Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours (37019 Views)

#RevolutionNow: FG Discontinues Treasonable Felony Trial Against Sowore, Bakare / Amnesty International Declares Sowore, Bakare, Jalingo Prisoners Of Conscience / Falana To DSS: Release Sowore, Bakare And Stop Exposing Nigeria To Ridicule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Built2last: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2019
Story
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Sonnobax15(m): 11:13am On Dec 05, 2019
Sowore don suffer 4 buhari and e puppets hands cha..

1 Like

Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Sirseedorf(m): 11:13am On Dec 05, 2019
Good move but I doubt if the DSS will comply with the order of the judge.

Rule of law in this country is a joke, especially APC kind of law.
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Masama: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2019
will this lawless government listen to the court?
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by adecz: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2019
If not??
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by hotspec(m): 11:13am On Dec 05, 2019
sowore will be released d day APC loses presidency
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Ijaya123: 11:14am On Dec 05, 2019
This should step up the heat on the government to do the right thing.
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by mastermaestro(m): 11:14am On Dec 05, 2019
lovewins:
The judge and any judge who tries this case is quite unserious.

If they really want to protect the rule of law, what they should do instead is not hear any case against the defendants till the court order for their release is obeyed.

You have a good point though. But the judges know that today's judicial terrain has been messed up by the executive. So they accept to hear the case so as to have another opportunity to echo the previous judgements. If they refuse to hear the case, those guys will languish in prison endlessly.

2 Likes

Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by slowice(m): 11:14am On Dec 05, 2019
And the judge must be from the south east.... The only tribe that still has some balls since the inception of this calamitous administration

4 Likes

Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by DonBenny77(m): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2019
grin
Ear problems comes to mind
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Mutemenot(m): 11:17am On Dec 05, 2019
Nonsense... Sowore eating the Ewodu he prepared for Nigerians... what's the essence of such order when you will arraign him
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Jimi24: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2019
DSS should release the guy and pick him up again on other charges.
There should be a very harsh lesson for trying to forment a revolution in this fragile political context of Nigeria of terrorism, hate speech, banditry, farmer herder clashes and urban youth financial crimes. If you want to add to it then say bye to peace and freedom and the FG is ready.

DSS should probe into Sowore's finances and look at his close associates

2 Likes

Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by pointstores(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2019
Good one
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Advancedman(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2019
fergie001:
http://saharareporters.com/2019/12/05/breaking-court-orders-sowore%E2%80%99s-release-within-24-hours-tells-dss-pay-him-n100000
lalasticlala mynd44

Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Federal High Court, Abuja, has ordered the Department of State Services to release human rights activists, Omoyele Sowore and Olawale Bakare, within the next 24 hours.

The judge also ordered the DSS to pay the sum of N100, 000 to Sowore for refusing to release him on bail despite two court orders to that effect.

The court also adjourned the trial of the case brought against them by the Nigerian Government till December 6 (tomorrow) for continuation.

The judge is a stooge if not why 24hr and 100k, what happened to immediately as in Now from the court and 500M?

2 Likes

Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by sassiemyk: 11:21am On Dec 05, 2019
Court orders DSS? Court? Who is court Again? Why can't court order the real person holding sowore? They all be fooling themselves.
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Jax1: 11:21am On Dec 05, 2019
The number one lawless idiot in this country is bingohari

2 Likes

Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by LabDNA: 11:23am On Dec 05, 2019
Audio judiciary.
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Smooyis(m): 11:25am On Dec 05, 2019
People are getting tired of their continuous disregard to the rule of law. If they have ears, let them hear shocked shocked shocked
But #100k compensation, oh my God grin
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Cherrybae(f): 11:27am On Dec 05, 2019
The DSS should learn to obey court orders. I'm sad why sawore has not been released despite two court orders.

