Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Image Of Madagascan Snake Wins 2019 Ecological Society Photography Competition - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Image Of Madagascan Snake Wins 2019 Ecological Society Photography Competition (400 Views)

Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Image Of Madagascan Snake Wins 2019 Ecological Society Photography Competition by debaj10: 8:06am On Dec 05, 2019

The British Ecological Society has announced the winners of its annual photography competition, with first place going to an image of a Malagasy tree boa.
Winning photographer Roberto Garcia Roa said: "Unfortunately, many areas of Madagascar are suffering huge anthropic pressures, including poaching and fires, and big snakes are becoming increasingly difficult to see.
"During my visit to Madagascar, I had the pleasure of finding this outstanding snake and photographing it.
"To offer a dramatic scenario reflecting the conditions that these snakes are suffering, I used an external red light as a source of light and severe blurring to capture the environment."
The winning images will be exhibited at the society's annual conference , in Belfast, between 10 and 13 December. They will then be displayed at Ulster Museum, from 11 February 2020.

https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-50602795

lalasticlala
enjoy wink

Re: Image Of Madagascan Snake Wins 2019 Ecological Society Photography Competition by BOSSkesh(m): 8:25am On Dec 05, 2019
For our big bro lala

(1) (Reply)

Blockchain Beyond Crypto - A Hybrid Future? / Which MTN Data Plan Is Best For Browsing? / Building Your Dream Home/ Graphics Design At Your Best Quality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.