Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Senator Orji Kalu Begs Warders Not To Handcuff Him In Public - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Orji Kalu Begs Warders Not To Handcuff Him In Public (195 Views)

‘it’s Illegal To Handcuff Seun Kuti,’ Says Kenneth Okonkwo To Lagos Police. / Orji Kalu Begs Aggrieved APC Members In Abia, Says APC The South East's Future / Orji Uzor Kalu: Don’t Handcuff Me - Ex Governor Begs Prison Warders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senator Orji Kalu Begs Warders Not To Handcuff Him In Public by DanielOwen2050(m): 9:32am On Dec 06, 2019
The Nigerian Senate Chief Whip and former Abia State governor on Thursday begged prison warders not to handcuff him.
He told them, seeing them approach him with handcuffs, “Where are you taking us to now? Please don’t handcuff me. I will follow you.”

Kalu made the appeal after a Federal High Court in Lagos, presided over by Justice Mohammed Idris, on Thursday convicted and sentenced him to 12 years imprisonment over N7.6 billion fraud he committed as governor of Abia State between 1999 to 2007.

Kalu’s company, Slok Nigeria Limited, and Udeh Udeogu, a former director of finance and accounts in Abia were also convicted with him.
But the senator, as soon as the court ruling was over and warders moved in his direction, begged not to be handcuffed.

ALSO READ: https://latesttip.com/how-to-apply-for-t-i-n-to-avoid-your-bank-account-from-being-disconnected/

(1) (Reply)

NBA: DSS Should Apologise To Nigerians Over Court Invasion / PDP Blasts Bode George Over Comments / Why “almighty” Akpabio And Co Are Scared Of Igini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.