dreiwizzy: 6:29am On Nov 30, 2019
falcon01:
That's rude.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by adecz: 6:42am On Nov 30, 2019
Wetin you gain?
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by Kpilo101: 7:00am On Nov 30, 2019
Stop taking unverified products. It may work for others but not you. RIP to the dead.
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by partnerbizn4(m): 7:13am On Nov 30, 2019
RIP bro.

You could have made a mistake. Nobody is perfect. It's left for others to learn from it.

Rip
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by Rextizzy: 8:33am On Nov 30, 2019
Nawa o
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by yahoosurepass(m): 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
okay.... nxt
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by 68816419: 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2019
falcon01:
I pray you see the light of the Lord. Amen
Re: Kenya, Body Builder In Suspected Synthol Injection Dies by BlackfireX: 3:12am On Dec 01, 2019
When your village people are on your matter with serious muscles...

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Self Defense Gadgets That All Nigerians Should Have / Young Man Looses Sanity After Overdose On meth (VIDEO) / Blackaxe Cultist Cut His Hand Because He Did Their Handshake VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.