Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Loss Of Appetite In Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Loss Of Appetite In Dog (970 Views)

Remedy For Eye Bleeding In Dog / Evans Boma - Loss Of Appetite In Dogs / evans Boma - Loss Of Appetite In Dogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loss Of Appetite In Dog by Lonelypacifist6: 7:03am On Dec 04, 2019
Hello petlanders, I've this Dog that doesn't eat as a dog should sometimes she wastes the food I've asked to be given to her, Note this is traditional pet food or cooked human food, If I'm around I've to hand feed her myself, She goes Days without eating sometimes. I'm afraid now because I'll be traveling and I won't be there to do the feeding it she doesn't eat, is there anything I can use to boost her appetite?

Trying to post pictures it not working wtf is wrong with Nairaland
Re: Loss Of Appetite In Dog by TrixieC: 9:51am On Dec 04, 2019
Hello there. You didn't tell how old is your dog and what is her breed. From my experience, cooked human food sometimes is not suitable for dogs, for example, bread and beans. Also you need to give food to your pet twice per day, in the morning and in the evening. But you shouldn't just leave the bowl filled with food once, it should be cleaned before every meal. Anyway, you should take your dog to a vet, which should tell you what's wrong and suggest a proper diet. If your dog is old and sheds too much then I would recommend checking this article https://doggolab.com/best-food-for-dog-shedding which might help you too.
Re: Loss Of Appetite In Dog by IamAnderson(m): 10:41am On Dec 04, 2019
TrixieC:
Hello there. You didn't tell how old is your dog and what is her breed. From my experience, cooked human food sometimes is not suitable for dogs, for example, bread and beans. Also you need to give food to your pet twice per day, in the morning and in the evening. But you shouldn't just leave the bowl filled with food once, it should be cleaned before every meal. Anyway, you should take your dog to a vet, which should tell you what's wrong and suggest a proper diet. If your dog is old and sheds too much then I would recommend checking this article https://doggolab.com/best-food-for-dog-shedding which might help you too.
you wrote this whole paragraph without even answering his question or giving him suggestions lol
Re: Loss Of Appetite In Dog by IamAnderson(m): 10:46am On Dec 04, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
Hello petlanders, I've this Dog that doesn't eat as a dog should sometimes she wastes the food I've asked to be given to her, Note this is traditional pet food or cooked human food, If I'm around I've to hand feed her myself, She goes Days without eating sometimes. I'm afraid now because I'll be traveling and I won't be there to do the feeding it she doesn't eat, is there anything I can use to boost her appetite?

you shouldn't just feed dogs dry food like that, most dogs won't eat it except you add some things to it.
even if it's human food, try to find out what she likes e.g meat, fish or egg and mix it with the food
you can even add dog wet canned food to the mix to make her eat it.
also make sure you deworm your dog regularly, one of the major causes of loss of appetite in puppies is worm infestation
Re: Loss Of Appetite In Dog by Lonelypacifist6: 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
IamAnderson:

you shouldn't just feed dogs dry food like that, most dogs won't eat it except you add some things to it.
even if it's human food, try to find out what she likes e.g meat, fish or egg and mix it with the food
you can even add dog wet canned food to the mix to make her eat it.
also make sure you deworm your dog regularly, one of the major causes of loss of appetite in puppies is worm infestation
Sure I do This but she just won't eat, I'll deworme her too, she's not a puppy ooo she's a full grown neighborhood terrorising Dog.
Re: Loss Of Appetite In Dog by IamAnderson(m): 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
Sure I do This but she just won't eat, I'll deworme her too.
deworm Ber first and watch her, if it doesn't stop then see a vet
Re: Loss Of Appetite In Dog by agboedeh: 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:

What type of food in particular do u feed her with
Re: Loss Of Appetite In Dog by Lonelypacifist6: 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2019
agboedeh:
What type of food in particular do u feed her with
pet food Alpo, JoJo, Dallas Cooked food Rice mixed with Egg or fish, Boiled chicken, Noodles mixed with egg or chicken Moimoi "Not regular"
Re: Loss Of Appetite In Dog by agboedeh: 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
pet food Alpo, JoJo, Dallas Cooked food Rice mixed with Egg or fish, Boiled chicken, Noodles mixed with egg or chicken Moimoi "Not regular"
Her diet is fantastic.There must be something wrong somewhere. How long have u had her? and has she been picky since day one? Try giving multivitamins after u conclude the deworming. Do not give the multivitamins and deworm pills at the same time.If nothing changes, go see a professional vet not these fake ones.
Re: Loss Of Appetite In Dog by Lonelypacifist6: 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2019
agboedeh:
Her diet is fantastic.There must be something wrong somewhere. How long have u had her? and has she been picky since day one? Try giving multivitamins after u conclude the deworming. Do not give the multivitamins and deworm pills at the same time.If nothing changes, go see a professional vet not these fake ones.
She'll be 13 months, No ooo she just changed it'll try deworming first.
Re: Loss Of Appetite In Dog by IamAnderson(m): 10:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
She'll be 13 months, No ooo she just changed it'll try deworming first.
13months?
I even thought you were talking about a puppy, go and see a vet asap something could be wrong with her.
Re: Loss Of Appetite In Dog by Lonelypacifist6: 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2019
IamAnderson:

13months?
I even thought you were talking about a puppy, go and see a vet asap something could be wrong with her.
Yeah I called a vet this morning he's coming Tomorrow.
Re: Loss Of Appetite In Dog by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
Hello petlanders, I've this Dog that doesn't eat as a dog because i Bleep her daily, what can i do to make her eat daily even after having sex with my dog.

(1) (Reply)

A / My Boy @5months / German Shepherd Puppies Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.