Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,792 members, 7,862,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:02 PM

I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries (8958 Views)

Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan / Speaker Bankole, Gov Daniel And Abiola's Daughter Lose Pdp Tickets / Senate Committee Chairman On Gas Senator Osita Izunaso Lose PDP Party Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by Beaf: 8:18am On Nov 25, 2010
Kilode?!:

I know, our leaders reflect the prevailing culture in Nigeria though, Ageism(Gerontocracy) "Big-manism" "God-fatherism (all the Naija isms, you get the picture) whatever you call it, it's a culture that ignores basic principles of equality or egalitarianism. Most of us are guilty of that nonsense from our Churches/Mosques to our kitchens.

Koruji I do not share your enthusiasm about GEJ but, I can see why you might consider him a lesser evil, he has a calmer demeanor and he seems to care more about  maintaining a certain positive public persona. Beyond that, I can't see how he's different from his former boss Alams, with his large foreign entourage, spending N23Bils on Jets!!

I took the Benin Ore road recently sir! the Busiest business inter-state road corridor in Nigeria is still an eyesore and a death trap! 23BN on jets?!  Patience's corruption allegations, the dumb rice distribution, I can't even believe GEJ didn't participate in Alamieyeseigha's looting of Bayelsa but, that's just me. I refuse to suspend that much disbelief. So, yes he seems gentle, But I'm also a Nigerian, I've seen enough and as they say in obodo oyinbo, even if you put lipstick on a pig. . . . 

As for Ribadu and co, I'm not impressed either, however, I will be happy to see a very weak and less powerful PDP even if they win the presidency. Ribadu/ACN has work to do and They need to focus on becoming a strong opposition. They've wasted too much time already

I do not even want to talk about that "foam in the mouth" illiterate called Atiku, that thief will sell Nigeria to the highest bidder and quickly too!

Abeg, free di man! What you see is the actual goods.
Dude, this is Jonathans house that was bombed when he was VP, there is nothing ostentatious about it, you can see how villagers could walk into his compound freely. In fact it was also his only house and when his father died, newspapers actually reported him as being homeless, because he genuinely had no home.

Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by sexygold: 8:25am On Nov 25, 2010
u guys should understand that GEJ is not" NORMAL", if we can recall how he was chosen to be the deputy governor to governor to vice president to ag v.p to president, so u see,let me SOUND it so clear that,if GEJ destined to be the next president, NO BODY on EARTH can STOP HIM except GOD or DEATH, so u see is FAR from ZONING or DEFLECTING to parties, BE  WISE GUYZZZZ
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by daroz(m): 8:34am On Nov 25, 2010
The truth is that IBB will never allow Atiku to win the primaries. He will rather let him lose, so that people will begin to blame the northern selection process, saying that he IBB would have been a better opponent against Jonathan. In that case, he will now appear more relevant than what this selection process had made him. And besides, what gives you guys the impression that IBB really care about the so called zoning formula. He only supported it cos it gives him a better chance to grab the presidential ticket. Now that he is out, just watch what his next move will be.
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by omolayo1(m): 8:36am On Nov 25, 2010
vote for ribadu/fashola for 2011. best candidate i can imaging,will fashola accept the offer is the question now.
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by daroz(m): 8:38am On Nov 25, 2010
The truth is that IBB will never allow Atiku to win the primaries. He will rather let him lose, so that people will begin to blame the northern selection process, saying that he IBB would have been a better opponent against Jonathan. In that case, he will now appear more relevant than what this selection process had made him. And besides, what gives you guys the impression that IBB really care about the so called zoning formula. He only supported it cos it gives him a better chance to grab the presidential ticket. Now that he is out, just watch what his next move will be.
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by DapoBear(m): 8:56am On Nov 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I wish I could stretch out my hands to slap you there for the above!

As a certain poster here would say:

ROFLMAO

smiley
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by Ninapha(f): 9:00am On Nov 25, 2010
koruji:

It goes like this. Nigeria's leaders tend to see themselves in the role of emperors instead of high level employees of the people - it is an ego problem. Of all the candidates so far, both of these guys seem to have a good perspective in this regard - that is unless their actions are helping the people it is of no use. I believe that unless any leader gets this right he will ultimately fail.

