Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

We Gossiped About President Trump, But We Didn’t Mention His Name – Canadian PM - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / We Gossiped About President Trump, But We Didn’t Mention His Name – Canadian PM (514 Views)

Canadian PM Trudeau High On Cocaine, Plane Loaded With Drugs - Vohra / Tinubu And Canadian PM Trudeau Discuss Gabon Coup On Phone / US House Passes 25th Amendment Resolution To Remove Trump, But Pence Refuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Gossiped About President Trump, But We Didn’t Mention His Name – Canadian PM by Editorialtimes: 7:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
Editorial Times | Lagos

Canada's Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, admitted Wednesday that he and other world leaders were talking about the US President when they were caught on camera at a Buckingham Palace event the night before.

The video shows British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, French President Emmanuel Macron, Trudeau and Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte gossiping about the American President's behaviour.

"We didn't mention his name" - Justin Trudeau said.

"Last night I made reference to the fact that there was an unscheduled press conference before my meeting with President Trump. I was happy to be part of it but it was certainly notable," Trudeau said during a Wednesday press conference.

The Canadian Prime Minister indicated that he wasn't concerned about his comments impacting the US-Canadian relationship, but Trump reacted angrily earlier Wednesday calling Trudeau "two-faced," before adding, "honestly with Trudeau, he's a nice guy."

Trump also canceled his own press conference scheduled for the end of his trip to the NATO summit. The President was caught on a hot mic of his own after the cancellation, saying, "Oh, and then you know what they'll say. 'He didn't do a press conference. He didn't do a press conference.' That was funny when I said the guy's two-faced, you know that."
The 25-second clip was first reported by CBC, begins with Johnson asking Macron why he was late.

"Is that why you were late?" Johnson asked.
Macron nodded, as Trudeau replied, "He was late because he takes a ... 40-minute press conference at the top."

At no time in the video do the leaders mention Trump by name.
None of them seemed to be aware that the conversation was being recorded, although they were talking openly and loudly enough to be heard by others.
"You just watched his team's jaws drop to the floor," Trudeau also appears to say at one point. Trudeau said during his press conference that the comment was made in reference to Trump's announcement during their bilateral meeting that the upcoming G7 summit will be hosted at Camp David.

"Every different leader has teams who now and then (had) jaws drop at unscheduled surprises, like that video for itself, for example," Trudeau said.
Johnson at a press conference said it was "nonsense" to suggest the video indicated he didn't take Trump seriously.
"I don't know where that's come from," he added.
Microphones could only pick up snippets of the conversation at the reception, which the press was given limited access to.
Trump also criticized Trudeau over the fact Canada does not currently meet NATO's 2% defense spending target.
"The truth is I called him out on the fact that he's not paying 2% and I guess he's not very happy about it," Trump said, adding that "he should be paying 2%" and that Canada "has money."

"I can imagine he's not that happy, but that's the way it is," Trump said.
A spokeswoman for Macron at the Elysée Palace told CNN they had "no comment. This video does not say anything special." A spokesperson for Rutte also told CNN they do not comment on closed-door sessions.
Clash with Macron
Trump spent Tuesday in meetings in London headlined by a clash with a key ally, France. He met with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, Macron and Trudeau, making extended remarks and taking questions from the press on each occasion.
Trump's one-on-one meeting with Macron was remarkably tense as the French President refused to back down from remarks that Trump called "nasty" and "insulting." Last month, Macron had described NATO as suffering from "brain death" caused by American indifference to the long-time alliance.

But the two leaders appeared to be on good terms as they walked onto the road leading to 10 Downing Street together for another reception following the gathering at the palace. It appeared that Trump had given Macron a lift in his motorcade vehicle commonly referred to as "the beast."

http://www.editorialtimes.com/we-were-gossiping-about-president-trump-but-we-didnt-mention-his-name-canadian-pm/

1 Like

Re: We Gossiped About President Trump, But We Didn’t Mention His Name – Canadian PM by Aminobrown(m): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
If nobody talks abt u, den u are nobody. Dis shudn't b taken seriously, because @ sum point in our lives, we all av talked abt sum1
Re: We Gossiped About President Trump, But We Didn’t Mention His Name – Canadian PM by orisa37: 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
Editorialtimes:
Editorial Times | Lagos

Canada's Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, admitted Wednesday that he and other world leaders were talking about the US President when they were caught on camera at a Buckingham Palace event the night before.

The video shows British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, French President Emmanuel Macron, Trudeau and Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte gossiping about the American President's behaviour.

"We didn't mention his name" - Justin Trudeau said.

"Last night I made reference to the fact that there was an unscheduled press conference before my meeting with President Trump. I was happy to be part of it but it was certainly notable," Trudeau said during a Wednesday press conference.

The Canadian Prime Minister indicated that he wasn't concerned about his comments impacting the US-Canadian relationship, but Trump reacted angrily earlier Wednesday calling Trudeau "two-faced," before adding, "honestly with Trudeau, he's a nice guy."

Trump also canceled his own press conference scheduled for the end of his trip to the NATO summit. The President was caught on a hot mic of his own after the cancellation, saying, "Oh, and then you know what they'll say. 'He didn't do a press conference. He didn't do a press conference.' That was funny when I said the guy's two-faced, you know that."
The 25-second clip was first reported by CBC, begins with Johnson asking Macron why he was late.

"Is that why you were late?" Johnson asked.
Macron nodded, as Trudeau replied, "He was late because he takes a ... 40-minute press conference at the top."

At no time in the video do the leaders mention Trump by name.
None of them seemed to be aware that the conversation was being recorded, although they were talking openly and loudly enough to be heard by others.
"You just watched his team's jaws drop to the floor," Trudeau also appears to say at one point. Trudeau said during his press conference that the comment was made in reference to Trump's announcement during their bilateral meeting that the upcoming G7 summit will be hosted at Camp David.

