Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) (59549 Views)

Uniport Final Year Student Drowns While Hanging Out With Girlfriend / Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos / Zimbabwean Baby Falls Into A Pit & Drowns While Mother Enjoys Sex With Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Autotech312(m): 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2019
Lie from hell... If truly he drowned he would have swollen. The same way a colleague was killed in lekki by some knuckle head thrown inside river and later claimed he drowned.

Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Karmaisme(m): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
R.I.P to that young man.
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Charly68: 5:38pm On Dec 05, 2019
We shall die by mistake in Jesus name
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by bdsm: 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

The deepest river in world is the congo river with depths reaching 720 ft and and second deepest is the Yangtze of China ..
River Ethiope that drowned the guy is the deepest inland river in the world

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Maestroedem001: 5:53pm On Dec 05, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
Anybody can get drown in a river whether u kno how to swim or not. But d difference between who knows how to swim nd who doesn't know is that d chances of who knows how to swim 2 get drown is low. Many thing can lead 2 someone gettin drown in a river, it may be sudden tiredness that may weaken him to swim, sudden over flow of d river nd off course marine attack. Marine attack happens when d water spirit is angry, hungry or upset. In most cases it's better to swim in a river that is in ur village/community cos most river don't drown an indigene of d place they are, eg Otalu river in Ekwulobia doesn't drown someone from Ula, Sango River does same even Ekosodin River doesn't drown an Ekosodin indigene. In some place in bayelsa when a child is born nd d paternity of d baby is in question, if they want to ascertain if d child father is 4rm their place or a non indegene d baby is put in a river nd if d river doesnt drown it they will that d baby is their own. Rip man
As a good swimmer I can swim with either my hands or legs alone or use both synchronized so that when ever muscle pull should affect any part of my limbs I just adjust and swim to safety
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by dayorich: 6:13pm On Dec 05, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
Anybody can get drown in a river whether u kno how to swim or not. But d difference between who knows how to swim nd who doesn't know is that d chances of who knows how to swim 2 get drown is low. Many thing can lead 2 someone gettin drown in a river, it may be sudden tiredness that may weaken him to swim, sudden over flow of d river nd off course marine attack. Marine attack happens when d water spirit is angry, hungry or upset. In most cases it's better to swim in a river that is in ur village/community cos most river don't drown an indigene of d place they are, eg Otalu river in Ekwulobia doesn't drown someone from Ula, Sango River does same even Ekosodin River doesn't drown an Ekosodin indigene. In some place in bayelsa when a child is born nd d paternity of d baby is in question, if they want to ascertain if d child father is 4rm their place or a non indegene d baby is put in a river nd if d river doesnt drown it they will that d baby is their own. Rip man

How can someone whose parents spent money and sent to school still think haphazardly in this present age and generation. What a shame?
Let the so-called indigines of your village tie stone on their necks and let us see if your programmable marine spirits will not swallow them.
By the way, on your? child's paternity, what if it was your fellow village-man that impregnated your wife, so will your programmable spirits not be able to execute another demonic software to detect intra-village cross-breeding? Police should come and arrest all of you for attempted murder of innocent children...

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by OgaBuhari: 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
stop believing NONSENSE.
there is nothing like water or marine spirit.
they're all fairytales.

by the way why u no blame buhari as usual
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by iykeklef(m): 6:41pm On Dec 05, 2019
keep on doubtin THOMAS.. go to the river like 1am or 12.. fear will grip u into shock
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by zoedew: 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
That blackish looking Ethiope River do me wan kind each time I drive over it inward Sapele! Blackish!
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by zoedew: 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2019
bdsm:
River Ethiope that drowned the guy is the deepest inland river in the world

I should think sooooo. Very blackish looking body of water? But it’s the Congo River at about 720 ft
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2019
This story remains me the day I almost drown in one of the river in bayelsa state. I'm not a good swimmer but I plunged into the river... I later rescue myself after some minutes that some of the people around tot that I have gone.
From that day, I don't dare any water that want me to swim in it.

I give God I the glory.
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by PrincessGift(f): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ijaya123:
What a tragedy. May his souls rest in peace.

When I think of the reckless and dangerous life I've lived right from being a kid through adulthood, swimming in rivers like the victim here, consuming different hard stuffs just to feel among, driving severally on Lagos-Ibadan-Ife road at an average speed of 180km/h, unprotected sex with too numerous ladies which i have even lost count amongst other vices, despite all these, I'm still alive, healthy and fit as a fiddle, I believe God has some special love for me.

God I thank for the gift of life and sound health. May your name forever be glorified.

Go and sin no more grin
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Sunnyobums: 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
Brighte:
River Ethiope.

During my university days I really enjoyed swimming in it.

But a day came that the river wanted to take me. We were doing swimming competitions to hit at a certain spot and climb on a tree inside the river when the unexpected happened.

The thought which was running in my mind at the time of drowning was.. What will I tell my parents? Then and another one came if only you will be alive to tell them.

Deep inside my mind I said I can't die this way. The next thing I did was to focus on the side my legs would be able to touch the grand and i ceased my breath for the last time and I head straight towards the bank of the river. Before I could open my eyes I saw myself standing at the edge.