I condemn it, I condemn it, I condemn it. This is unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by amaridigital(m): 11:29am On Dec 05, 2019
Racoon:

Again! Again!! Again!!! and Again!!!! Release these guys for goodness sake? The Buhari govt are releasing so called "repented, rehabilitated and deradicalized BH so why keeping Sowore, Dasuki & co?

When does national security supersede the rule of law.Why are the CJN and AGF not advising this govt?

For the first time I can say I'm disappointed in the Vice President for being silent. He's a Pastor and a Professor of law for God sake. It's too bad to sell your soul to the devil. Gani Fawehinmi got the second highest honor in Nigeria not by holding a political post but by standing for what was right.
Yoruba people must think very hard in any future alliance with the North. Nobody see this coming from the APC at all despite all the lawyers and SAN's in the Government.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by aspiring44: 11:30am On Dec 05, 2019
mastermaestro:

You have a good point though. But the judges know that today's judicial terrain has been messed up by the executive. So they accept to hear the case so as to have another opportunity to echo the previous judgements. If they refuse to hear the case, those guys will languish in prison endlessly.

I think there should be balance the way we do things . disobeying court order is purely contemtp of court . The executive should obey and let the case move on . This is surely precedented one .

If the DSs should disobey again definitely something is utterly wrong with the DSS .
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Bigcowhorn: 11:30am On Dec 05, 2019
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Chikpat(m): 11:31am On Dec 05, 2019
Let Sowore go
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by ZooOga: 11:31am On Dec 05, 2019
Jimi24:
DSS should release the guy and pick him up again on other charges.
There should be a very harsh lesson for trying to forment a revolution in this fragile political context of Nigeria of terrorism, hate speech, banditry, farmer herder clashes and urban youth financial crimes. If you want to add to it then say bye to peace and freedom and the FG is ready.

DSS should probe into Sowore's finances and look at his close associates

plate too big for DSS. very deep pocketed oyinbo supporters.

Sahara Reporters
Sowore started Sahara Reporters in a small room in New York City in 2006 to fight against corrupt and wrong government practices.[5] Sahara Reporters is supported by grants from the Ford Foundation and Omidyar Foundation. As part of its policy, Sahara does not accept adverts and financial support from the Nigerian government.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omoyele_Sowore

1 Like

Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Viking007(m): 11:32am On Dec 05, 2019
This Judge is just making me happy today. See confidence abeg! cheesy Justice Ojukwu for president!
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by cRobo: 11:33am On Dec 05, 2019
DSS is above the law

That's Nigeria for you
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by Incandescent(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2019
GeoAfrikana:
As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a win for Sowore, rather it's a loss.

After sleeping detention for weeks (or maybe months) he gets just 100k compensation.

Not only that, he is still coming back to court tomorrow and might return to cell if the court finds him guilty.

Sowore 0 - 4 FG

Except you want wahala, don't mess with the government.

Yoruba people say:

He, just as Kanu, fought are enviable warriors because they went on the offense when they had no strength.

Is their reason for fighting right or wrong? That's another topic.

Bloody coward
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by naptu2: 11:34am On Dec 05, 2019
Video.

Femi Falana engaging the prosecution counsel (Liman).

"Do you know that, Buhari was a military dictator, he complied with all court orders, there are 13 of them. Including people that were detained" (inaudible). "Abacha, in all his madness, I was detained in ***. My wife got an order, that was ten months after. My wife got an order".

https://twitter.com/Gidi_Traffic/status/1202534568630345730
Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by oskopy: 11:35am On Dec 05, 2019
if other tribes bahave like igbos in this country fulanis would have retraces their steps

1 Like

Re: Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours by GeoAfrikana(m): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2019
Incandescent:

Bloody coward

Lol, Yoruba say:

Knowing when to fight and when to flee is the sign of true warrior

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ijeoma Nwogwuwgwu Condemns Peter Obi, Others For Having Political Meeting Abroad / Nigerians React To The Release Of 82 Chibok Girls / Man Killed In Rivers As Soldiers-Militants Clash (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.