Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia - Education (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (318530 Views)

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by treelineinnovat: 11:58am On Jul 05, 2020
EdoBoy90:
With the way things are now, PTDF scholarshio next year.
Brah please type properly
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
EdoBoy90:
With the way things are now, PTDF scholarshio next year.
They should give us update by next week. To avoid unnecessary speculations.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
EdoBoy90:
With the way things are now, PTDF scholarship is next year.
As far as I know. The result for the interview I attended at the University of Ibadan on 20th of March 2020 WILL NOT be delayed till next year. It WILL be released and utilised for 2020/2021 session.

3 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by treelineinnovat: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
29Ade07:

As far as I know. The result for the interview I attended at the University of Ibadan on 20th of March 2020 WILL NOT be delayed till next year. It WILL be released and utilised for 2020/2021 session.
If you know something plz tell us o
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by EdoBoy90(m): 6:32am On Jul 06, 2020
29Ade07:

it seems you don't know a lot about what is going on in the world right now.

what I meant is that many will not meet up for admission due to the pandemic. we will secure the scholarship but some will start next year due the pandemic.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 9:31am On Jul 06, 2020
"The suspension affects the second week of the interview scheduled to review shortlisted PhD applicants in four centers of Abuja, Kaduna, PH and Ibadan"

~ Culled from PTDF's March 20 publication.

In my understanding, this suspension does not in anyway affect Msc candidates. Besides, the induction isn't done together.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by visol: 10:31am On Jul 06, 2020
please do i have to personally apply for Admission to the Institutions i selected in the PTDF process, or will PTDF take care of that?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Gaspet: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2020
visol:
please do i have to personally apply for Admission to the Institutions i selected in the PTDF process, or will PTDF take care of that?

You have to apply to the schools separately
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by FatimaMK: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
I think Msc applicants are also affected by the suspension. Because their interview results could have been out if they are not affected.
emeritus007:
"The suspension affects the second week of the interview scheduled to review shortlisted PhD applicants in four centers of Abuja, Kaduna, PH and Ibadan"

~ Culled from PTDF's March 20 publication.

In my understanding, this suspension does not in anyway affect Msc candidates. Besides, the induction isn't done together.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
EdoBoy90:

it seems you don't know a lot about what is going on in the world right now.

what I meant is that many will not meet up for admission due to the pandemic. we will secure the scholarship but some will start next year due the pandemic.
Okayoo. Bro Edoboy.
However, why should any scholar wait for the result before seeking admission given the various contributions from past and present scholars on this thread?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
FatimaMK:
I think Msc applicants are also affected by the suspension. Because their interview results could have been out if they are not affected.
Your point is strong.

For those who may want to calculate their chances, my observations during the interview has led me to this template (my observation);

1. Class of degree = 30marks.
first-class =30, 2'1 =24, 2'2 =18 etc

2. English, Math + best 3 Olevel grades = 30marks
A1=6marks, B2=5marks, B3=4marks etc

3. SOP + your oral Presentation = 25marks

4. Max 5 professional memberships = 10marks
each membership carries 2mrks....

5. Publications = 5marks
each pub = 1mark, I can't say for high impact factor pubs like Elsevier, Springer, Taylor etc

Total.............. = 100marks
NB: This is my observation!

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by FatimaMK: 4:06pm On Jul 06, 2020
High impact journal alone is 5Mrks. If you have any of Elsevier, Springer, Taylor, etc, you earned your five points intact.
emeritus007:

Your point is strong.

For those who may want to calculate their chances, my observations during the interview has led me to this template (my observation);

first-class =30, 2'1 =24 etc

5. Publications = 5marks
each pub = 1mark, I can't say for high impact factor pubs like Elsevier, Springer, Taylor etc

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
FatimaMK:
High impact journal alone is 5Mrks. If you have any of Elsevier, Springer, Taylor, etc, you earned your five points intact.
Ohhh sounds nice. The whole 5mrks is well deserving for Elsevier etc.
Mine isn't in that category sha grin
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ExpertNLer: 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
I remember seeing the marking sheet but didn't want to take a photo for confidentiality reasons but it isn't far from this. In fact this is an accurate representation
emeritus007:

Your point is strong.

first-class =30, 2'1 =24 etc

5. Publications = 5marks

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kanuchibuezeo: 12:15am On Jul 07, 2020
Is today the release date? Another Tuesday!
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by a4olabisamuel: 8:34am On Jul 07, 2020
emeritus007:

