Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

China Set To Introduce Mandatory Face Scan For All Phone Users - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / China Set To Introduce Mandatory Face Scan For All Phone Users (659 Views)

How To Flash Tecno Phones Your Self !!!! Android Phone Users. / Needs to scan something? Here's a mouse. / Bad News For Huawei Phone Users From Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Set To Introduce Mandatory Face Scan For All Phone Users by obavalen(f): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2019
China is set to introduce mandatory face scans for every phone user as a requirement for registering new mobile phone services by telecom operators.

China seek to verify the identities of the country’s hundreds of millions of internet users with the introduction of this mandatory face scan announced in September and due to take effect Sunday, according to the BBC.
China’s industry and information technology ministry issued a notice on “safeguarding the legitimate rights and interests of citizens online”, which laid out rules for enforcing real-name registration.

The notice said telecom operators should use “artificial intelligence and other technical means” to verify people’s identities when they take a new phone number.

A China Unicom customer service representative told AFP that the December 1 “portrait matching” requirement means customers registering for a new phone number may have to record themselves turning their head and blinking.

“In next steps, our ministry will continue to…increase supervision and inspection…and strictly promote the management of real-name registration for phone users,” said the September notice.

China already uses facial recognition technology to survey its population.

It is a world leader in such technologies but its intensifying use across the country in recent years has sparked debate. Social media users are sharing a mix of support and worry over the facial verification notice.

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/12/china-set-to-introduce-mandatory-face.html

Re: China Set To Introduce Mandatory Face Scan For All Phone Users by obavalen(f): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: China Set To Introduce Mandatory Face Scan For All Phone Users by GistWorld(f): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
Ok cool
Re: China Set To Introduce Mandatory Face Scan For All Phone Users by obiekunie2: 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2019
the way its going ba? it will soon be world wide.

DID ANYBODY ELSE NOTICE THIS?

I went to make withdrawal at access bank atm and it was telling me that it can see my face clearly - that i should position myself so it can see me clearly.

I positioned myself for the atm before it processed my withdrawal.

It did that to a lot of people not just me. Thou there are some other atms at the same bank that wasnt doing that but i know they will soon activate it in all the atms.

POLICE STATE LOADING FAST. IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW.

(1) (Reply)

Buy This 2 Lovely Samsung Twin Smart Phone For Cheap / Macbook Air I7, It, Available For Sell / Cheap Lenovo Ideapad 720 Gaming Laptop SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.