Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,482 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

The Nigerian Condition: A Call To Responsibility - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Condition: A Call To Responsibility (162 Views)

PAP: Bank Accepts Responsibility For Delay In Beneficiaries’ Stipends / ISIS Claims Responsibility For Killing Of 11 Soldiers In Borno / Metering Is Your Responsibility, NERC Fires Back At Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Condition: A Call To Responsibility by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 02, 2019
Nigeria, a State filled with so much potential and possibilities for the future consistently continues to wallow in political and economic stagnancy to the bewilderment of everyone that has held high hopes for its future. The phrase "E go beta" popularly professed by Nigerians meaning "things will get better" has been transformed into chants of "stupid country!" "Bad government" "wicked politicians" and it only makes me wonder where we lost our way.

A host of us have been induced with the idea that faults lie elsewhere in the hands of our colonial masters who continue to play our strings after greatly stealing massive amounts of our resources, but how long can we continue to play the blame game? How long can we continue to let our past define our future?. Another prominent theme when discussing the "Nigerian Condition" is corruption, we blame "corruption" for almost all our problems and fail to realize we're all a vital part of it, from the market woman ripping off her customers in the name of inflation to the official holding a vital political position and capitalising on it to grant favours to friends and family to the detriment of those justifiably qualified. We blame practically everything and everyone besides ourselves individually as a significant part of a whole spinning out of control.

Subjectively,I believe things will begin to change from the moment we all start taking responsibility. This should not be misinterpreted to imply that we ought not to point fingers at faulty corners but as a reminder that we ought to remove the speck from our eyes before attempting to remove a log in our neighbours. So I challenge you all,from the child checking for jamb expo's online to the mother giving her child bribes for lecturers to the father involved in fraudulent activities in the name of trying to make life comfortable for his family to the teacher using outdated syllabus to the music artist spitting out harmful content for "entertainment" to the pastor twisting biblical verses for personal gain and yes! To the politician looting public funds for personal gain and to every single Nigerian who refuses to vote because of frustration and a belief that their vote doesn't count,No it does!! . Start taking Responsibility!!!
Re: The Nigerian Condition: A Call To Responsibility by Gandollaar(f): 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2019
I tried to read all but couldn't because it was too long and I'd rather pick beans than stress myself reading a recount of Nigeria's problem as if doing that would change anything.

(1) (Reply)

Performance Will Earn Akeredolu 2nd Term / Insecurity: Border Closure Has Yielded Positive Result – Lai Mohammed / Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.