Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 (40563 Views)

Manchester United Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (2 - 1) On 4th April 2021 / Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Manchester United - (0 - 3) On 30th June 2020 / Manchester United Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 0) On 25th November 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 06, 2019
Bobbystanley:

Mehn those Idiots Bleep up

I'm sorry bro. You should have played 12. I'm an arsenal fan and I can not play arsenal straight win.

Hey if it makes you feel any better I follow basketball a lot and I give nba games to people to play and most of them enter. My last 5 odds entered. Imagine if you played it with 50k. Last week my game of 19 odds was cut by only one team.
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Angelfrost(m): 8:39am On Dec 06, 2019
Andrez123:
Arsenal will be playing Manchester City and not United, anyway Arsenal won't win any of these upcoming games if Ljungberg is still in charge.

They are also playing United in the first week of January... December to January will make or break this Arsenal team.

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by tedelah: 8:41am On Dec 06, 2019
Arsenal should send for
Pochetino fast

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by sterlingD(m): 8:51am On Dec 06, 2019
Ekpekus:
Arsenal the same yesterday, today and tomorrow..
Why now,maka why?

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by BigBizzy(m): 9:03am On Dec 06, 2019
hahahaha my dear gunnars!!!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Thryphosa(m): 9:18am On Dec 06, 2019
realoscar84:
Some people level of ignorance tire me sef. U are here commenting on nairaland asking for results of matches? Why can't you simply go to livescore n check ur results? U are playing bets but u don't know how to check results, so how do you forecast in the first place.

He's only seeking attention.
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Adakintroy2: 9:43am On Dec 06, 2019
Reference:

You know very little about football. Even a kid behind sunshades can see clearly that the problem is central defence and you like Arsenal continues to emphasize about the front.

You spend 80 million on a winger, bring in a Real Madrid player, all for forward play but who do you buy for security at the back, a washed up Brazilian from the Chelsea scrap heap (Brazilians are not reknowned for producing great defenders anyway) and a rookie from the Scottish league. Having lost a frustrated Laurent Kolciesny (pardon me) in the summer.

Then you tell me the problem is not at the back but in front? Did you hear the commentary which clearly stated that Arsenal's problem starts and ends when the team IS NOT WITH THE BALL, meaning in defence mode.

Liverpool had this same issue a few years ago. They were always strong going forward but lost key matches to a comedic defence but Klopp saw the problem and brought in Van and just see how the young man has changef the fortunes of the club singlehandedly.

He is the reason why Liverpool won the UCL. Defence wins you trophies. Something Arsenal has never recognised since the days of the great Tony Adams and the mighty Patrick Viera.

It is defence that makes all the difference in football. Even Barca with Messi will not smell another UCL until the club addresses it aging defence.

Let me take you on your points

#point 1.

80m does not translate to quality Friend. neither does coming from madrid equates quality of performance. The point is that we have seen the players and they they are still learning on the job. Point!

2#

commentary as a source of authority does not put you in a position of knowing it's called crowd funding. Just because everybody think this way does not make them right. Everybody. can be wrong. Plus those so called commentator from sharewood to Adams did try their hands on coaching and they failed miserably. So make your own observation keenly while watching the game since you and them are expose to similar phenomenon. There is no such thing as "expert". We all can see. So back to the topic.

All clubs to an extent fit themselves from a philosophy. The elite clubs like baca, try to sell you all out attacking football. They are a brand of some sought. So it's not about just kicking a "round thing" about, but doing it with style and class. Same with madrid, Munich and city. To them, the best form of defence will always be attack. This philosophy informs their behaviors interms of recruitement.. i.e coaches and players. Baca will never sign a Simone or mourihno. Why? their footballs is too dark and defensive. filled with fouls and negative tactics.

If they cannot sign defensive minded coaches their are limited to which they can sign defensive heavy tank playears too. They need to be built light and fluid. That's the point. Semedo pique, Roberto or umtiti are not exactly world Class defenders. But that said, what they lack in defence they make up for in attack with suarez, griezman, dembele, messi, dejong, authur, .e.t.c

That puts any team on the back foot long enough not to notice their defensive weakness. Again it lends truth to best form of defense to be attack.

And that has been good enough to dominate madrid, athletico in their domestic sphere. The champions League is no man's land.(since you were clever to pick on it and not the leagues)

With arsenal it's a similar natrative. " arsenal style of football" is a brand that ought to represent attacking football" not defensive. That means more emphasis on attack and less on defense. This include strong midfield control.

For the first time in a long time we are loosing even posession stats and corners. How is that defensive problem. Arsenal don't loose possessing stats easily..let alone to a lowly teams like Britton. Yet you want me to believe defensive. If you can't translate that stats well, let me do it from you.

It means we are not controlling the midfield as we are pretending to do. Wilnock get shoved aside, xhaka give balls away and make needless fouls ozil is not strong on the ball and pepe well..can't decide if to shoot or pass.

If you can't control midfield you can't control the attack or push opposition back..and if you can't push opposition, back they end up pushing you back. That's is what is happening.

It's not defence it's central midfield breakdown.

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Bobbystanley(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2019
Pointguardusa:

I'm sorry bro. You should have played 12. I'm an arsenal fan and I can not play arsenal straight win.

Hey if it makes you feel any better I follow basketball a lot and I give nba games to people to play and most of them enter. My last 5 odds entered. Imagine if you played it with 50k. Last week my game of 19 odds was cut by only one team.

Not a B ball fan but we can be working hand in hand..4 odds is even Okay for me.

Add me on WhatsApp 07033318365
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 06, 2019
Bobbystanley:

Not a B ball fan but we can be working hand in hand..4 odds is even Okay for me.

Add me on WhatsApp 07033318365

Check out my thread and tell me what you think.

https://www.nairaland.com/5567358/nba-predictions?iorg_service_id_internal
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Andrez123(m): 10:04am On Dec 06, 2019
Angelfrost:

They are also playing United in the first week of January... December to January will make or break this Arsenal team.
Yeah but they'll be playing Manchester City and Chelsea first which are much more difficult matches although every match is difficult now for Arsenal including against the poor teams.
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Aturitoroman: 10:05am On Dec 06, 2019

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Bobbystanley(m): 10:07am On Dec 06, 2019
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 06, 2019
Bobbystanley:

Nice one

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by CuteNbad(m): 10:52am On Dec 06, 2019
Ireboya:
who later die .?
you are mouthed. Sure boy

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by DavIkenna(m): 11:04am On Dec 06, 2019
This is beyond coach matter
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Malawian(m): 11:16am On Dec 06, 2019
na relegation we go fight for this season, then our eyes go clear well well.
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by AiiVee(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2019
Wenger Out Emery Out I'm Out
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by AiiVee(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2019
Wenger Out Emery Out I'm Out
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by barinedan(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2019
Arsenal Is The World's Recognized Heartbreaker, If You Want To Live Long Stay Away From The Virus Called Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Chidexsco8448(m): 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2019
Bobbystanley:
Arsenal need to win

My 50k bet is on them
Chai... #50K gone down d drain jus lik dat shocked shocked shocked Arsenal una papa oooo

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 by Legendguru: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
Oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea: FA Cup (2 - 2) On 10th March 2013 / Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling / Liverpool Vs Arsenal: Carabao Cup -(4 - 5) On Pens On 1st October 2020