Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Igbo In Niger Delta - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo In Niger Delta (811 Views)

Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo / Body Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China, Lands In Lagos Airport / Corpse Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China Packaged; To Be Flown To Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo In Niger Delta by DannyG8(m): 12:27am On Dec 02, 2019
Is it true that Igbo dominate Niger delta region, I have a friend from river state who has an Igbo name but he keep insisting that he is not an Igbo boy
Re: Igbo In Niger Delta by Heartbender: 1:53am On Dec 02, 2019
I also have a friend from Imo state who has a Niger Delta name but has refused to agree that he is a Niger Deltan and not Igbo. Yeye dey smell
Re: Igbo In Niger Delta by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 02, 2019
Igbos are not into the game of domination. The fact that there are Igbos indigenous to the Niger Delta doesn't mean they dominate the place.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo In Niger Delta by bigfrancis21: 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2019
DannyG8:
Is it true that Igbo dominate Niger delta region, I have a friend from river state who has an Igbo name but he keep insisting that he is not an Igbo boy

Igbo speaking people (I didn’t call them Igbo) who speak varieties of dialects are found in most of the Niger Delta states especially in Rivers and Delta states. Pockets (a few communities especially at the border) can be found in Akwa Ibom (Akirika Obu), Cross River state (in Abi LGA), Bayelsa (Ndokwa and Ekpeye speakers), Edo state (Igbanke/Igbo Akiri) and even in the middle belt (mostly border communities found in Kogi and Benue states). These people are native to this areas, not migrants as they have their own native villages.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo In Niger Delta by DannyG8(m): 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Igbo speaking people (I didn’t call them Igbo) who speak varieties of dialects are found in most of the Niger Delta states especially in Rivers and Delta states. Pockets (a few communities especially at the border) can be found in Akwa Ibom (Akirika Obu), Cross River state (in Abi LGA), Bayelsa (Ndokwa and Ekpeye speakers), Edo state (Igbanke/Igbo Akiri) and even in the middle belt (mostly border communities found in Kogi and Benue states). These people are native to this areas, not migrants as they have their own native villages.
your point is that the are not Igbo right
Re: Igbo In Niger Delta by WhoRUDeceiving: 12:40am On Dec 09, 2019
Niger Delta is just another way of saying Nigger Area. There are indigenous and glorious kingdoms throughout the riverine areas....If you research, you will find out their history is probably the most interesting of anyone in Black Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1LX9D6ivBI

(1) (Reply)

Imo Community Defy Lockdown Order, Celebrate Ikeji Cultural Festival / Meet Nigeria's Oldest Monarch / Nigeria �� & South Africa �� - Similarities *SHOCKING*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.