Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. (3514 Views)

Question About Movie Making For All Nollywoodiers... / Satan's Official Website Exposed In Movie / Be The Next Celebrity In(movie Talent Hunt) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by edoyad(m): 10:02am On Nov 25, 2010
Brazil seeks Nollywood expertise in film making

Tuesday, November 23 , 2010
By Monsur Olowoopejo

Governor Baba-tunde Fashola of Lagos State has said that in the next couple of months the state government, in collaboration with Nollywood, will sign a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, with the Brazilian Government to teach Brazilian artistes movie production. Governor Fashola made this known in Alausa during a courtesy visit by Nollywood actors and actresses under the aegis of Lagos Artistes for Fashola, LAFF, led by Mr. Segun Arinze who are championing the campaign for Fashola's second term in office. His said: "There is an offer on the table from the Brazilian government which the state government is yet to harness. The last time I visited Brazil, the Brazilian Minister for Tourism asked that they will like to sign a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, with Nigerians to teach Brazilians on how to produce home videos. "That offer is still on the table and we are yet to harness it because we are yet to have this type of forum where we can work out the necessary modalities. As soon as the artistes are ready, I will re-establish the contact and open up the network." so that whatever benefits comes from the contract, the credit goes to the country and the movie industry." Fashola, however, commended the artistes for their support during the 2007 electoral campaign and urged them to promote the ideals that would better the lots of the people in the society. The Governor said: "By sheer deed of commitment, you have found a way where there seems to be no way. You have helped to address youth restiveness and unemployment." adding that lots of youths had not been harnessed in the area of cinematography.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/23/323.html
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by PhysicsQED(m): 10:34am On Nov 25, 2010
Interesting. The title of this thread seems slightly misleading though.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by DapoBear(m): 10:54am On Nov 25, 2010
Brazil is an ally that Lagos and the rest of the Southwest would do well in cultivating ties with. This is a good first step, hopefully more will come (and in other areas of mutual interest like agriculture and technology.)
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by jmoore(m): 11:01am On Nov 25, 2010
super story. burn this thread Brazil learning movie making from Nigeria? Joke of the century
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by benchwest: 11:25am On Nov 25, 2010
what makes it a joke? inferiority complexe is taking on u dude.
seat tight and see it happen
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by jmoore(m): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2010
novice that know nothing about movie production, what good quality lies in our movie that could warrant Brazil to learn from us?

This has nothing to do with inferiority complex, I think Ignoranctic complex is what has blinded you
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by edoyad(m): 11:52am On Nov 25, 2010
novice that know nothing about movie production, what good quality lies in our movie that could warrant Brazil to learn from us? This has nothing to do with inferiority complex, I think Ignoranctic complex is what has blinded you

The same qualities that have made Africa Magic a major attraction for Mnet. The same qualities that makes Ono Ruhl believe that the movie industry is a potential Cash cow for Nigeria
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by elculebro: 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2010
na wa o!thats good we are geting there.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by tunyus(m): 12:45pm On Nov 25, 2010
jmoore:

super story. burn this thread Brazil learning movie making from Nigeria? Joke of the century
why cant they learn from us.is nollywood that porous.guy dont let inferior complex hammer you oo.doubting thomases.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by slap1(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2010
They must be seeing something we ain't seeing.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2010
^^Exactly!! undecided
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2010
question please? what is in nollywood that they want emulate. Is it the CUT-AND -PASTE production ?
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by COMPAQ(m): 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2010
Learn from us indeed!! Embreer Jets which Arik and Air Nigeria use are built in Brazil, yet we can't even make toothpicks!! What on earth are they supposed to lears from us? Horrible script writing? Or maybe our poor directing skils with scenes that go on for hours? The only Nigerian production that is really professionally done is Tinsel and Moments with Mo on M-net and of course that's only because M-net is involved with it.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by DapoBear(m): 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2010
The hatred Nigerians have for themselves is quite sad. Nobody is forcing the Brazilians to come learn, they are choosing to do so themselves. Who is wiser, you who say Nigeria has nothing to teach them or they who want to come to learn from the 2nd largest movie industry in the entire world?
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by obyann(f): 1:43pm On Nov 25, 2010
COMPAQ:

Learn from us indeed!! Embreer Jets which Arik and Air Nigeria use are built in Brazil, yet we can't even make toothpicks!! What on earth are they supposed to lears from us? Horrible script writing? Or maybe our poor directing skils with scenes that go on for hours? The only Nigerian production that is really professionally done is Tinsel and Moments with Mo on M-net and of course that's only because M-net is involved with it.

Brazilians cannot be expert in everything  cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by obyann(f): 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2010
jmoore:

novice that know nothing about movie production, what good quality lies in our movie that could warrant Brazil to learn from us?