Again I am looking at the choices b/4 us. Which of these contenders do U prefer?

Koruji. You are speaking GBAM!  These "Men of Dishonour" are only interested in building useless ego and unwarranted personality.  After 8years in Aso Rock tell me what most of them forgot that they are wishing to complete except to enrich their pockets.  They simply have no interest of the populace and should be stopped by fire and thunder. Amen! cry
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by Ninapha(f): 9:37am On Nov 25, 2010
sexygold:

u guys should understand that GEJ is not[b]" NORMAL", [/b] if we can recall how he was chosen to be the deputy governor to governor to vice president to ag v.p to president, so u see,let me SOUND it so clear that,if GEJ destined to be the next president, NO BODY on EARTH can STOP HIM except GOD or DEATH, so u see is FAR from ZONING or DEFLECTING to parties, BE WISE GUYZZZZ

AT the bolded, when did it start? what did the doctors say is the cause?
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by Kilode1: 9:46am On Nov 25, 2010
Beaf:

Dude, this is Jonathans house that was bombed when he was VP, there is nothing ostentatious about it, you can see how villagers could walk into his compound  freely. In fact it was also his only house and when his father died, newspapers actually reported him as being homeless, because he genuinely had no home.

Eeyah why dem bomb the guy house now?  he no settle them? undecided
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by Adanora: 10:38am On Nov 25, 2010
Nigeria is on the verge of being liberated from the PDP mafia.Jonathan's loss at the PDP primaries will be a first step towards that direction.

Abagworo sorry oooooooooooooooo. its your lose. GEJ is already ou president. u guys should wait till further notice. grin grin grin
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by Nsiman(m): 10:41am On Nov 25, 2010
If u bend and look at someone's anus some other person is looking at urs too. If u wish someone bad someone else will wish u same. HE WHO HAS AN EAR LET HIM HEAR!
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by manmade(m): 10:44am On Nov 25, 2010
There is a difference between Nigerian Constitution and PDP constitution.

When you join an organisation you have a duty to subject yourself to the rules of the organisation. If you don't like the organisation then by all means quit.

It is like a tennant disregarding his tenancy agreement not to host noisy parties in his flat and claiming that the Nigerian constitution gives him the right to associate freely.

If you do not like the agreement you entered into then quit.

Jonathan should leave the PDP if he does not like the zoning formula.

@ marcdunu  , the Nigerian constitution of 1999 which I know says that any other laws that is inconsistence with provision of the constitution is null and void to the extent of it inconsitencies I dont think u checked the back cover of ur own copy perhaps u are reading from liberian constitution.
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by jmoore(m): 10:52am On Nov 25, 2010
All Good opposition do not stand a chance of winning, people like pat utomi, chris okotie because their campaign is not wide spread

It is better that Goodluck wins rather than Atiku or those zoning political animals

Meanwhile, I wish all of them goodluck[jonathan] in 2011 election
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by 9ijaMan: 11:09am On Nov 25, 2010
Beaf:

Dude, this is Jonathans house that was bombed when he was VP, there is nothing ostentatious about it, you can see how villagers could walk into his compound  freely. In fact it was also his only house and when his father died, newspapers actually reported him as being homeless, because he genuinely had no home.

Beaf,
GEJ's salary in his 11-12 years in government cannot build that house (if he does not add some extras to it). Stating that there is nothing "ostentatious" about that structure can be likened to saying IBB is a saint who's never done any wrong. You also claimed it's his only house, I was just wondering if you happen to be one of his sons, perhaps that explains a lot of things about your die hard support for him.

This may not sound too good for you, Atiku is a far more stronger candidate from the stables of People Deceiving Party in comparison to GEJ. At least Atiku has one thing going for him, the North is united in their bid to reclaim Aso Rock, while GEJ doe not even have the support of half of the south except for his incumbency, which you have failed to see will not count for anything, going by GEJ's antecedents in the last couple of months.

