Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,209 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Innocent Man Who Spent 12 Years In Prison, Gets Called To The Nigerian Bar - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Innocent Man Who Spent 12 Years In Prison, Gets Called To The Nigerian Bar (801 Views)

'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name / "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe / Olive Atuonwu, Buchi's Daughter Called To Bar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innocent Man Who Spent 12 Years In Prison, Gets Called To The Nigerian Bar by abilitea: 5:11am On Nov 30, 2019
A Nigerian man who allegedly spent 12 years in Nigerian prison for a crime he did not commit is now a lawyer after making the 2019 list of those called to the Nigerian bar.

Charles Mallam-Obi who shared the story of his childhood friend Akpoghene Edeno, said he was locked up in Nigerian prison for 12 years over a murder he didn't commit.

He further revealed that Edeno wrote his WAEC in prison and enrolled in University of Benin as a Law student after he got freed in 2012.

He wrote "Akpoghene Edeno is my childhood friend who spent twelve years in prison for a murder he didn't commit. He wrote WAEC while still in prison. He came out in 2012 and immediately proceeded to the University of Benin to study law. Today, he has been called to the Nigeria bar.

"His story is a testament to how indomitable the determined human spirit is. He could have been bitter at the society for the injustice he suffered for an offense he didn't commit. He could have been depressed. But he chose to show up and face the challenges of life.

"Congratulations, my brother. The sky isn't even your starting floor!"

Source - https://gistgram.com/innocent-man-who-spent-12-years-in-prison-gets-called-to-the-nigerian-bar

Re: Innocent Man Who Spent 12 Years In Prison, Gets Called To The Nigerian Bar by abilitea: 5:16am On Nov 30, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Innocent Man Who Spent 12 Years In Prison, Gets Called To The Nigerian Bar by Monaco2(m): 5:21am On Nov 30, 2019
sad
Re: Innocent Man Who Spent 12 Years In Prison, Gets Called To The Nigerian Bar by RichDad1(m): 5:21am On Nov 30, 2019
Nigerian justice system is a sham.

1 Like

Re: Innocent Man Who Spent 12 Years In Prison, Gets Called To The Nigerian Bar by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:43am On Nov 30, 2019
Good
But you can not judge like that’s. Only God knows the truths if he is guilty or not
Re: Innocent Man Who Spent 12 Years In Prison, Gets Called To The Nigerian Bar by Sirmuel1(m): 5:53am On Nov 30, 2019
12yrs is a long time. Well, mistakes happen everywhere, even in the best Countries. I am glad he survived, I'm glad they didn't kill him.
Congratulations!!
Re: Innocent Man Who Spent 12 Years In Prison, Gets Called To The Nigerian Bar by RiyadhGoddess(f): 6:14am On Nov 30, 2019
Waoh congrats Barrister

Just as we build our body spiritually, it is also important that we build our physical bodies.
I'm heading to the gym now...
Good Morning FAM, Happy Weekend To You All.
Re: Innocent Man Who Spent 12 Years In Prison, Gets Called To The Nigerian Bar by seunlayi(m): 6:21am On Nov 30, 2019
Congratulations to him.

(1) (Reply)

Juice WRLD Is Dead / Arnold Schwarzenegger Spotted Cruising Around On His Electric Hummer H1 / Tacha Dazzles In Black Fringe Dress For Mayorkun’s “the Mayor Of Lagos Fest”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.