Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Dumb or Smart: 16 Senators That Defected From APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dumb or Smart: 16 Senators That Defected From APC (955 Views)

List Of Senators That Voted Against Electronic Transmission Of Results / Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria / The 41 Senators That Lost Return Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dumb or Smart: 16 Senators That Defected From APC by AfonjaBoston: 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2019
Was it just a divine ordinance that all 16 Senators that Defected from the APC to other parties mostly PDP except for Senator Shehu Sani threw a risky political dice that destroyed their career?

The 16 Senators are:

1. Dino Melaye

2. Barnabas Gemade

3. Ibrahim Danbaba

4. Shaaba Lafiaji

5. Mohammed Shitu

6. Rafiu Ibrahim

7. Suleiman Hunkuyi

8. Isa Misau

9. Monsurat Sunmonu

10. Soji Akanbi

11. Usman Nafada

12. Musa Kwankwaso

13. Suleiman Nazif

14. Lanre Tejuosho

15. Shehu Sani

16. Bukola Saraki

I just find it hard to believe that they were all rigged out as people will make it seem

Some of them defected to PDP but failed to win the primaries. It's surprising that a senator at that level will move from certainty to uncertainty

In my opinion they were not rigged out , but just played a dumb political move and were also rejected by their people for those who contested like Saraki, Dino and Shehu

These senators are spread out across political zones so that rigging analogy doesn't hold water

It looks to me like despite the struggles of the nation 85% of the voting population still like APC and do not see PDP as a viable option

That is the reality, APC Has also mastered the art of politicking by consistently taking the real masses along in their political permutations

There will be more wins for the ruling party and I see an explosion of PDP very soon unless they rebrand and come up with new ideas that are not elitist I see a burial of PDP by 2024

Copyrighted AfonjaBoston

Cc: Mynd44 lalasticlala

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dumb or Smart: 16 Senators That Defected From APC by budaatum: 2:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
Did some of them not first defect from pdp to APC to start with? Saraki springs to mind. I wonder which others on your list did too.
Re: Dumb or Smart: 16 Senators That Defected From APC by AfonjaBoston: 2:28pm On Dec 01, 2019
budaatum:
Did some of them not first defect from pdp to APC to start with? Saraki springs to mind. I wonder which others on your list did too.

All were elected on the platform of APC in 2015

1 Like

Re: Dumb or Smart: 16 Senators That Defected From APC by budaatum: 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

All were elected on the platform of APC in 2015
Were any of them defectors from pdp like Saraki was?

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-44927698

Re: Dumb or Smart: 16 Senators That Defected From APC by AfonjaBoston: 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2019
budaatum:

Were any of them defectors from pdp like Saraki was?

Of course kwakwanso, Barnabas Gemade, Nazif , dino in short almost all of them defected to APC in 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dumb or Smart: 16 Senators That Defected From APC by Babachukwu: 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2019
Standing on the truth is not bad, one day Nigerians will understand their efforts
Re: Dumb or Smart: 16 Senators That Defected From APC by budaatum: 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Of course kwakwanso, Barnabas Gemade, Nazif , dino in short almost all of them defected to APC in 2014
That's what I thought, serial defectors following the money with no ideals.

This thread of yours goes to show that voters are not as dumb as the polity think, and that we need to learn to trust ourselves more. Every politician will be duly rewarded for whatever they do or don't do.
Re: Dumb or Smart: 16 Senators That Defected From APC by amuwo1980: 3:50pm On Dec 01, 2019
And this one thinks he is smart, do u need anything more than mere common sense to know that it was all rigging.
Re: Dumb or Smart: 16 Senators That Defected From APC by budaatum: 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2019
amuwo1980:
And this one thinks he is smart, do u need anything more than mere common sense to know that it was all rigging.
Actually, I don't think we Nigerians are so dumb that all our elections can be rigged. And sense is not common or everyone would have some.

(1) (Reply)

Military Repels Boko Haram Attack Open Fire At Them On Damaturu (videos) / Insecurity: You’re All Losers Like Atiku – Femi Adesina Mocks Northern Elders / Throwback How APC Politicize Ebola (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.