Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria (1457 Views)

How Amaechi’s Decision To Run For President May Be A ‘jericho Wall’ To Tinubu / Anambra: Was Locked Up In Toilet, Coerced To Sign Election Papers; INEC Official / How Amaechi Got Buhari To Suspend Hadiza Bala Usman Amid ‘Cold War’ - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by drshrewd: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2019
“I insisted I will only sign the #LagosKanoRail contract only if 3 things are done (by the Chinese)."

1. “Take our children to China and train them in rail tech.”
2. “Build a factory where we can construct coaches/locomotives/wagons.”
3. “Setting up a University of Transportation.”

“Today as I speak, 60 of our children are in their second year [studying rail transportation in China] and we thank CCECC; and 90 are on their way to China this week, making it 150.”

"Today at Kajola that factory is being constructed"

"today we are here for the groundbreaking of the university"

— Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/366157-amaechi.html

Nigeria’s transportation minister, Rotimi Amaechi, has spoken on how he coerced a Chinese construction firm, CCECC, to construct a university for Nigeria in the hometown of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Mr Amaechi spoke Monday during the groundbreaking of the Transportation University in Daura, Katsina State.
Mr Buhari is from Daura.
In his speech at the event, Mr Amaechi said CCECC, a company that has won several multi-billion naira government construction contracts, was initially reluctant to construct the university.
“I engaged the companies, the first engagement was when they were constructing Lagos-Ibadan.
“They were not so keen at spending their funds to build a university for Nigeria, until I refused to sign the contract for the Lagos to Ibadan railway,” the minister said, apparently seeing nothing wrong in his action.
Mr Amaechi’s speech was published by the government-owned News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
The minister then said he only agreed to sign the Lagos to Ibadan railway contract if CCECC met three conditions.
“I insisted that I will only sign if three things were done,” he said.
“The first thing is to take our children to China and train them by giving them first degree in railway technology.
”Today as I speak, 60 of our children are in their second year and we thank CCECC and 90 are on their way to China this week, making it 150.”
PREMIUM TIMES last year reported how Mr Amaechi and other top officials of the Buhari administration commandeered scholarship opportunities offered to ordinary Nigerians. Young Nigerians who had no relationships with influential public officials were eventually excluded from the scholarships.
Mr Amaechi also spoke on the other two conditions he gave to the CCECC.
”The second is that, if we must sign the purchase of locomotives in China, they must build a factory where we can construct for coaches, locomotives and wagon and today at Kajola that factory is being constructed.

”Finally, I insisted on the University of Transportation and today we are here for the groundbreaking of the university and for all we are grateful to CCECC and the Chinese government.”
The minister said he has no regret for his actions including siting the university in Mr Buhari’s hometown.
“When we sited the factory at Kajola, there was no noise, nobody debated about it, nobody abused us for it unlike the site for the university.
”Daura is in Nigeria, it is not in any other part of the world. It is not in Niger Republic, Biafra or Mali, it is in Nigeria. So, what is wrong in siting the University of Transportation in Daura?
”I have no regret siting this university where I have sited it, it is not because I want to get any gain,” Mr Amaechi said.
He also said the university’s land, which is about 413 hectares, was donated by the Katsina government.
In his speech at the event, Governor Aminu Bello Masari of Katsina State said the project will further “boost the efforts of the state in providing sound education and technical skills to indigenes of the state.”
In his speech, President Buhari said he gave his consent to the university “to encourage the development of indigenous capacity which is part of his commitments to Nigerians.”
“The project is part of the ongoing effort of the federal government towards promotion and development of indigenous capacity through technology acquisition and knowledge transfer to effectively maintain and operate numerous railway infrastructure,’’ the president was quoted as saying in a statement by his spokesperson, Garba Shehu.
“When established the university would among other things pave way for (the) domestication of railway engineering and general transportation sciences in Nigeria thereby bridging the technology and skill gap in the railway and ultimately transportation sector.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by sweetonugbu: 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
Chief noise maker. OTIMKPU 1 OF DAURA

2 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2019
“Today as I speak, 60 of our children are in their second year [studying rail transportation in China] and we thank CCECC; and 90 are on their way to China this week, making it 150.”

Shameless people.
60 of our children - when you know very well that you allocated the scholarships among politicians.

#anticorruption.

1 Like

Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by Prompto: 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2019
He sho uld have built it in Aba ba ?
sweetonugbu:
Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by leokid866: 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2019
sweetonugbu:

Please what can you point to that has helped make a difference? But it's easy for you to come out and trash someone who is actually doing something of impact.....please just Pay your Tax and stay in your Lane....
Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by drshrewd: 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Gracealone:

Shameless people.
60 of our children - when you know very well that you shared the number among politicians.

#anticorruption.
grin some people go chop otapiapia today grin
Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by sweetonugbu: 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2019
drshrewd:

grin some people go chop otapiapia today grin
I ignore trolls
Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by helinues: 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2019
Gracealone:

Shameless people.
60 of our children - when you know very well that you shared the number among politicians.

#anticorruption.

