Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

A Compendium Of Former State Governors Sentenced To Prison So Far - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Compendium Of Former State Governors Sentenced To Prison So Far (302 Views)

PDP Campaign To Tinubu: We’ll Publish Your Corruption Compendium / Compendium Of Pmb's Ongoing & Completed Projects & Policy Successes In S/E / A Compendium Of The Achievements Of Gov Okowa In The Delta State Universal Basic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Compendium Of Former State Governors Sentenced To Prison So Far by Getconnectedng: 10:40am On Dec 06, 2019
[s][/s]Governance is about service because those chosen to govern are empowered to do so. Here in Nigeria,the powers that have hitherto been vested by those empowered to govern has often been misused. Governors come and go but while some are enjoying their lives as ex- Governors, unfortunately others are not. Not that those that are enjoying themselves are saints,no. For today,here are some former Governors who have been sent to prison. You can add your own to the list.
Joly Name is a former Governor of Taraba State. He was sentenced to 14 years in prison for corrupt related crimes.
Joshua Dariye, a former Governor of Plateau State was sentenced to 14 years imprisonment for corrupt related charges.
James Ngilari,a former Governor of Adamawa State was jailed for five years for engaging in corrupt practices by an Adamawa State high court but was later acquitted by the court of appeal after 2 years.
Most recently, Orji Uzo Kalu, a former Governor of Abia State has been sentenced to twelve years in prison too.
So my dear Governors continue to Govern with all the powers vested on you. If you like, Govern well ,if you like blow big big grammar until your tenure expires. My own beat is to compile and trust me,I will do it well. Who will be the next former Governor to be imprisoned?
Re: A Compendium Of Former State Governors Sentenced To Prison So Far by JosEast(m): 10:42am On Dec 06, 2019
Good number....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Compendium Of Former State Governors Sentenced To Prison So Far by Heartbender: 10:43am On Dec 06, 2019
They are all Christian governors

Oh well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Compendium Of Former State Governors Sentenced To Prison So Far by Getconnectedng: 10:59am On Dec 06, 2019
Are you suggesting that they are being victimised for being Christians?

(1) (Reply)

Orjiuzo Kalu Deserves It / Ralph Uwazuruike Speaks On Orji Uzor Kanu's Arrest / Sowore: FFK Replies Adesina - Your Boss Is Unworthy To Be Called Mr. President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.