I looked back and asked those my friends why didn't they come to rescue me while I was calling for help at first.

Their response was. Is difficult do save a drowning man that I may end up dragging them along.

I shook my head and said to myself this life is really OYO. On your own.

But I killed that fear and still went back to swim the following week.

It was so sudden because I saw what made me to fear deep inside the river and that was how i saw myself going down.

Rest in peace young man.

No be by who swim pass. Death can come knocking at any time. But I just can't now.
Even when my enemies comes in the night to fight me. I tell them I can't go this way.

But at the end death Awaits every man. God your mercies are my life line here on earth.
I'm not doubting your story, I want to know what you saw in that river that got you drowning, that part really got me curious.
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Ijaya123: 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2019
PrincessGift:

Go and sin no more grin

I sin everyday. That’s the honest truth.
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by AlphaStyles(m): 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2019
U no Sabi swim na river u see to go learn? RIP sha
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by DonBenny77(m): 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
Me I no dey near water whether river or pool because water no dey understand English.
My guys dey mock me say Rivers man wey no sabi swim.
I gree grin
Death by drowning in a painful one.
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by officialfestus(m): 8:17pm On Dec 05, 2019
Rip to him
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Ndipe(m): 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
May his soul rest in peace.

Bola146:
Na by force? when you don't know how to swim, don't come close to any River or water sad
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by stunning4real: 8:29pm On Dec 05, 2019
Iku omi lo ma npa omuwe

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Whenever you feel yourself drowning, simply let go, don't fuss.. You'll simply float.
Babe shocked shocked shocked Why na? undecided
Na death be that!! angry angry
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Albert0011(m): 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2019
CapitalHYC:
So many myths surrounding river Ethiope.. It's known to be one of the deepest rivers in the world but it's clear surface would decieve you to want to have a swim.. People should stay safe
I dey tell u bro...the river passed through my community in Delta state,it is reputed to be the deepest and cleanest in land water way in Africa.
But me i sabi swim for this river well well o.
I started swimming in that river as early as i can remember and there are so many myths surrounding the river.

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by CapitalHYC(m): 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2019
Albert0011:
I dey tell u bro...the river passed through my community in Delta state,it is reputed to be the deepest and cleanest in land water way in Africa.
But me i sabi swim for this river well well o.
I started swimming in that river as early as i can remember and there are so many myths surrounding the river.

No lies Broh... I heard it cuts across 4 different local governments in Delta State before joining Sapele River
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Albert0011(m): 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2019
CapitalHYC:

No lies Broh... I heard it cuts across 4 different local governments in Delta State before joining Sapele River
U re point..i always advice non indigenes to stay clear of the river especially during festive periods.
2 people has died so far and both of them are non indigenes

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2019
Sunnyobums:

I'm not doubting your story, I want to know what you saw in that river that got you drowning, that part really got me curious.

I saw a deep pit inside the river very dark and wide of which my spirit ran out of me. So, due to the shock, fear gripped me and I started drowning at that same spot. it was as if the deep pit inside the river was calling me. Immediately I got myself I heard straight to the bank of the river without looking back.

2 Likes

Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Butoneday2(m): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
zoba88:
Report at our disposal has it that a young man identified as Aletor Elebobo (Mr Daniel) few hours ago drowned at the popular Ethiop River in Delta.

The Delta State Police Command, Sapele Division few hours ago, confirmed the death of the young man who drowned (Sapele Bank) in the river.The corpse  of the deceased has been retrieved and deposited at a morgue.Police spokesman said....

“We learnt  went to the river to swim and got drowned. He added that full investigations had begun into the circumstances behind the incident".

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2019/12/young-man-drown-in-sapele-river.html?m=1

Sapele water abi na ara nwanyi asaba he go suck
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by doggedfighter(f): 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
You were making sense until fairytale started
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by TheManOfTheYear: 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
You just said it all.
Well said.
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by TheManOfTheYear: 10:18pm On Dec 05, 2019
If you're a non indigene, stay clear of any river in a village/community.

These water gods have covenant with the indigenes through blood sacrifices made by their forefathers.
So why would you who came from outside expect to be covered?

This life is beyond what we see, there's more to life.
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2019
Bola146:
Na by force? when you don't know how to swim, don't come close to any River or water sad
Where have you been pls
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by Sunnyobums: 2:53am On Dec 06, 2019
Brighte:

I saw a deep pit inside the river very dark and wide of which my spirit ran out of me. So, due to the shock, fear gripped me and I started drowning at that same spot. it was as if the deep pit inside the river was calling me. Immediately I got myself I heard straight to the bank of the river without looking back.
Oh boy, the way you described that pit just painted a dark picture in my mind, even the best swimmer would lose his or her composure seeing such.
Re: Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) by colyx1(m): 5:03am On Dec 06, 2019
This same Ethiope river that almost drown me in 100L that year in Delsu. After that experience eh, I see river I run. Life na brain brain!!!

I also noticed that this river kills at least one student every year during my undergraduate days....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Dragged Into A Lagos Swamp To Be Raped, Rescued - Photos / Two Ladies Gang-Raped And Killed In Kumasi, Ghana (Graphic photos) / Sarah Death: Mat Ice, Auchi Shut Down In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.