Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Kamala Harris Ends 2020 Presidential Campaign - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kamala Harris Ends 2020 Presidential Campaign (208 Views)

Kamala Harris Becomes First Woman V.P In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kamala Harris Ends 2020 Presidential Campaign by yanga24(m): 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2019
Sen. Kamala Harris ended her 2020 presidential campaign on Tuesday, an abrupt departure for a candidate who was once seen as a leading contender for the Democratic nomination.

The California Democrat told her senior staff of the decision Tuesday morning, and later sent an email to supporters and released a video on Twitter.
“To you my supporters, my dear supporters, it is with deep regret — but also with deep gratitude — that I am suspending our campaign today,” Harris said in the video.
“But I want to be clear with you: I am still very much in this fight,” Harris continued. “And I will keep fighting every day for what this campaign has been about. Justice for the people. All the people.”
Harris’ exit from the race is a precipitous fall for a candidate who launched her campaign to high expectations. The senator has struggled for months to move her low poll numbers and said Tuesday that financial pressures led her to end her bid. The lack of support and money led to internal squabbling in the closing months of the campaign, campaign sources told CNN, all of which contributed to her inability to stay in the race.
https://examprestige.com/kamala-harris-presidential-campaign

Re: Kamala Harris Ends 2020 Presidential Campaign by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 03, 2019
She is better off as a senator which she already is and may becoming the next AG of the US if a Democrat ends up wining the next presidential elections.

(1) (Reply)

We Need A United States Of Africa Rather Than A Closer African Union / Africa Asia Pacific Economic Conference 2020 Sydney Australia / Alibaba On Digital Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.