Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Stop These 7 Things Or You'll Forever Be Poor. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop These 7 Things Or You'll Forever Be Poor. (255 Views)

Stop These 7 Things Or You'll Forever Be Poor. / Sexually Transmitted Degrees : 7 Things You Should Know / 7 Things All Parents Should Know Before Enrolling A Child In Nigerian Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop These 7 Things Or You'll Forever Be Poor. by Rockyrascal(m): 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2019
Isn't it amazing how you wake up everyday, strive so hard, hustle and bustle, but you've not changed one bit from how you were year beginning, last year, maybe 3years ago?
There are many factors owing to this though; however, the most reasons live within you yourself.
You run after money everyday, but deep down, you're not making anything. At the end of the day it's still the same old you, no difference. The only thing you've achieved ever since is 'nothing at all'.
In this article, I'll be pointing put 6 likely reasons you're still this poor and if you don't stop, you'll probably be forever poor.
Buckle up, will? We're on to the first one.

#1. Forever Staying in Your Comfort Zone
First of all, let me debunk the normal and common saying that 'you should always leave your comfort zone.'
I don't believe in that mantra for most cases.
Why?
'Cos some comfort zones are what we've spent our whole life working for. Like achieving your goal of becoming a zillionaire or say migrating abroad. Why should you leave those comfort zones? For what? To chase another goal down? Capital NO! It's what you've always wanted, enjoy the zone.
Then want zone am I talking about?
The zones that are unhealthy. The ones that you're comfortable in but are far from what you wanted. The zones your lazy self enjoys but your true and ambitious self detest.
LEAVE THESE KINDS OF ZONES!
Summon all your energy, all your motivation, and leave these zones!
And if you don't? Well, you'll probably never achieve anything in your life and forever be poor! That's not what you want, is it?

#2. Never Believing in Yourself or Your Ideas
I once heard the place that has the highest volume of unused ideas is the grave. Just so many of them. And it's majorly because those people there never believed in their ideas or in themselves to execute those ideas. Too bad.
If Mark Zuckerberg never believed in his idea and himself, we'll never have Facebook and he'll never have been the world's current 5th richest person. If Larry Page and Sergey Brin never believed in themselves, we'll never have had Google and they'll currently not be the 10th and 11th richest people in the world. If Dangote never believed in himself , he'll not be the current richest man in Africa.
What I'm saying in essence is: if you want to increase your chances of ever getting successful, you have to believe in yourself; if you don't, your chances of ever making it are as thin as the cobwebs in your poor house.

#3. Never Learning or Trying to Get Better
The type of people I probably dislike most are those ones that usually say: "that's who I am, I can't change".
It is just so unhealthy and killing to have this kind of mindset.
If you're never ready to get better, you'll get stuck in a place. The worst of places 'cos the whole world will leave you behind and go.
When it comes to getting successful and making some money, you must always be learning — constantly open to new ideas.
The world is moving really really fast. If you lag just by a second, a hand-length, it might be a real problem sticking your head out amongst the so many crowd.
Being ahead of the suffocating crowd is what you should always thrive to be.

#4. Never Trying Out New Things
This is somewhat related to getting stuck in your uncomfortable-comfort zones (read that again if you have to) but it's more business inclined.
A lot of people just get stuck up in their current sucking-as-hell jobs, businesses, start-ups, that they never think of trying out new things.
I know, I very well know it takes time. I know you have to give your business or start-up time to grow. But you see my friend, some business will just never work out for you. You have to leave them and try out better things.
Even a research says only 1 in 10 businesses survive. What if you're going to your 10th start-up before you finally hit it? I don't wish you that much delay, though.
You can start like Thomas Edison who made the bulb 100times (who was counting though) before finally making that stable one. What we both know is he never tried the same thing 100times, he was changing little details before it finally worked out.
Add, remove, reshape your business and see if it would work out. If it does, good. If it doesn't, maybe you just really need to try out a new thing entirely.

#5. Never Ready to Sacrifice Some Money
Unless you're just turning, say 16, and you've never tried out anything yourself, you'll by now have known it takes money to do almost everything — including making money.
If you have the mindset you're not going to spend a note and make it, although quite possible, you're on a long thing. A really long thing.
The money you'll spend might just be considerably low, but you'll still spend money most of the time.
You have to stop being sting to yourself, your idea, or your already established business. Spend wisely though, but always be ready to spend.
Money is one of the best catalysts of any business.

#6. Being Very Lazy
Do I even need to discuss this?
Not really.
Bottom line is: If you're lazy, you'll probably never achieve much. The laziness will always come into play; it'll tie you down; make you lose on opportunities.
If you're the very lazy type, you really need to start working on getting better as from today. Yes, this same today. Else, you might find yourself still using this year's resolution as the next's.

#7. Being Very Poor at Managing Resources
This is the last in this article and it's very serious.
If you don't know how to manage resources, no matter how poor you are, how rich you are, you'll always get poorer. Unless God is just on your side, though.
You believe in God too, right? Good.
By resources I mean money, people, equipments, gadgets, resources itself (how rhetorical!)
If you're bad at managing resources, you really need to learn how to get better at that. Read books, talk to your mentor, take courses, practice, think very well before you put anything to use.
Being bad at managing resources is a disadvantage on your path to real success. Get better at that.

#CopiedPost

(1) (Reply)

OAU Lecture Found Dead In His Office / The Complete History Of Yuri Gagarin / Statement of problem and justification for final year project topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.