This has nothing to do with inferiority complex, I think Ignoranctic complex is what has blinded you

A Prophet is not recongnized in his own land
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by Princek12(m): 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2010
Brazilians are probably asking for help in areas such as making a hit movie with a small budget and under unfavorable conditions. Nigeria is a country where, for instance, you can make a hit movie using your Iphone camera, a $5,000 budget, and without adequate electricity. Remember, if they needed expertise with advance technology, they know the way to Hollywood, where, under favorable conditions, movies are produced with substantial budgets.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by latogng: 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2010
The problem with naija Movie indutries is not even with the artist themselves for me i think bunch of the faults lies with the producers and Directors, cuz artist doesnt dictate how a storyline should go, So really averagely the artist are not doing bad we just have bunch of directors that Sucks with annoying stories,
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by ebhohon: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2010
Nigeria is growing, their advise is now been sought for.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by proudly9ja(m): 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2010
There's no point arguing. If Brazil says they need our help, its because they see something that most of us can't see. That's how you know people who make breakthroughs, they see things others take for granted.

Just in case you don't know, many countries have come to Nigeria to learn. Singapore, Malaysia, etc. My only prayer is that this won't be another case of them coming to learn from us and while they are moving forward in their movie industry, we on our part move backwards.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by slap1(m): 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2010
The Brazillians can't all be so stewpid that they don't know what they want, and where to get it.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by UNLEASHED(m): 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2010
Never undera
jmoore:

I'm ashamed you underrated Nollywood, you forgot they ain't ahead of us in all ramifications?
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by candylips(m): 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2010
is this a joke cheesy
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by Thespecialone(m): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2010
if this is true, then they are definitely looking in the WRONG direction, at least for now.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by logica(m): 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2010
The best movie I have seen in a decade is titled "Cidade de Deus" (City of God). It was done in Brazil. I have no other comments, but hopefully anybody with a brain can get a clue.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by lordvamon(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2010
mighty lie of no value
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by Princek12(m): 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2010
I see that Gov. Fashola has an offer from the Brazilian Govt. to sign a memorandum of understanding that will let Nollywood teach Brazilians how to make home videos. Maybe I am missing something, but the article does not state whether the Brazilian Govt. would give something in exchange for the knowledge they would receive from Nollywood.

If Fashola did not negotiate from the Brazilians something in exchange for the knowledge that Nollywood would teach them, then he lacks bargaining skills, for Brazil is one of the world's largest renewable ethanol producer, and they can definitely teach us something to that effect. If Fashola is offering Nollywood's expertise only for bragging rights, then that will mean that he is an imprudent Gov.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by hackney(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2010
logica:

The best movie I have seen in a decade is titled "Cidade de Deus" (City of God). It was done in Brazil. I have no other comments, but hopefully anybody with a brain can get a clue.
^^^ nice film.

Also remember that malaysia learnt how to produce palm oil from us ; now look at them.
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by marcus1234: 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2010
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by Guyman02: 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2010
slap1:

They must be seeing something we ain't seeing.

You just said it all.  Do you know that Chinese are selling pirated Nollywood movies across Africa?
Did you see Genevieve on CNN the other shining. Even the Americans know the effect of Nollywood in Africa. Why is every presidential and govership aspirant seeking the face of Nollywood actors/actresses in their campaigns?
Did you watch the kind of reception Aki (mon) received in Namibia on NN24 the other day which was really overwhelming.
Go to Niger republic and Chad all they watch there is Hausa films, while Yoruba films are all over Benin republic and Togo. Lets value what we have in Naija (no apology to Aunty Dora).
Re: Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. by jmaine: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2010
hackney:

^^^ nice film.

Also remember that malaysia learnt how to produce palm oil from us ; now look at them.

Abeg help me educate them oo! They believe nothing Good can come out of Nigeria but i guess it's their opinion and definitely not mine.

proudly9ja:

There's no point arguing. If Brazil says they need our help, its because they see something that most of us can't see. That's how you know people who make breakthroughs, they see things others take for granted.

Just in case you don't know, many countries have come to Nigeria to learn. Singapore, Malaysia, etc. My only prayer is that this won't be another case of them coming to learn from us and while they are moving forward in their movie industry, we on our part move backwards.

They are yet to grasp that with more honesty in the psychic of every Nigerian and resources, Nigeria will be irrepressible. it just that we are sometimes too distracted to remained focused thereby falling behind

DapoBear:

The hatred Nigerians have for themselves is quite sad. Nobody is forcing the Brazilians to come learn, they are choosing to do so themselves. Who is wiser, you who say Nigeria has nothing to teach them or they who want to come to learn from the 2nd largest movie industry in the entire world?

They are the same people who have never tried in any reasonable way to make life in their immediate environment simpler yet they complain incessantly

jmoore:

You need to out grow that pessimist shell of yours cos your opinion will not change the course of any event

COMPAQ:

The uniqueness of our movie industry is the indigenization of most of the screen play. Though we still have areas to improve on but that does not change the facts that our movies are not appreciated across the Atlantic.  

Now what was your effort in addressing the boldened caption. All you ever do is sit and complain and not looking inwards to see what strength we have got to capitalize rather you scour around to see what you can complain about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diamond App Gotv Subscrpt / 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Prison Break / Useing Sim Card To Watch Dstv,mytv.hitv Etc For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.