"Every different leader has teams who now and then (had) jaws drop at unscheduled surprises, like that video for itself, for example," Trudeau said.
Johnson at a press conference said it was "nonsense" to suggest the video indicated he didn't take Trump seriously.
"I don't know where that's come from," he added.
Microphones could only pick up snippets of the conversation at the reception, which the press was given limited access to.
Trump also criticized Trudeau over the fact Canada does not currently meet NATO's 2% defense spending target.
"The truth is I called him out on the fact that he's not paying 2% and I guess he's not very happy about it," Trump said, adding that "he should be paying 2%" and that Canada "has money."

"I can imagine he's not that happy, but that's the way it is," Trump said.
A spokeswoman for Macron at the Elysée Palace told CNN they had "no comment. This video does not say anything special." A spokesperson for Rutte also told CNN they do not comment on closed-door sessions.
Clash with Macron
Trump spent Tuesday in meetings in London headlined by a clash with a key ally, France. He met with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, Macron and Trudeau, making extended remarks and taking questions from the press on each occasion.
Trump's one-on-one meeting with Macron was remarkably tense as the French President refused to back down from remarks that Trump called "nasty" and "insulting." Last month, Macron had described NATO as suffering from "brain death" caused by American indifference to the long-time alliance.

But the two leaders appeared to be on good terms as they walked onto the road leading to 10 Downing Street together for another reception following the gathering at the palace. It appeared that Trump had given Macron a lift in his motorcade vehicle commonly referred to as "the beast."

http://www.editorialtimes.com/we-were-gossiping-about-president-trump-but-we-didnt-mention-his-name-canadian-pm/

Trump's LIFELY. Politics is Biz as usual.
Re: We Gossiped About President Trump, But We Didn’t Mention His Name – Canadian PM by GreetMe(m): 10:41pm On Dec 04, 2019
They don't fear the USA again because of how uncouth Trump is
Re: We Gossiped About President Trump, But We Didn’t Mention His Name – Canadian PM by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 05, 2019
GreetMe:
They don't fear the USA again because of how uncouth Trump is

Trump is a foolish, Pvssy-Grabbing i-mbecile.

Why should any NATO member-state contribute 2% of their GDP annually to buy overrated, overpriced & useless Military Hardwares from Amerika (e.g The Saudi's Patriot Defence System that couldn't intercept the Houthi's drones and The Israeli F-35 that was shot down in Syria with an outdated Russian S-200) to defend their Countries?

Is Recep Erdogan of Turkey stupid for jettisoning the useless F-35 program, and acquiring instead, the Russian S-400 Defence System?

And was it only Canada that renegaded on the fraudulent 2% NATO contribution?

What about Germany? How many times has Germany called Trump's bluff?

When Trump invited Germany to join the Amerikan-led Terrorist coalition of Patrol Team at the Strait of Hormuz - inorder to put maximum pressure on Iran to achieve a regime change, what was Germany's response? Capital No!

Again, when the Amerikan Ambassador to Germany wrote directly to the German firms involved in buying cheap gas from Russia via Nordstream 2 - and warning them of sanctions, what was Germany's response? You can go fvck yourself.

And then, Germany failed - deliberately (by a large margin) to meet-up with the 2% target of German GDP (4 Trillion) for NATO. grin

What does that tell you?

If Germany can ignore the United Snakes of Abomination, why shouldn't others get the idea that the so-called "Big Boss" is nothing but a Paper Tiger? grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Gossiped About President Trump, But We Didn’t Mention His Name – Canadian PM by GreetMe(m): 7:01pm On Dec 05, 2019
Zoharariel:

Why should any NATO member-state contribute 2% of their GDP annually to buy overrated, overpriced & useless Military Hardwares from Amerika (e.g The Saudi's Patriot Defence System that couldn't intercept the Houthi's drones and The Israeli F-35 that was shot down in Syria with an outdated Russian S-200) to defend their Countries?

Is Recep Erdogan of Turkey stupid for jettisoning the useless F-35 program by acquiring instead, the Russian S-400 Defence System?

When Trump invited Germany to join the Amerikan-led Terrorist coalition of Patrol Team at the Strait of Hormuz - inorder to put maximum pressure on Iran to achieve a regime change, what was Germany's response? Capital No!

Again, when the Amerikan Ambassador to Germany wrote directly to the German firms involved in buying cheap gas from Russia via Nordstream 2 - and warning them of sanctions, what was Germany's response? You can go fvck yourself.

And then, Germany failed - deliberately (by a large margin) to meet-up with the 2% target of German GDP (4 Trillion) for NATO. grin

What does that tell you?

If Germany can ignore the United Snakes of Abomination, why shouldn't others get the idea that the so-called "Big Boss" is nothing but a Paper Tiger? grin

You said it all. That Yellow head only brings shame and disrespect to the States!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Gossiped About President Trump, But We Didn’t Mention His Name – Canadian PM by shegzhkn: 9:25am On Dec 07, 2019
Zoharariel:

Is Recep Erdogan of Turkey stupid for jettisoning the useless F-35 program, and acquiring instead, the Russian S-400 Defence System?

What does that tell you?

Iskander - M of ijebu grin , i did just made a call to you on solving some programming question but you decided to look the other way , well i don't know the reason for that but if it was a thread about Barack obama , hillary Clinton or G . W Bush just like this one you will have ejaculate inside 5 storex tank grin spewing some nonsensical improvisatory , i no like am faa , oya do the needful grin

(1) (Reply)

Please Can We Talk About Donald Trump? / BBC: US Election Results: Five Reasons Biden Won / Biden Has Vowed To Quickly Restore The Iran Nuclear Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.