Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

These Safety Tips Will Keep You Safe At Night - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / These Safety Tips Will Keep You Safe At Night (469 Views)

Woman Catches Teenager Having Sex With Daughter At Night / Robber Hides Inside Bedroom, Watches Couple Make Love At Night / Man Was Seen Having Sex In Highlander In Benue At Night & His Car Was Snatched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Safety Tips Will Keep You Safe At Night by ScottDM1: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
Embarking on a night journey or even moving about at night isn’t ideal for a responsible individual as the night comes with a few perks and a whole lot of dangers attached to it. Most especially now that the greedy individuals are taking up anything and doing every ritual practice just to ‘make-it’.

These Tips will help you stay safe at Night (in Nigeria):

1- Be Back Home Before 8 pm:

I do understand that we Nigerians are very hard-working and we must hustle hard to be able to afford whatever might be our desire, but our safety shouldn’t be in jeopardy and should be our topmost priority. To be on the safer side, make sure you’re back from your workplace before or at most; 8 pm as there’s currently an increase in the number of rape cases, night robbery and missing-persons report.

2- Stop Operating Your Phone On The Road:

There are people who are fond of chatting anywhere they find themselves and easily lose safety consciousness whenever they log on Social Media, if you’re one of them, then you need to stop. I’ve done that in the past and no longer do such now as I’ve heard a lot of stories revealing how people got robbed off their phone and properties while unconsciously operating their Phones on the road. Sometime last year, I read the story of a lady who got robbed off her phone while operating it on a moving bike. Whenever it’s late and you’re moving out at night, either leave your Internet Enabled Device at home or in your bag, as the case may be. You can move out with only a small phone for emergency.

3- Follow Through Busy Areas/Streets:

Petty-criminals hardly operate in a busy area as they’re scared of being caught and what might befall them afterwards, so it’s highly advised you always pass through busy area’s when going out at night.

4- Talk Aloud When Stopped By A Thug:

Whenever you’re walking at night and get cornered or accosted by a Street Thug, answer aloud when being engaged in a conversation so as to draw the attention of people nearby. This is advisable as I was once accosted by a thug on my way home from work, He was in a shade signalling me to come in, I feigned a phone call while walking away. The next thing he did was to follow me in a fast pace which made me stop. He began by feigning anger which I in-turn feigned my own anger (as a sharp guy) asking why he was calling me knowing that I was on call and if we had a business relationship that prompted the call….. Mehn! E no easy that day oo…. I was talking on top of my voice while he was low which drew the attention of passer-by's who began looking our way. He asked me to come into the shade for a discussion which I blatantly refused and then he walked away from me…. Till date, he no longer stops me anywhere…… Do you see the Scope? He bin wan corner me!

5- Find A Safe Harbor When It’s Too Late

If you ever travel far away from home and not yet back around 9 pm, it’s highly advised you sleep over there or if you aren’t comfortable sleeping over, I suggest you find a safe and receptive harbour like a Church or Mosque (depending on your religion) as you’re safer in there than on the street.

A few weeks back, I travelled to see a business partner but we ended the meeting very late at night. My Partner offered me to sleep over as it was almost 10 Pm, but I declined the offer thinking I could make it home before 11 Pm. I waited to board a bus heading straight to my city but found none, so I boarded one heading to 3 cities before mine; but before we could reach, I checked my time and discovered that it was few minutes past eleven and my city is still about an hour far from where I was dropped. Mehn! I had my laptop in my back-pack and couldn’t risk being robbed, so I asked a bike man to take me to the nearest Anglican church where I explained my situation to them and was harboured till the next morning when I left for my City…… I wonder what would have happened if I had embarked on the journey straight to my City, I would have arrived around 1 Am…. For wetin?

Source- https://umebeautycare.com/these-safety-tips-will-keep-you-safe-at-night/

Thank You for Reading ….. Please, share to enlighten others!

CC: Lalasticlala , Mynd44 , Dominique
Re: These Safety Tips Will Keep You Safe At Night by ScottDM1: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
But no go fight with Thug ooo.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: These Safety Tips Will Keep You Safe At Night by ScottDM1: 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

And also, don't attend Night Parties with your Phones oo shocked

My guy attended a night party around October this year, and after lap dances and stage rocking from several ladies, the guy wallet got Lost! And his transport money was in there grin grin grin .... Imagine his feeling angry grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

He's Asking For A Bank Transfer The Driver Has No Cash To Give - Ekiti Policeman / Telecom Giant MTN Accused Of Paying Bribes To Taliban, Al-qaeda / Soldier Stabs Colleague, Civilian To Death In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.