Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Help For A Legit Visa To The Bahamas - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help For A Legit Visa To The Bahamas (3935 Views)

5 Top Attractions In The Bahamas / Some Amazing Facts About Bahamas, Dubai, And Barbados. / Nigerians In Belize And Bahamas: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help For A Legit Visa To The Bahamas by 4sight(m): 4:36am On May 25, 2007
Hi friends from Nairaland, I am happy to be a member at last. Please can anyone tell me how I can go about obtaining a legit visa to the Bahamas to be with my wife. I need someone if any who can save me the embassy hassles maybe a legit agent who is into visa procurement. Thanks always.
Re: Help For A Legit Visa To The Bahamas by nosa101(f): 7:17am On May 25, 2007
I heard Nigerians don't need visas to go to the Bahamas (or was it another carribean country). The only catch was, there are no direct flights, you need to go through England.
Re: Help For A Legit Visa To The Bahamas by Vicjustice: 11:41am On May 25, 2007
nosa101:

I heard Nigerians don't need visas to go to the Bahamas (or was it another carribean country). The only catch was, there are no direct flights, you need to go through England.

GO TO THIS LINK and check it out:
http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/international_travel_information/visa_passport_information/index.jsp

This is the result:

/ 25MAY07 / 1039 UTC
National NIGERIA (NG)           /Destination BAHAMAS (BS)

BAHAMAS (BS)

Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months after entry)
and visa required.

Visitor must hold:
- return or onward ticket; and
- sufficient funds; and
- all documents required for next destination.

Exempt from holding return/onward tickets are those visitors
arriving to meet up with a:
- cruise ship: who should hold tickets for their cruise; or
- yacht: who should hold a letter stating they are doing so.

CHECK TINEWS/N4 - GREEK PASSPORTS

Timaticweb Version 1.3
25 May 2007
Re: Help For A Legit Visa To The Bahamas by omogenaija(f): 8:14pm On May 26, 2007
if ur wife is a citizen there cant she just file for u ?
Re: Help For A Legit Visa To The Bahamas by 4sight(m): 4:41am On Jun 01, 2007
I have applied with the Bristish embassy which is the consulate representing Bahamas in Nigeria but was greeted with a refusal. Please I think using a qualified Visa Agent will save us a lot of troubles as I need to be with her as soon as possible. Anyone who knows a reliable Visa agent can kindly call me on 08029207683 for contact details or better still email the contacts to my inbox or even leave a reply here. Thanks and God bless you for your kind gestures.
Re: Help For A Legit Visa To The Bahamas by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 01, 2007
if she's truly ur wife you wont be here asking for help.
Re: Help For A Legit Visa To The Bahamas by Vicjustice: 8:29am On Jun 01, 2007
Dear 4sight,
   Now that you've added your phone number here, i'm sure of some certain people who would want to take advantage of your desperation, they will ring you claiming to be the messiah of your problem.
   Beware of guys who are travel predators: Be careful with those guys, they're likely to come in disguise. And if you must implore the services of travel agents, do make sure you use the ones that are already established , not the flexible-mobile ones, because they'd make away with your money after failure with their fake documents.
   I advice you not to be desperate, but rather be determined and take your time; remember, things are easier when done orderly.
   And finally, remember that whatever fake documents that these guys arranged for you might jeopardise your chance FOREVER and that would be the end of the dreams because the embassy will then doubt the credibility of your marriage. Goodluck!
Re: Help For A Legit Visa To The Bahamas by 4sight(m): 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2007
Thanks Vicjustice, urs was one of the best replies I have gotten here. I really appreciate ur advise and I promise I will watch out for those guys. I know nairaland is a place for the helpless thats why Goats like Davidlyn should be ignored. One thing we must understand is that while somethings are easy for some, it is very hard for others. My wife is a Bahamian for true, we met here in Nigeria and married since we've been trying to get me over but its not been easy. She and I are seeking help from all the good places we can find it thats why I came here. so the idea of if she is my wife I shouldnt be here asking for help should not arise. If Davilyn has something we should have done and did not do then he shouldnt hesitate to inform me because thats why I am here to seek help from sensible people. Thanks all for all you meaningful contributions.
Re: Help For A Legit Visa To The Bahamas by PapaBrowne(m): 1:28am On Jun 09, 2007
@4sight
Davidylan is right. I don't understand why u are hitting at him.If as you said, your wife is Bahamian, you have no reason been here. It's much easier for her to file on your behalf.

The main problem with getting a Bahamian Visa for a Nigerian, is the fact that before the Visa is issued , you would need to provide a transit visa of the country through which you'll pass to the Bahamas-Mostly, UK, US or German.
Funnily, to obtain these transit visas, you'll need to provide proof of your Bahamian Visa. So it's almost a no-no both ways.

However, been that your wife is Bahamian, I think she should go to the Bahamian Immigration office and ask them what she can do. The address is
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Consular Section
Norfolk House, Frederick Street
P.O. Box N-3746
Nassau, Bahamas
Phone: 242-323-5578/5565
Fax: 242-326-6186

But for better info, i'd advise you visit
http://www.bahamas.com/bahamas/about/entryrequirements.aspx?sectionid=59196

[s]Worst still, if you really have to be with your wife in the Bahamas and nothing else works, you can go to Gambia, become a legitimate citizen and fly Visa free to the Bahamas.[/s] (disclaimer)

Wish you the best

(1) (Reply)

Advise Pls From Southafrica / How Can I Get To Ekpoma Using Public Transport From Lagos / Is It Possible To Get My Passport Before October 2022?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.