Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project (21518 Views)

40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After / The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) / See 40MW Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba Delivered As Promised By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by jesmond3945: 6:00pm On Dec 05, 2019
NewBea:

Who do you want to get the contract? Americans? Germans? undecided
what happens to nigerians? are we half smart.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by christejames(m): 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hardeybohwarley:

Toh. Yayi kyau. Light is stable for those under Ashaka Cement supply coverage but the rest of the community are not enjoying stable light. And on a scale of 1-10 I won't rate Gombe light more than 5.

correct
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Walanantip: 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
Predicament of medical corps in gombe state. Which the governor of Gombe is so adamant about...

It so pathetic that the deserved allowances of medical corps in gombe state are not been paid event after passing out for almost a year plus.
Medical corps which includes doctors, pharmacist,nurses, records, lab scientist, radiographers etc that were posted to state own health institution are to be paid some monthly stipend because of the nature of there work and the hazards that comes with it, nysc wrote a memo back date 2010 mandating all government parastatal to comply with it.they are to be paid monthly hazards and call allowances but gombe state government has refused paying this money even after almost a year that this corps past out and have gone, with unfulfilled promises the will send the money but up to date non of them have been paid.its so pathetic that state government prefer corps for cheap labour instead of employing workers rather they wait every after three months to used and dump this corps. Nigerian should raise up to this inhumane act Been mated upon Nigerian citizens in the name of service to the father land.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Bazamfare: 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
Haba, nice one.. How is the state, I heard Dankwanbo developed and did a lot for the state?
christejames:

I left there last year, still miss that town.

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by deavicky(m): 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
Those it mean I'm the only one who could not see any power plant.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by czechiacoin1: 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
Its only in Tunfure that power never Blinks
NaijaCelebrity:
Which side in Gombe do you leave?
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by czechiacoin1: 6:53pm On Dec 05, 2019
No wonder you said light never blink because you stayed in Tunfure....Come to G.R.A it will shock you.
christejames:

inajin Hausa kada kadan...

Yes, light should be stable around Ashaka Cement, I think they also generate electricity there.
I stayed in Gombe town around Tunfre, I left there last year. Still miss that amazing city.

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by easymoment: 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2019
Learned people doesn't call other illiterate, they educate them so if you have noting reasonable to say then Bleep up
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

The problem in Nigeria is the people are illiterate they do not understand what developing a country is about. Any power station which Nigeria built less than 1000 megawatts is a waste of time. The problem is what we are building is just like generators or wind turbine the power generation is not just enough. What is happening China is just ripping Nigeria of big time because they know Nigerians are illiterate they just build Nigeria anything which is inadequate. How can you say in 1960s and 70s other African countries were Building 300 megawatt coal power stations and today Nigeria is building 40 megawatt power station this is a total joke
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by christejames(m): 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2019
Bazamfare:
Haba, nice one.. How is the state, I heard Dankwanbo developed and did a lot for the state?

A visit will shock you...

the state is amazingly beautiful and developing rapidly. Thank God I contributed a little during my stay. We were in charge of the construction of the new city gate towards Bauchi, I don't know how far they've gone with it now. A beauty to behold.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2019
easymoment:
Learned people doesn't call other illiterate, they educate them so if you have noting reasonable to say then Bleep up

If you read my post will you will understand what I am saying the power stations which we are building are just too small. There are areas in Nigeria where you can build over 3000 megawatt dam. No person in his right mind goes and build a dam in the middle of the Desert. When we have rainy areas and flood areas. Just look at the flood in Lagos recently we are sending the water into the ocean for free not using it to generate anything. Illiteracy is a big problem in Nigeria Albert Einstein said it is only a mad or insane person which does the same thing every time but once a different result
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Bazamfare: 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2019
Wow! I'm surprised, I thought it was one of those states languishing in poverty and underdevelopment.. I was actually arguing with someone about it today, I got it all wrong

But why did they reject PDP, or is it cos of Buhari tsunami?
christejames:

A visit will shock you...

the state is amazingly beautiful and developing rapidly. Thank God I contributed a little during my stay. We were in charge of the construction of the new city gate towards Bauchi, I don't know how far they've gone with it now. A beauty to behold.

