Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Dealing With Engine Sludge - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Dealing With Engine Sludge (2669 Views)

My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal / Help I Am I Dealing With Wrong Agent?? / Products Of Our Company Dealing With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Engine Sludge by Npoto: 10:20am On Nov 25, 2010
Please people, what is the best way to remove sludge in a car engine,toyota corolla to be precise. Thanks for the anticipated helpful advice.
Re: Dealing With Engine Sludge by Globaltrux: 10:30pm On Nov 25, 2010
One quick way to get rid of heavy sludge in your engine, run the engine up to operating temperature,
drain the old oil from the engine, change the oil filter.

Now refill the engine with a mixture of new engine oil and parafin (kerosene), recommend 25% oil & 75% parafin.

Fit new oil filter,
Start the engine ===DO NOT REV THE ENGINE=== let it run for about 5 minutes, check that the oil pressure light is NOT lit, if gauge fitted check that some oil pressure is regestering, it does not need to be high and should not do any harm.

If sludging is very heavy you may need to repeat the process.

You should also check what has made the oil sludge in the first place, you may in fact have a cylinder Head gasket problem.

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Iain
Re: Dealing With Engine Sludge by Akpuoru: 9:16am On Nov 26, 2010
Am not too sure but I hear there is a product called engine flush, which helps to flush the engine of sludge.You drain the oil, leaving the oil filter.Pour in the flush and start the car.Allow to idle for about 15 to 20 mins,then drain the flush.Put a new filter and pour in a synthetic oil.You will have to change the oil after few weeks.
Re: Dealing With Engine Sludge by Akpuoru: 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2010
undecided
Re: Dealing With Engine Sludge by octar6: 6:00pm On Nov 26, 2010
now here is wot to do.
buy a can of engine flush,do not remove the old oil yet ,pour the engine flush it into the engine oil compactment of the car and run the engine for 3 to 5 mins,so that the oil will mix with the engine flush.
After which u switch off your engine and ask ur mechanic to drian off the oil from beneath the car.u must also remove the engine oil filter after draining the oil.After draining the oil, u can now add the new one into its compactment,2 gether with a new oil filter and your good to go. grin
I hope this helps.
Re: Dealing With Engine Sludge by sultaan(m): 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2010
There are links in this thread on how people are dealing with sludge.

You may have to remove oil pan and valve cover first to know what you are dealing with.

Its going to be ugly, but that is what you get if a car is not properly maintained.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-390445.0.html

(1) (Reply)

3months Used 06/07 Honda Accord *discussion Continue*SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Toyota Rav 4- 98 Model Naija Used / Toyota Camry 2009 Xle Full Option For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.