Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,845 members, 7,851,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

NDLEA is a disgrace! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA is a disgrace! (1789 Views)

Orubebe Is A Disgrace, Afraid Of Probe- Oshiomhole / Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari / Ndlea Is Now Singing A New Song On This Baba Suwe Issue : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA is a disgrace! by playmode(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2010
I had the displeasure of watching the so called NDLEA drug interception at the seaport yesterday on CNN and i was very shocked to see the way the NDLEA officials were conducting themselves. First off non of these men were wearing any uniforms or jackets of some sorts to indicate that they worked for the agency, secondly they did not have ID tags .Thirdly they were allowing a news crew to film their activities while they were still opening the containers and have not yet ascertained how much drugs were in the containers. Lastly and most annoying of all , Christian Purefoy the CNN reporter was allowed to walk around the evidence and even touch the evidence. In any civilised country with a civilized anti drug agency , they would have condoned the area off with a “do not go beyond this line” tape like you find at crimes scene. The news crew will not be able to get close talk less of touching the canisters of drugs. These Nigerian fools who call themselves agents don’t know anything about protocol, the journalist could have contaminated the evidence or even removed a valuable piece of item from the "crime" scene.

I pose this question to all of you. Do you think an NTA reporter can go to the USA and touch "drug" evidence being displayed by the DEA? Just goes to show our country is a regressive nation. All those men working there yesterday would have been fired on the spot if it was South Africa. Nigeria - I weep for my country. Shall we always fail in everything we do? Our police, immigration and other law enforcement agencies are a shame to behold. No proper training, no protocol and so sense of discipline. All they know is to eat egusi and ogbono soup and grow fat like a pig. Did you see how bloated the spokesperson of the NDLEA was? What a shame! I don’t blame then, when we have a d!ckhead as a president, what should one expect. Nigeria, Good people, Dumb leaders!

I feel the NDLEA should be scrapped and a new agency initiated in it's place. They should get retired DEA officers to come and train these men if they are serious about combating the narcotics trade in Nigeria. There are many jobless intelligent graduates in Nigeria who will do well in such an agency but the idiots in power will rather hire their semi educated relatives! Besides they wouldn't have known about the shipment if not for the tip they got from the C.I.A.What a bunch of crocks!
Re: NDLEA is a disgrace! by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 24, 2010
Na wa! If dem no see and touch una go say dem no allow journalists and they are setting some people up. Now you can see and touch and you wanna know why? grin

On a serious note, I think we need professionalism in all agencies of government. Not just the NDLEA
Re: NDLEA is a disgrace! by sirbanje(m): 9:33am On Nov 24, 2010
Take advantage of the on going end of the year bonanza and become a professional in Laptop engineering, Desktop engineering, Radio frequency engineering, Desktop Publishing and a host of other professional courses. For more inquiries, pls call Rotimi on 07035533061 or Tj on 08132338969.
Rocket Institute of information Technology is At , Adealu B/Stop IyanaIpaja, Lagos
Re: NDLEA is a disgrace! by jamace(m): 11:13am On Nov 24, 2010
Recall how the police anti-bomb squad dressed while inspecting bombed vehicles during the 50th anniversary celebration in Abuja, very unprofessional. The NDLEA is no exception. The same attitude is exhibited in almost all govt parastatals, and the causes of all these start from our leaders who are first and foremost selfish and do not care about govt interest .

It is our way and the disgrace is for all of us.

(1) (Reply)

Wales:Yorubas say NO to PDP,you Better Cross Carpet, I am ready to die / Seun - You May Need To Caution People In Here. / State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.