Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Oyo Lawmaker, Akande Sadipe Awards Yearly Scholarship Worth Millions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyo Lawmaker, Akande Sadipe Awards Yearly Scholarship Worth Millions (478 Views)

How He Got Scholarship Worth ₦‎30 Million To Loughborough University / Best WAEC Students Get N200k Yearly Scholarship From Lagos Government (Photo) / 2019/2020 SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY COMPETITION - Tolu Akande Sadipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Lawmaker, Akande Sadipe Awards Yearly Scholarship Worth Millions by lolusada: 7:49pm On Dec 01, 2019
Oyo lawmaker, Akande Sadipe awards yearly scholarship worth millions.

Hon. Tolulope Akande Sadipe K today held the Scholarship Awards at her Constituency Office, Ibadan Oyo state.

It was the first of its kind of such program in Oluyole Federal Constituency, the community leaders, party  leadership, pastors imams and many other respected political holders were present.

In her speech Akande-Sadipe said
"I see tomorrow’s medical professionals,
scientists, law enforcement officers, business executives, educators, writers, engineers, computer experts, and lawyers. I hope a few of you someday become legislators like me or even Governor of Oyo State. Trust me I would
vote for you."

Why education we asked her ? She said "I believe so passionately in helping provide opportunities such as this is because education has the
potential for transforming our nation thereby creating progress and growth. Every citizen is a pillar of the nation and a nation rests on billions of such pillars. The more educated the pillars are, the stronger the nation’s foundation would be.
Also access to affordable quality education is the key to Knowledge. Economic Freedom and National Development.

the Scholarship Programme would run for the complete 4 years in the legislative chambers.
• The first phase of the programme would run from 2019 to 2023.
• Every year 25 undergraduate students from Oluyole Federal Constituency, Oyo State will benefit from the
programme
• The sum of N100,000 will be paid per year.
• The sum will be paid to the schools directly
• Any scholar that graduates will be replaced with a new scholar.
• In the second year the beneficiaries would be students who have 3 years maximum to graduation and this will
decrease each year. with all scholarships paid up every four years.

The selection of candidates were purely from Oluyole and they were all seleted based on merit, it also had a fair representation of both male and female benefitiaries, parents of the candidates showered prayers on Hon Sadipe.

The people of Oluyole applaud Sadipe and commend her for active role in the House of assembly she has made several contribution on the floor, she recently moved a motion on Diaspora Remittances inflow to Nigeria and Urged the house to look into as Nigeria is set to generate higher revenue from Diaspora Remittances in future.

One thing we know it that, when it comes to quality representation we call on Tolulope Akande-Sadipe k.

Re: Oyo Lawmaker, Akande Sadipe Awards Yearly Scholarship Worth Millions by koolib(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2019
Kudos to her, that is my rep.
Re: Oyo Lawmaker, Akande Sadipe Awards Yearly Scholarship Worth Millions by akande115: 10:58pm On Dec 01, 2019
The populace don't even know the criteria she use to choose those that win the scholarship
Re: Oyo Lawmaker, Akande Sadipe Awards Yearly Scholarship Worth Millions by lolusada: 12:55pm On Dec 16, 2019
akande115:
The populace don't even know the criteria she use to choose those that win the scholarship

There was a post here on nairaland before the scholarship was awarded, as far back as July
Re: Oyo Lawmaker, Akande Sadipe Awards Yearly Scholarship Worth Millions by akande115: 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2019
lolusada:

There was a post here on nairaland before the scholarship was awarded, as far back as July

Can you pls post the link for the earlier post.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: 9-year-old Boy Who Has ‘calendar Dates In His Brain’ / Payment Of Salaries: We’re Hopeful Government Will Waive BVN Condition ― ASUU / OAU To Start Online Classes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.