Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,058 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Happiness, Misery, And Signs Of Their People ~ Ibn Al Qayyim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Happiness, Misery, And Signs Of Their People ~ Ibn Al Qayyim (224 Views)

Signs Of Black Magic And Satanic Possession And How To Protect Yourself / Ahmad Ibn Taymiyyah: The Tortured Scholar / 'Abdullah Ibn Salam: From Judaism To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happiness, Misery, And Signs Of Their People ~ Ibn Al Qayyim by akinsmail51: 7:10am On Dec 06, 2019
Happiness, Misery, and Signs of Their People
~ Ibn al Qayyim

From the signs of happiness and joy is that whenever a worshipper increases in knowledge, his humbleness and mercy increases. Whenever he increases in acts of worship, his fear and caution increases. Whenever he increases in age, his greed decreases. Whenever he increases in wealth, his generosity and spending increases. And whenever he increases in status and position, his nearness to the people increases as does his fulfilling their needs and being humble with them.

And from the signs of misery is that whenever a worshipper increases in knowledge, his pride and arrogance increases. Whenever he increases in acts of worship, his bragging increases as does his belittling of people while always giving himself the benefit of the doubt. And whenever he increases in status and position, his arrogance and ego increases.

All of these things are trials from Allaah and a test by which He tests His servants, and because of them, some people attain happiness and others become miserable.

Similarly, some things people honor and admire are also trials like possessions, authority, and wealth. Allaah says about His prophet, Sulaymaan, when he saw the throne of Bilqees in front of
him:

“هَذَا مِنْ فَضْلِ رَبِّي لِيَبْلُوَنِي أَأَشْكُرُ أَمْ أَكْفُرُ “

This is from the favor of My Lord to test me whether I will be grateful or ungrateful. [Soorah An-Naml, 27:40]

So, blessings are tests from Allaah that make apparent the gratitude of the grateful, and the ingratitude of the ungrateful. In the same way, hardhips are also trials from Him سُبْحَانَه .He tests by way of blessings and hardships.

Allaah says:

“فَأَمَّا الإِنْسَانُ إِذَا مَا ابْتَلاهُ رَبُّهُ فَأَكْرَمَهُ وَنَعَّمَهُ فَيَقُولُ رَبِّي أَكْرَمَنِ وَأَمَّا إِذَا مَا ابْتَلاهُ فَقَدَرَ عَلَيْهِ
رِزْقَهُ فَيَقُولُ رَبِّي أَهَانَنِ “

And as for man, when his Lord tests him and is generous to him and favors him, he says, “My Lord has honored me!” But when He tests him and restricts his provision, he says, “My Lord has humiliated me!” [Soorah Al-Fajr, 89:15-16]

In other words, it’s not the case that everyone I increase with honor and blessings, that’s My way of honoring him. And everyone I tighten his sustenance and test him, it’s not necessarily that I’m humiliating him.

(1) (Reply)

H / Faith / Help A Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.