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by christejames(m): 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
Bazamfare:
Wow! I'm surprised, I thought it was one of those states languishing in poverty and underdevelopment.. I was actually arguing with someone about it today, I got it all wrong

But why did they reject PDP, or is it cos of Buhari tsunami?

The city is quaint and growing fast. It has the most beautiful Conference Centre in Nigeria, not even the one in Abuja can compare.

Sure it does have its challenges but for a state of less than 24yrs its a pass mark.

As for their political view, I'm equally surprise, was not on ground during the last election to give the true answer to that but I can infer that what led to that is not far from the kind of scenario that played out in Bayelsa.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by vezycash(m): 8:18am On Dec 06, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

The problem in Nigeria is the people are illiterate they do not understand what developing a country is about. Any power station which Nigeria built less than 1000 megawatts is a waste of time. The problem is what we are building is just like generators or wind turbine the power generation is not just enough. What is happening China is just ripping Nigeria of big time because they know Nigerians are illiterate they just build Nigeria anything which is inadequate. How can you say in 1960s and 70s other African countries were Building 300 megawatt coal power stations and today Nigeria is building 40 megawatt power station this is a total joke

No offense intended but this isn't accurate.

IMHO, 40MW that's actually built TODAY is far better than 1000MW promised for 2020. Also, smaller rivers can be used for micro power stations that lessen the burden on the national grid.

Even a 2MW plant can comfortably power 2,000 to 5,000 nigerian homes since we use way less power than western countries. Building a thousand 2MW plants has the ffg advantages.

* They can be built fast
* Less power will be lost in transit cos they can be built close to homes. I hear, National grid loses about 16% generated power IN TRANSIT!
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EG.ELC.LOSS.ZS?locations=NG
* If a few micro plants go down, total output will not drop drastically, unlike what we currently have
* Resilience - plants built with a wide array of technologies will create stable power. I.e. In rainy season hydro micro stations will have peak output, in dry SUNNY season, solar will take over, gas and wind will cover for solar at night. If every gas pipe in Nigeria bursts, no wahala...

One more benefit of microgrids - FINANCIAL. Less stealing by government.

1MW - 2.5MW turbines cost less than $3M. So, local governments can build these WITHOUT BORROWING!

Of course, since few Nigerians appreciates small plants or changes, the federal govt will keep using power projects as a credible excuse to borrow and pocket billions of dollars. And total electrical power output will keep dropping.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by samuelshosanya(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2019
Iziquiel:

This is impossible. Jeddah has a population of around 4.8m people. The whole residents and industries in Jeddah can't consume 18,680MW of electricity let alone a Mosque.

pls just browse it and see, i hope ignorance will not kill you.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by samuelshosanya(m): 8:58am On Dec 06, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

Lol mosque using 18000mw, which Kind lie be this abeg?

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Unghost: 9:27am On Dec 06, 2019
Kingrefreshed:

Leading you and who. He can't lead me.

Youre one of the things he's leading Cows cheesy grin

see monkey
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Iziquiel(m): 9:28am On Dec 06, 2019
samuelshosanya:

I really want to learn, can you provide a link because I couldn't find anything on your bogus claim?
Thanks.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:33am On Dec 06, 2019
samuelshosanya:

According to you the Saudi mosque use upto 80% the power Egypt produces, and 60% the power south Africa produces
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by samuelshosanya(m): 10:02am On Dec 06, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

According to you the Saudi mosque use upto 80% the power Egypt produces, and 60% the power south Africa produces

Yes ooooo.....

https://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/809091

just try to be doing research we are lacking behind in west africa
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by samuelshosanya(m): 10:04am On Dec 06, 2019
Iziquiel:

I really want to learn, can you provide a link because I couldn't find anything on your bogus claim?
Thanks.

see for yourself, then you will know that we are lacking in west africa.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by samuelshosanya(m): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu, Lawan, APC Govs To Storm Edo For Campaign Rally / Unemployment: What Tinubu’s Recommendation Tells Us About Him - Oke Umurhohwo / Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.