I'll expect you to resort to insults and foul language when you reply as it's typical of you. My last advice is that you should know that you diversionary tactics aint pulling wool over everyone's eyes!
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by Defender1: 11:14am On Nov 25, 2010
The Bible says "Two cannot walk together except they agree" Amos 3:3. Join us and lets defend our Nigerian Democracy. We have two choices
1) Goodluck for one man, GEJ
2) Good Life for ALL Nigerians, Atiku

Let us do the right thing,
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by HamidO1(m): 11:21am On Nov 25, 2010
Defender1:

The Bible says "Two cannot walk together except they agree" Amos 3:3. Join us and lets defend our Nigerian Democracy. We have two choices

Let us do the right thing,

I'll rather you say PDP has two choices as listed above.
Nigeria has a lot of very good choices in RIBADU, FASHOLA and even Utomi. NOTHING GOOD CAN EVER COME FROM PDP, NOT EVEN GEJ
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by badlaw(f): 11:26am On Nov 25, 2010
Nigeria will be great if d power of PDP is been dismantle @ they part primary elect, shocked, that is when Atiku wins and GEJ decamp to another party or Atiku lose and decamp. i 4 see dis happen GBAM. abeg make una pray for dis to happen  ooooooooo u all good nigerians
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by jmoore(m): 11:35am On Nov 25, 2010

Atiku!! I am laughing seriously cos he will fail woefully!
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by phantom23: 11:54am On Nov 25, 2010
Why does SDP sound like 'Southern Democratic Party'
and NRC sounds like 'Northern Republican Congress'
Our politics is just a joke,
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by HamidO1(m): 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2010
jmoore:

Atiku!! I am laughing seriously cos he will fail woefully!

Atiku has more than enough stolen money to throw around, I hope this turns out to be PDP's end. PDP has been there for 11years and the power sector which is the backbone of our economy is getting worse, I really don't know why people think GEJ can be different. Nothing good can ever come from PDP, lets do away with them and elect serious minded people. NO TO ATIKU, NO TO GEJ, NO TO PDP
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by Defender1: 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2010

Nigeria has a lot of very good choices in RIBADU, FASHOLA and even Utomi. NOTHING GOOD CAN EVER COME FROM PDP, NOT EVEN GEJ

He who is faithful in little things will be faithful in bigger things. Atiku has shown that he is the Defender of Democracy. If you say nothing good can ever come from PDP what is your opinion on Atiku's stand for democracy.
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by daroz(m): 12:45pm On Nov 25, 2010
Defender1:

He who is faithful in little things will be faithful in bigger things. Atiku has shown that he is the Defender of Democracy. If you say nothing good can ever come from PDP what is your opinion on Atiku's stand for democracy.

how had atiku showned that he is a defender of democracy? is it by jumping from one party to another becos he must be a president by all means?
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by HamidO1(m): 12:58pm On Nov 25, 2010
daroz:

how had atiku showned that he is a defender of democracy? is it by jumping from one party to another becos he must be a president by all means?

Help me asking him o,
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by HamidO1(m): 1:02pm On Nov 25, 2010
Defender1:

Stand for democracy indeed. Is it the BMW cars used for COJA that Atiku sold or the multimillion dollar school Atiku built with our money I never knew you were serious about this Atiku guy. Atiku is the worst of all the candidates, believe me.
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2010
You guys make me laugh! What are Nuhu Ribadu credentials? That he was used by a Government to fight those who were stubborn to OBJ? What are his experience in governance? Will Jay-Jay Okocha and Kanu Nwankwo be very good president of Nigeria because they played soccer well in their days? Will Pastor Adeboye be a better president because he is a respcted man of God?You guys just talk without knowing that it takes more than one person to rule in a democracy.What can Nuhu Ribadu,Buhari or Gej do if the national assembly set out to frustrate them? As far as I am concerned,there is no way you can compare a man like Ribadu who has not experince what it means to govern a LG with somebody like GEJ.All over the world,President climb the ladder of political offices to be president.They just dont fall from the sky like Ribadu and say they want to be president.The only problem GEJ seems to be having with shallow minded people is because of his humility and the fact that he has not expressed any dictotorial tendencies.People want to see a Dictator in Civilian clothings rule us like OBJ.But this is a new Nigeria and JONATHAN is that face of a new Nigeria,PERIOD!
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by HamidO1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2010
Ozin:

