Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Multilinks Modem, What Do U Think. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Multilinks Modem, What Do U Think. (1026 Views)

How To Unlock Multilinks Modem / Unlock Your Mtn, Glo, Etisalat, Airtel And Multilinks Modem Here! / 3g Multilinks Modem(ev-do) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multilinks Modem, What Do U Think. by afrobaby(f): 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2010
A small company is thinking of buying multilinks modem for internet connection, what do u think about it and how much does it go for, any one in the house shud pls help
Re: Multilinks Modem, What Do U Think. by afrobaby(f): 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2010
anybody?
Re: Multilinks Modem, What Do U Think. by webgenius(m): 9:12pm On Nov 24, 2010
Ofcourse I am in the house.Depends on what the company does and how much of online activity it would be undertaking, its location for network coverage, which package would best suit it eg 9-9, or bundled hours, etc.
With some more info, I am sure you will get the best response from the forum.
Brand new modem with 1 hour surf time N6000 from a dealer and N8000 from Head office.
Re: Multilinks Modem, What Do U Think. by unclesamtech(m): 5:18am On Nov 25, 2010
Better
Re: Multilinks Modem, What Do U Think. by afrobaby(f): 9:37am On Nov 25, 2010
The company use less than 10 computers, would prefer the 24hr plan and requires internet for connectivity and activation of its products for its customers, I heard their is one that is sold for #47500, how true is it?
Re: Multilinks Modem, What Do U Think. by webgenius(m): 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2010
If you need a 24 hour plan,it would cost you about N10000/month on Multilink and this has a limit of about 6Gig per month.Zoom(Reltel) has a broadband service where you pay N15000 per month for unlimited use, Starcomms has same at N15950/month. But do you really need a 24 hour service? Besides, whichever network you choose, you will need some back-up in the event that your preferred network experiences some downtime, which is often the case with all of them.
Should you prefer the option of busy hours, Zoom has an 8-8pm package, Starcomms has a 9-9 package
The device you spoke of from Multilinks is a router, I do not know the make or the properties but I think you can get a decent switch or router for much less at Ikeja and this should serve your < 10 PCs.
Re: Multilinks Modem, What Do U Think. by Fogman(m): 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2010
Poster, dont go near Zoom internet at all! Its speed is slower than tortoise. Stick to Multilink, the blue band is very very fast. My candid advice.
Re: Multilinks Modem, What Do U Think. by webgenius(m): 2:16pm On Nov 26, 2010
@Fogman: You may want to know that I am currently using Zoom 1X to browse as I have been doing for about 6 months. Before then I was using Zoomblast( the broadband service) for about one and half years. The problem with your browsing may not be the network,it could be your system, your location etc. Anyhow all the networks do have issues now and again,with none being exempt from these. 
I have also used MTN, Starcomms broadband, Multilinks 1X and now also have Multilinks broadband.
At the end of the day I guess one chooses what best suits him.
For me right now I am using Zoom 1x, and Multilinks broadband and my monthly expenditure is an average of N8300

(1) (Reply)

Get 5000 active emails of Nigerians here FREE to put in your autoresponder! / Hurry:great Deals On Blackberry Torch, Iphone 4 Laptops And External Storage / Can Some Body Help Me Window 7 Activation Key?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.