It is a pity at the same time a shame that good news do purge some people..
Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by sweetonugbu: 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2019
leokid866:

Please what can you point to that has helped make a difference? But it's easy for you to come out and trash someone who is actually doing something of impact.....please just Pay your Tax and stay in your Lane....

Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by sweetonugbu: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2019
leokid866:

I de cum

1 Like

Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2019
Nonsense man
Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by Racoon(m): 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
The Officials
This newspaper was able to get a peek at the list of the candidates selected for the interview. The government officials who nominated them were listed beside the candidates’ names.

Some of the government officials who made nominations, as seen on the CCECC list, are:
-1).Minister of State for Education (HMS Ed.), Anthony Onwuka;
-2).Minister of Youth and Sports Development (HM Y&SD), Solomon Dalung;
-3).Minister of State for Power, Works and Housing (HMS PWH), Suleiman Hassan;
-4).Jigawa State Governor (Gov. Jigawa), Badaru Abubakar;
-5).Minister of Transportation (HMT), Rotimi Amaechi;
-6).Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development (HM AR&grin); Audu Ogbeh;
-7).Deputy Chief of Staff at the Presidential Villa (DCOS Villa), Ade Ipaye;
-8 ).Minister of State for Aviation (HMS(Av), Hadi Sirika;
-9).Minister of State for Trade and Investment (HMS (T&Inv), Aisha Abubakar;
-10).Minister of Niger Delta Affairs (HM NDA), Usani Usani;
-11).Minister of Communication Technology (HM CT), Adebayo Shittu; and
-12).Minister of Budget and National Planning (HM B&NP), Udo Udoma.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/273714-revealed-full-list-of-public-officials-who-hijacked-ccecc-railway-scholarships.html

And of course,the afore are the beneficiaries of the so called scholarship Rotimi Amaechi forced the Chinese firm to award to "Nigerians."Amaechi as usual of anything APC has lies richly engrained in their DNA.

1 Like

Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by Racoon(m): 1:36pm On Dec 03, 2019
Gracealone:

Shameless people.60 of our children - when you know very well that you allocated the scholarships among politicians.#anticorruption.
You mind the hypocrite.These lots in APC are just shameless.See my mention above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by sigidi3: 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
[s]
helinues:

It is a pity at the same time a shame that good news do purge some people..
[/s]
Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by drshrewd: 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2019
Racoon:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/273714-revealed-full-list-of-public-officials-who-hijacked-ccecc-railway-scholarships.html

And of course,the afore are the Nigerian beneficiaries of the so called scholarship Rotimi Amaechi forced the Chinese firm to award to "Nigerians." Amaechi as usual of anything APC has lies richly engrained in their DNA.

you mean to say that the pips that got the scholarship ain't Nigerians grin
Please stop this nitpicking criticism and rejoice for the little success Nigeria is making for ones my brother
Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by obailala(m): 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2019
Racoon:

And of course,the afore are the beneficiaries of the so called scholarship Rotimi Amaechi forced the Chinese firm to award to "Nigerians."Amaechi as usual of anything APC has lies richly engrained in their DNA.
Amaechi said: ”Today as I speak, 60 of our children are in their second year and we thank CCECC and 90 are on their way to China this week, making it 150.”

Yes Amaechi is a chronic shameless liar; only children from South Sudan, Cameroon and Chad were sent for training in China.

1 Like

Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by itsme01: 3:47pm On Dec 03, 2019
Ameachi showing us video governance, we are seeing his effort clearly
Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2019
drshrewd:
“I insisted I will only sign the #LagosKanoRail contract only if 3 things are done (by the Chinese)."

1. “Take our children to China and train them in rail tech.”
2. “Build a factory where we can construct coaches/locomotives/wagons.”
3. “Setting up a University of Transportation.”

"Today at Kajola that factory is being constructed"

"today we are here for the groundbreaking of the university"

— Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/366157-amaechi.html
When Amaechi talks about scholarship, I remember when he had the opportunity but only gave the slot to the already rich, his colleagues e.t.c

Now, he has sited the university of transportation in the president states of origin eventhough the place is of no immense benefit to the country at large!!!

I refuse to celebrate eye service!

I refuse to celebrate mediocrity

Show us the list of the 150 to be trained and let's see the names of ordinary Nigerians that made it!!!

The rich is only there to enrich the rich!!!
Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by Godons1: 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2019
Good thinking from Amaechi.

God purnish IPOB terrorist and their supporters, who killed two innocent Police Officers yesterday.

Re: How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria by drshrewd: 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2019
[s]
Wiseandtrue:

When Amaechi talks about scholarship, I remember when he had the opportunity but only gave the slot to the already rich, his colleagues e.t.c

Now, he has sited the university of transportation in the president states of origin eventhough the place is of no immense benefit to the country at large!!!

I refuse to celebrate eye service!

I refuse to celebrate mediocrity

Show us the list of the 150 to be trained and let's see the names of ordinary Nigerians that made it!!!

The rich is only there to enrich the rich!!!
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

APC Uncovers Plot By PDP, Powerful Politicians To Overthrow Buhari Presidency Th / Update On Nnamdi kanu Arrival For His parents Burial / New York Post - Islamists In Nigeria Are Destroying Christian Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.