Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group (397 Views)

Names Of Supreme Court Justices That Quashed Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction / Orji Kalu Admitted To Holding Cell After Conviction [Photos] / Magu Visits Lawal Daura In SARS Office After His Sack As DSS Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by Blogsphere: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
Anti-graft group, Nigerians Against Corruption, NAC, has described the conviction of former governor of Abia state, Orji Kalu, by Justice Muhammed Idris of a Federal High Court in Lagos as a mark that the EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu, does not only mean business with the President Buhari’s anti-corrution war but has also earned himself a glorious feat unmatched in our chequered history.

Orji Kalu, who is the Senate Chief Whip, was sentenced to 12 years in prison for stealing public funds while in office. Justice Idris further held that Mr Kalu’s company, Slok Nigeria Limited, the third defendant, be wounded up and all assets forfeited to the federal government.

Commenting on the judgment, the group’s National coordinator said with this feat, Mr Ibrahim deserves the support of all well meaning Nigerians while calling on Mr. President to as a matter of exigency renominate him for a fresh 4-year term as the EFCC chairman.

“The conviction of a whole Senate Chief Whip has shown that Mr Ibrahim Magu is serious about eradicating financial corruption in our polity. If a former governor and a member of the President’s party can bag a 12 year jail term, I tell you this man means business”.

“Don’t forget that Orji Kalu holds a chieftaincy title from President Buhari’s hometown of Daura. His various media outfits also gave the president awards yet, Ibrahim Magu has sent him to jailed.

“I seriously call on President Buhari to return Magu as EFCC boss and also empower the agency to do much more. I also want to urge Nigerians to cooperate with this government to get rid of corruption in Nigeria.

The anti-graft crusader also added that Nigerians should expect the conviction of more high profile Nigerians.

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

Re: Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by ghettokid1(m): 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2019
Forget! If not for 2023 they will not touch him
Re: Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by Okuda(m): 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2019
Is Kalu someone to not be feared?
Re: Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by IGBOSON1: 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2019
Tell that to the marines!

I suppose bullion-van-Tinubu that likes to receive bullion vans on election day is whiter than white, and Gandollar was stuffing bundles of Monopoly money in his babariga!

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by helinues: 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2019
May be May be not
Re: Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by Danzakidakura(m): 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2019
Till he jail Tinubu i will believe him.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by kynbasil01: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2019
We the entire people of Abia state wholly support the jail term of orji uzo kalu and we look forward to seeing his protégé senator ta orji in jail too
Re: Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by Officialgarri: 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
grin
Re: Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by SimDan95(m): 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
I would commend them on this incredible feat,it's not easy dragging a Nigerian politician to court in today's Nigeria and still convict him.

But when we all see through this proposed witch hunting is when we would truly say kudos they have done good.
Witch hunting I call it because we have corrupt politicians from diverse tribes who have been caught with glaring evidence like stuffing dollars in to his clothes, receiving bullion vans on the eve of election, and a multitude of case still pending on efcc's table. I'm sure their files must have gathered enough dust and will soon be swept under the table.

For zombies that would think of quoting me take 2 seconds of ur Fu*keep up time and ask urself, if it were to be the United States of America, would the likes of oshiomole,amechi, rochas, tinubu, gandollar, ATIKU, obasanjo, buhari, and their fellow cohorts still be walking freely talk less of holding public office of power. Why do u keep on supporting bigotry, corruption and tyranny.

Now use your honest answer to reason with ur Fu*ked up brain u Fu*king gays.

Peace be on to u all True Patriots of Nigeria

Re: Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by dignity33: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2019
In as much I support his sentence I expect EFCC to extend it across different tribe so it wouldn't be seen as if some tribe are being targeted
Re: Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by 9jahotblog: 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2019
How can Ganduje,Tinubu, Aregbesola, Fashola, Akpabio, Elrufai, Oshiomole,Timipre Silva, Ajibola Bashiru, Babachir lawal, Ajimobi be working freely if trully Buhari is fighting corruption? Nigerians please don't be fooled ooooo.
Re: Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by Chikpat(m): 5:44am On Dec 06, 2019
If Magu is this wonderful, how can he doest want to try Tinubu even with a petition to that effect?
Ganduje has immunity we know. But he can start his probe from somewhere
Re: Orji Kalu’s Conviction Shows Magu Fears No One – Anti Corruption Group by Racoon(m): 6:18am On Dec 06, 2019
A Magu that have refused to investigates Tinubu bullion vans, Gandollar dollar bribe scandal, Oshiomole's APC primary corruption allegation, Abba Kyari corruptions etc?

The Nigerian political space is just filled up with nauseating asslickers & hungry sycophants.

(1) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Declares, 'buhari Leads Like A General That He Is / What Imolite Expects From Gov. Ihedioha / PDP Left Us With N220bn Debt – Ondo Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.