Your point is strong.

first-class =30, 2'1 =24, 2'2 =18 etc

5. Publications = 5marks

Well i feel PHD criteria might be a little different considering two degrees involved (Bsc n Msc)�
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 8:48am On Jul 07, 2020
a4olabisamuel:

Well i feel PHD criteria might be a little different considering two degrees involved (Bsc n Msc)�
Of course!
Alot of difference, Degrees and Olevel will carry lesser marks. Aims/obj of research proposal will carry marks, literature review etc will be considered.
So PhD guys are always drilled harder.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Nzkf: 9:33am On Jul 07, 2020
Kolladey oooo come and say something please
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kanuchibuezeo: 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2020
...7th of July! No press release. Wait for 14th. They always make publications about awards on Tuesdays.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Clinton12345: 9:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
kanuchibuezeo:
...7th of July! No press release. Wait for 14th. They always make publications about awards on Tuesdays.

Lol the way you make your deduction is funny.

3 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Newcastle2023(m): 8:56am On Jul 08, 2020
kanuchibuezeo:

It was Tuesday for both 2018 and 2019 OSS Awardees, but was Thursday for the 2017 Awardees. It could be any day especially now that we're in a new normal.

Hope we hear from them before next week ends.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Vecharry(m): 7:40am On Jul 10, 2020
This silence is too much. LET'S BOMBARD THEIR PAGE WITH TWEETS

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Jibboy1: 10:44am On Jul 10, 2020
https://punchng.com/covid-19-visa-applications-to-resume-soon-in-nigeria-says-uk/

COVID-19: Visa applications to resume soon in Nigeria, says UK
The British High Commission in Nigeria says it will soon begin to receive visa applications from Nigerians willing to travel to the United Kingdom.
The Commission noted that Nigerians hoping to visit the UK could do so once international flights resume in Nigeria.
The Federal Government had in March shut the country’s airspace to domestic and international flights as part of measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
However, with the resumption of domestic flights on Wednesday, Nigerians are in high spirits, expecting the government to okay the restart of international flights.
In a statement on Thursday, the British High Commission in Abuja said visa application centres which were initially suspended due to the pandemic would reopen “when it is safe to do”.
The statement read, “We know there are many Nigerian nationals hoping to travel to the UK when flights resume, both for employment and to see family members.
“UKVI are working closely with TSL contact, our commercial partner, to reopen visa application centres that were suspended due to COVID-19.
“UK visa application centres are reopening in phased manner globally when it is safe to do so and when we can operate an effective service.
“TSL contact are putting appropriate measures in place and working hard to reopen in Nigeria. We will share details of when VACs will reopen soon.”
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by beechtreeenergy: 10:47am On Jul 10, 2020
Beechtree Energy, LLC. is an independent energy consulting firm that is locally owned and operated.With over 10 years of experience in the home performance trade, we offer services in HVAC Design, Manual J and Manual D reports as well as Duct Leakage testing and Blower Door Services.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kanuchibuezeo: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
...Have they forgotten the program? Please someone should remind them to update us.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
kanuchibuezeo:
...Have they forgotten the program? Please someone should remind them to update us.
Lol
Bro, it is what it is.
I'm more afraid for PhD candidates.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kanuchibuezeo: 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2020
PhD has no deadline for application. MSc does
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2020
kanuchibuezeo:
PhD has no deadline for application. MSc does
everyone should have applied for admission by now.
I'm referring to interview for PhD applicants.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kanuchibuezeo: 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2020
So what of those that have not applied yet?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
kanuchibuezeo:
So what of those that have not applied yet?
Ask previous scholars, they'll tell you everything.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by hopeful2018: 8:59am On Jul 12, 2020
emeritus007:

You think PTDF cares? Ask previous scholars, they'll tell you everything.
I once said PTDF is irresponsible, someone here argued it.
For PTDF scholarship, just get the award. Pray your name appears when they release their list. That's all. Everything is possible. It is highly flexible.
A question now: is it possible or is there any info that they will conclude the process for this year 2020? Thanks emeritus...
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 9:30am On Jul 12, 2020
hopeful2018:

For PTDF scholarship, just get the award. Pray your name appears when they release their list. That's all. Everything is possible. It is highly flexible.
A question now: is it possible or is there any info that they will conclude the process for this year 2020? Thanks emeritus...
We pray for the best, my brother.
No info honestly and that's the most annoying part.
Let's see what happens as from Monday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (98) (Reply)

University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Thread For PHD Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.