You guys make me laugh! What are Nuhu Ribadu credentials? That he was used by a Government to fight those who were stubborn to OBJ? What are his experience in governance? Will Jay-Jay Okocha and Kanu Nwankwo be very good president of Nigeria because they played soccer well in their days? Will Pastor Adeboye be a better president because he is a respcted man of God?You guys just talk without knowing that it takes more than one person to rule in a democracy.What can Nuhu Ribadu,Buhari or Gej do if the national assembly set out to frustrate them? As far as I am concerned,there is no way you can compare a man like Ribadu who has not experince what it means to govern a LG with somebody like GEJ.All over the world,President climb the ladder of political offices to be president.They just dont fall from the sky like Ribadu and say they want to be president.The only problem GEJ seems to be having with shallow minded people is because of his humility and the fact that he has not expressed any dictotorial tendencies.People want to see a Dictator in Civilian clothings rule us like OBJ.But this is a new Nigeria and JONATHAN is that face of a new Nigeria,PERIOD!

Let me first say you are the shallow minded one here. The national assembly will just set out to frustrate them for no reason right, what are you talking about? Your comparisons are out of point, you don't compare Ribadu who you claimed was used by Obj to Okocha and Kanu because Ribadu was in the political scene and dealt directly with corrupt politician.
Clear your mind of any believe of some form of mysterious cloud covering the office of the president of this country, what experience does GEJ have? In 2003 when he was picked as Late Yar'adua's vice, there were people that have spent years as governor looking for the same post, didn't they have far more experience than GEJ? That's to tell you that it goes beyond experience my brother.
A nation like Nigeria with huge human and natural resources needs sincere people to govern us. Sincerity alone from our leaders will take us places.
We are in November 2010 already and most part of 2009(not even 2010) budget has not been implemented. I really see no reason why you think GEJ is different, our power generation hasn't even increased. GEJ has been given more than enough time to prove his capabilities as a leader of which he hasn't impressed most Nigerians.
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by bisiaet: 2:46pm On Nov 25, 2010
To be honest it would be toohard for PDP to loose the coming election, it is going to be too hard more so it is not going to happen that a person of Atiku of all people will be the one to shove Gej out it can not happen except the so called North in their deprando style do as they use to do they know what am talking about dont want to go too far on that but if that is not the case then not and never a person of Atiku that will defeat Gej far from it, it is a simple fact. Democracy or no democracy, rule of law or no rule of law, free and fair or no free and fair it wont count as such in this case because an incument preisident who still want to carry on as president it's a very serious joke for any one to dream of defeat. The America who claimed to be Mr democracy tried it during AlGore and Bush it never worked so lets just put to rest all this rantings and shouting Gej will lose, Gej will go, Gej may loose is a lie of the devil.
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by Abisimran(m): 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2010
changeing from PDP to any other party is not the solution since is still the same set of people that he will working with.The solution to our problem in nigeria is changeing the people and not the party.Thank u
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by lordvamon(m): 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2010
if jonathan loses. naija will divide
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by babsmii(m): 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2010
as much as i want GEJ to remain on that seat. av a second thought, if he loses the primaries, then we'll have the best of elections cos he'll do anything to make sure every vote counts,
that's what i want! otan
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by sundayogor(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2010
If Goodluck Jonathan lose PDP primaries election, then I, Sunday ogor will contest for presidential pool immediately because i don't want Atiku to rule Nigeria again.
I see no difference between president and vice president. Atiku was a vice president for eight good years but nothing was achieved. anyway, all i know is that Jonathan will not only win primaries but general election!
Re: I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries by Crownvilla(m): 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2010
@ babsmii
@ sundayogor

Mark my words, if Jonathan loses the PDP primaries he will decamp to another party and contest on the platform of that party.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gwarzo’s Suspension: I Cannot Be Blackmailed – Adeosun / Legislative Aides Protest Non-payment Of Salaries And Allowances By NASS / John Idumange: Court Adjourns Trial Of Whistleblower Who Accused Bayelsa Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.