Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

What Does The Quran Say About Polygamy And Marriage Vows - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Quran Say About Polygamy And Marriage Vows (172 Views)

Marriage Vows: The Double Standard, Hypocrisy Of Oyedepo / Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse / Church Of Satan Reacts As Daddy Freeze Says Marriage Vows Are Satanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Quran Say About Polygamy And Marriage Vows by Kkings11: 9:50am On Dec 06, 2019
I wanted to post this in the Islamic section but due to the acclamations I had to post it here.

I have a Muslim friend who just got married. During the course of their courtship his wife made him vow not to marry a second wife and he accepted.
The issue now is I live in a compound where that issue is what is causing problems in one of my neighbour's marriage. Before their marriage the man promised his wife he won't marry a second wife but he is now trying to do just that and his wife is not agreement with him.

My question is this,
1) Is the woman right in telling her husband to make such vow seeing as it is permitted for a man to marry more than one wife islam?
2) Does the Quran say anything about honoring vows made to eachother during marriage?

Cc Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/12/19 / . / RE: 4 Reasons Why I'm Consindering Becoming An Atheist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.