Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,215 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

How I Moved From Ice Block Seller To Singer – Lilin Baba - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I Moved From Ice Block Seller To Singer – Lilin Baba (619 Views)

He Knew He Was Going” – Mohbad’s Last Messages To Singer Damo Surprises Nigerian / Kashy, Record Label Boss To Singer, Barry Jhay Reportedly Commits Suicide / Princess Vitarah: I Moved Out Of My Parents House When I Was 5 Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Moved From Ice Block Seller To Singer – Lilin Baba by zakim(m): 6:32am On Nov 30, 2019
Shu’aibu Ahmed Abbas popularly known as Lilin Baba is a singer, songwriter, actor and entrepreneur. In this interview with Weekend Magazine, he talks about his journey in the entertainment industry, among other issues. Excerpts:

Weekend Magazine: How did your musical career started?

Lilin Baba:
I used to sell ice block at a local market called ‘Bata’ in Fagge Local Government in Kano. At that time, I was a keen fan of Lil Wayne, P. Square and Sa’adau Bori. This inspired me to start writing my songs in 2010. In 2011 I moved to Abuja where I lived with my brother and started my own car and mortgage business. Alongside, I was still; writing songs. Thankfully, God blessed the business within a short period. Eventually, I went searching for a studio but couldn’t find any close to me. I later found one at Jabi where I met the producer, ‘Shadow’ and ‘Garkuwa’ who were very helpful to me. That was where I put together my first song titled ‘Arewa’ in 2016. That was how I later met Bala Usher and Mr. Cash who commended my effort. This was how I got to sing my second and third song with each of them. Lilin Baba In early 2017, with Bala Usher’s suggestion, we went to Kaduna where we sang ‘Azongolo’ with Umar M. Shareef. There I met a producer named Umar M.B. and another artist, Mr. Bangis with whom I sang several songs including ‘Wasa’ and ‘Eleke’.

WM: How would you describe your relationship with the producers you have worked with?

Baba:
It was always cordial and we had respect for each other. They really helped me to get where I am as a musician. Through Mr. Bangis I met another producer called David Dee, a talented and well-known producer in Northern Nigeria. He taught me a lot and even recommended that I start my own label. That was how North-East Records Nigeria Limited was established.

It was David Dee that introduced me to Adam A. Zango and I ended up singing ‘Dabbing’ with him which has gained more than five million views on YouTube and other social media sites. It became one of the most popular songs in Kannywood and opened its doors for me. After ‘Dabbing’s’ success, I decided to record a duet ‘Ba Zama’ with Umar M. Shareef. Fortunately, the song became a hit because it alerts young men on the dangers of idleness. It became popular within Nigeria and countries like Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Sudan, and Gabon. This gave me the needed push to do another single called ‘Tsaya’ with Umar M Sharif and produced by Don Adah who has been a resident of Lagos and a talented musician as well. The video, which featured Rahama Sadau, was shot there and it was directed by Bash Em who is a leading Nigerian choreographer. He works with great artists such as Davido, Skales and many more.

WM: How did you become an actor?

Baba: I got into the Kannywood movie industry when I met a producer, Abubakar Bashir Maishadda, in Abuja who commended my work. He told me he was interested in featuring me in his movie ‘Hauwa Kulu’. After consulting with my brother who is a car salesman, as well as some of my business partners, Nasiru Ali Koki and Shehu Jaha, I decided to accept the proposal. So my debut in Kannywood was in ‘Hauwa Kulu’, released this year. It’s produced by Abubakar Bashir Mai Shadda and directed by Ali Nuhu. It also features super stars such as Ali Nuhu, Hadiza Gabon, Falalu Dorayi, Umar M. Shareef, Baballe Hayatu, Abba Almustapha, Hassana Muhammad and many more. It received awards both in Nigerian and overseas. It is the first film ever posted on Nigeria’s First Lady’s Instagram page.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-i-moved-from-ice-block-seller-to-singer-lilin-baba.html

(1) (Reply)

Juice Wrld’s Net Worth And Biography / Tiwa Savage Confirms Her Relationship With Wizkid || Watch Video / Naira Marley To Shut Down Lagos, Date & Location Confirmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.