Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,461 members, 7,823,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

My Experience With Access Bank - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Access Bank (614 Views)

042 Enugu View NPC Status Applications Now Insert Bank Details With Access Code / Access Bank Charges N284 For SMS Alert Fee For 1 Month!! / Access Bank Salary Advance, They've Refused To Lend After Repayment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Access Bank by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
Access bank oh my sorrows. This would be a long epistle, please ignore any errors, my hands are still shaking with anger while I'm typing
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by Tellemall: 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
Stop shaking with anger. We're all here to read with you and abuse them for you.

Isn't this that bank with leaking roofs? undecided Leaking air conditioning? undecided Old tellers? angry I don't get the old tellers
angry That bank is not a new age bank.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by HallaDaTruth: 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
My brother, we are all ears. Make i reserve sit

Re: My Experience With Access Bank by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
It all started in 2014 when a friend convinced me to register an account with access bank. They gave me an ATM at the rate of #1000, meanwhile GTB does so at #500. The ATM never worked for one day. After visiting the bank twice, I made up my mind I'd cancel lectures just to sought this out. I just came out of an engineering drawing lecture. With my clutch pencil and my drawing board which I kept outside I stepped into bank.

The customer care representative gave me a form to fill and I did using my clutch pencil. When I submitted she frowned and told me only pens are allowed. I apologized and requested for a new form which she said has already finished. She sarcastically said they can't waste another form. That I should use a cleaner instead. I was boiling but I kept my cool, dipped my hand into my pockets brought out the ATM, kept it on her table, looked her firmly eyeball to eyeball and left the bank amidst her calls for me to come back.

I thought I'd never use access ever again but I was very wrong...
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 04, 2019
In 2018 in far away katsina, I was told in NYSC camp that they could only pay us through access bank. And so I had no choice but to bank with them again. I was a bit open minded this time around but then they just had to disappoint like they always do.

Every month they took 100+ naira and termed it " admin fees". This was different from the atm charges they took every month. I had transferred to ogun state then, since the shitty experience with their customer care I prefer to sort things out myself. The resolution was to get their mobile app so that when alawee comes o would transfer the money to another bank. I went to bank armed with the app, I had registered using my atm, had a pin but needed to authorize my account to do transfers. That day after CDS I waited for like 2 hours and when it was finally my turn, I filled a form and submitted. They said it would be activated in the next 24hours.

Till today it was never activated. I was so angry I never visited the bank again. They had their way with the admin fees till I finished service. On my POP I transferred every last dime out and promised to never use access bank again.

Little did I know...
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by 5thAngel(f): 10:39pm On Dec 04, 2019
Hmm. Hope it's not one of those tales that will have you hooked, then leave you hanging
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by tspouse(m): 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2019
Continue

Re: My Experience With Access Bank by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2019
Fast forward to 2019, I have a diamond account which is not my salary account, but my main savings account. It has a token which I use whenever I want to do online banking transaction.

Then access bought diamond. It did not reflect immediately as I could still use my token on diamond.online until last week of September when they all of a sudden deleted the website and is database. It automatically redirected me to ibank.access, I logged in and there was my NYSC account. HOW exactly could this be happening, what of my diamond details.

And so I saw my self going to bank again. They told me they could link both accounts to the diamond token and I was very happy. For a while they almost fooled me. Come Monday I still couldn't log in. So I specifically collect my paid leave just to sort this out.

I proceeded to bank and showed them the errors I was getting and the customer representative directed me to another branch. No Wahala we die here I said in my mind.

On getting to the other branch and waiting patiently for 2 hours the customer representative broke the sad news to me. I cannot use my diamond token I would need to get an access bank token which is not currently in the branch. I would have to go to the headquarters and the token fee 2k+ would be deducted from my account.

As a work around she activated access bank mobile app for me. I have since been transferring all my money out.

I am so done with access bank.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 04, 2019
The diamond token which is now useless

Re: My Experience With Access Bank by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 04, 2019
One of my last transfers

Re: My Experience With Access Bank by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2019
If you were me... Would you still bank with access
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by HallaDaTruth: 1:32pm On Dec 06, 2019
Faozio:
If you were me... Would you still bank with access
In my area, you can actually get a token in any of the branches and its ₦1k. Something is wrong with the branch you went to
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 06, 2019
HallaDaTruth:
In my area, you can actually get a token in any of the branches and its ₦1k. Something is wrong with the branch you went to
please which area is that and how recent was this because I've never seen a Nigerian bank giving HARD token for 1k
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by HallaDaTruth: 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2019
Faozio:
please which area is that and how recent was this because I've never seen a Nigerian bank giving HARD token for 1k
That was last year around iyana ipaja but i don't know if its still the same now
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by Rajman45(m): 11:11pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hmmm...... U and access bank na complete couple.
Take heart.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 07, 2019
HallaDaTruth:
That was last year around iyana ipaja but i don't know if its still the same now
oh, I see...
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 07, 2019
Rajman45:
Hmmm...... U and access bank na complete couple.

Take heart.
lol, I swear they keep showing up to torment my life...
Re: My Experience With Access Bank by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 07, 2019
Tellemall:
Stop shaking with anger. We're all here to read with you and abuse them for you.

Isn't this that bank with leaking roofs? undecided Leaking air conditioning? undecided Old tellers? angry I don't get the old tellers
angry That bank is not a new age bank.
lol... Leaking roof shocked

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking! Nigeria Confirms Third Case Of COVID-19 In Lagos. / Chikum Feeds For Sale At An Affordable Price / Marijuana And COVID-19 Pandemic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.