Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,119 members, 7,852,795 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:51 AM

Las Vegas-based Medical Doctor, Dr Godwin Maduka, Emerges "Man Of The Year" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Las Vegas-based Medical Doctor, Dr Godwin Maduka, Emerges "Man Of The Year" (296 Views)

Accord Party Candidate, Maduka Emerges 'Anambra Guber People's Choice / Race To Agu Awka Hots Up, Maduka Emerges Alternative For Ndi Anambra / Anambra Guber: Maduka Emerges Accord Party Candidate, Alexreports Concedes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Las Vegas-based Medical Doctor, Dr Godwin Maduka, Emerges "Man Of The Year" by BleedingPen: 7:31am On Nov 30, 2019
...makes case for the Youths

Ogochukwu Isioma

ABUJA — Las Vegas-based Nigerian medical doctor, Dr. Godwin Maduka has called on Nigerian leaders to join hands in building the “country of our dreams” for the youths.

Maduka made the call on Thursday shortly after receiving “Man of the Year” Award at the 2019 Leadership Excellence Awards organized by Igbere TV, an online medium in Abuja.

He urged Nigerian leaders, especially the political class, to place high premium on national interest in all their undertakings.

“Let’s put Nigeria first; let’s put the youths before everything”, he said. “I’m calling on all well-meaning Nigerians to join hands and pull resources together to build the country we desire.”

On how he feel about being honoured, the Anambra born philanthropist and Medical Director of the Las Vegas Pain Institute and Medical Centre, said he was simply delighted.

He thanked the organisers for the recognition accorded him, assuring to keep doing what he was doing that earned him the award.

Maduka, who dedicated the award to the memory of his late parents and Nigerian youths, called on the youths not to lose hope on their dreams.

“Of course, you can see that I’m so excited, but my excitement is for those children in the hinterland of Nigeria, those ones that are struggling, those ones selling on the streets trying to get money to go to school.

“This is the hope, those youths that have gone to school and are trying to come back and help their parents this is for you; I am talking about all the youths of Nigeria, I want you to have hope.

“If I can go from the little village where I grew up and end up being a triple professor, end up being a double doctorate holder and end up on Harvard campus and one of the pioneer businesses in medical sciences in the US, and to come home and do this; this is for you.

“We’re also telling all well-meaning Nigerians, wherever you come home put your resources together, let’s build this nation; we can’t leave everything for the government to do,’’ he said.

On his part, the Executive Director of Igbere TV, Mr Emeh James Anyalekwa, said the essence of the Award is to give reward to good leaders in different spheres of human endeavour.

“Leadership Excellence Awards organised by Igbere TV is an event that we want to use to promote good leadership, contribute to the development of the country.

“We believe, if we celebrate those who have done well others will want to follow the same path of excellence.

“The national interest should always rise above personal interest in whatever we do and that way the country will move faster, develop faster than we are today,” he said.

Other recipients of the Igbere TV Award include Senate President Ahmed Lawan, former President Goodluck Jonathan, former Speaker of House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara; Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Sen. Godswill Akpabio.

Others were: Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi; former Imo governor Sen. Rochas Okorocha; Acting EFCC Chairman, Mr Ibrahim Magu and Rep Nkeiruka Onyejeocha among others.

http://igberetvnews.com/1170675/dr-maduka-makes-case-youths-bags-leadership-excellence-award/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

Re: Las Vegas-based Medical Doctor, Dr Godwin Maduka, Emerges "Man Of The Year" by BleedingPen: 7:31am On Nov 30, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Las Vegas-based Medical Doctor, Dr Godwin Maduka, Emerges "Man Of The Year" by lordlugards: 8:19am On Nov 30, 2019
So Igbere TV of yesterday have started organising and given out high class AWARDS, yet NAIRALAND is yet to start crediting our bank account for our FTC achievement.

Inside Life.

(1) (Reply)

Zamfara Residents React To Past Leaders’ Jumbo Allowances / The Youths Have Given Up On Politics / Court Remands APC Stalwart For False Accusations Against Bauchi Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.