Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:18 PM

Man Burnt To Death In Freak Accident At Lagos Church - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Burnt To Death In Freak Accident At Lagos Church (639 Views)

Man Burnt To Death In Yobe Over Sexual Affair With Monarch's Wife / Married Man Burnt To Death At His Girlfriend's House In Portharcourt (Graphic) / Man Burnt Alive In Ajah Over Land Grabbing In Lagos [Graphic Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Burnt To Death In Freak Accident At Lagos Church by dre11(m): 10:15pm On Dec 05, 2019
A man was burnt to death on Thursday after a pastor mistook petrol for water during a healing service in Lagos, the emergency services said.

“The pastor picked a keg believing it contained water not knowing it was filled with petrol,” said Ibrahim Farinloye of the National Emergency Management Agency.

“In the process of emptying the contents on the man, a lit candle nearby sparked fire that engulfed both of them,” Farinloye told AFP.

The church fire in the Baruwa area in the north of the sprawling city spread to nearby oil pipelines, which burst into flames, he added.

“We have recovered the body of a man. He was burned beyond recognition, while another person (the pastor) was injured with severe burns,” Farinloye said.

The head of Lagos state emergency service LASEMA, Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, confirmed the accident, adding that operations were underway to extinguish the pipeline blaze.

“We are responding quickly to put out the fire. Only one body has been recovered, while the other person who was injured is receiving treatment,” he added.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/man-burnt-to-death-in-freak-accident-at-lagos-church/

Lalasticlala
Re: Man Burnt To Death In Freak Accident At Lagos Church by BabbanBura(m): 10:19pm On Dec 05, 2019
Re: Man Burnt To Death In Freak Accident At Lagos Church by emeijeh(m): 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2019
Big lie

1 Like

Re: Man Burnt To Death In Freak Accident At Lagos Church by Ishilove: 1:14am On Dec 06, 2019
I somehow find this very hard to believe... undecided
Re: Man Burnt To Death In Freak Accident At Lagos Church by TheFacelessMan: 1:28am On Dec 06, 2019
sad
Re: Man Burnt To Death In Freak Accident At Lagos Church by meezynetwork(m): 6:32am On Dec 06, 2019
Fake news

(1) (Reply)

Baby Wrap Inside Nylon, Found In A Dump Truck Alive. VIDEO / There Is No Job Or Dollar In Lebanon - Trafficked Lady Warns / Woman To Court: Grant Me Divorce Or I'ii Kill My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.