Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake (4255 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Yeta Odusanya, Anthony Joshua's Mother Pictured With Him In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Prompto: 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
Andy Ruiz Jr may have four world title belts, but he's still playing the role of humble challenger ahead of his heavyweight rematch with Anthony Joshua.

He lured Joshua into a false sense of security in New York back in June and the California-born fighter has been equally understated in Riyadh this week.

Spirits were high at the pre-fight gala dinner on Thursday evening and Ruiz was spotted giving his opponent's mother a friendly handshake. The pair smiled as they exchanged pleasantries after the meal at the Al Faisaliah Hotel.

Joshua was also pictured kissing his mother Yeta Odusanya on the forehead and was seated next to her throughout the evening.

Joshua is likely to weigh-in under 17st for the first time in four years when he steps on the scales on Friday, and the 30-year-old has revealed his tactics ahead of the biggest night of his career.

'For me, take centre. If I'm six inches in front of Ruiz, all takes for a man to miss a punch is six inches,' he told reporters. 'So sometimes you haven't even got to be running around the ring.

'I asked him upstairs, I said: "How do I beat you, then?" He says: "Maybe, you should move around a little." The fighters are expected to ring walk on Saturday at approximately 8:45pm with the first bell scheduled for 9pm.

Source: DailyMail

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Officialgarri: 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
He should have punched the woman so the fight can start from there cheesy

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Brandstudio01: 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
Love and unity!
That's why the game is all about.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by edo3(m): 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
My guy,, even though he doesn't know me

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by helinues: 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hope the fight wont be another WWE

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Agarli(m): 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
J baba shouldn't f*uck up dis time o...
But if he does Sha o, it's nothing cos life goes on
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by ValCon888: 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
Anthony Joshua should not underestimate this Ruiz Junior. The Mexican is a proper agbero with coconut head.
But this Joshua's mum has strong mind sha. Her son is fighting a world title fight in a few hours and she still has the mind to finish the whole food on her plate.

16 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Earlystar698(m): 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2019
i pray one person win the belt shaa

I hear say Sowore have been rearrested oya My ewedu eaters that is specialize in abusing IPOB and Biafra the match is now 1:2 DSS is leading with enough margin
likes for Freedom of speech, and Abuse under Jonathan governmnext and under Saraki tenure...

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by sweetonugbu: 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2019
Waiting
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by mercyville: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2019
Earlystar698:

I hear say Sowore have been rearrested oya My ewedu eaters that is specialize in abusing IPOB and Biafra the match is now 1:2 DSS is leading with enough margin
likes for Freedom of speech, and Abuse under Jonathan governmnext and under Saraki tenure...

Thank you,Oha guzzler.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by emeijeh(m): 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hope Ruiz also saw DJ Cuppy Coffee
Her NOTICE ME must not be in vain. cheesy
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by johnkay1(m): 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
Humble
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Earlystar698(m): 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2019
mercyville:

Thank you,Oha guzzler.
go protest before ur brother rotten in DSS custody grin
mercyville:

Thank you,Oha guzzler.
go protest before ur brother rotten in DSS custody

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Foolishbuhari: 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2019
I come dey like this Andy Ruiz guy... E be like person when no get wahala plus his smile... Lol
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by papagiddy(m): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2019
Na to do christmas in side cell remain NOW!!! When he was Abusing Jonathan up and down in 2015 , he don forget? When he was shouting change change in 2015 he don forget? Serves him right!!!!
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Bewiseedet(m): 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2019
Goodluck Ruiz
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Prompto: 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2019
Your father n grandfather perished hating Yorubas. Your unborn generation is already doomed judging from the hate your life is engulfed in.
Earlystar698:

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Earlystar698(m): 2:50pm On Dec 06, 2019
Prompto:
Your father n grandfather perished hating Yorubas. Your unborn generation is already doomed judging from the hate your life is engulfed in.
E pain grin ,, I will not place a cures on you because I still want you to see us , me my father and children shine.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Lamasta(m): 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2019
This is celebration in anticipation of millions of dollars coming after the re-match even if it is win/lose grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by JBoy9(m): 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2019
Officialgarri:

He wouldn't .They are professionals
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by careytommy37(m): 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2019
Officialgarri:

undecided undecided undecided undecided
How about I punch you
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Horus(m): 3:56pm On Dec 06, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QppsMYl8-Yo

Andy Ruiz & Anthony Joshua Face-Off For Final Time Ahead Of Giant Rematch
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by meobizy(f): 4:13pm On Dec 06, 2019
Andy Ruiz don hammer. I’m sure this is his biggest break in boxing coupled with the fact that he’ll win again. Where are those people betting on Anthony Joshua? My bank account needs some fattening.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by partnerbizn5(m): 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
Joys of motherhood.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Dreyl(m): 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hope AJ won't disappoint us again
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by generationz(f): 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2019
So, he should have punched her? undecided

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by damtan(m): 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2019
Ruiz's boxing record is crazy. If AJ is not careful, the score would become 2 - 0.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by chigozie007(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
Prompto:
Andy Ruiz Jr may have four world title belts, but he's still playing the role of humble challenger ahead of his heavyweight rematch with Anthony Joshua.

He lured Joshua into a false sense of security in New York back in June and the California-born fighter has been equally understated in Riyadh this week.

Spirits were high at the pre-fight gala dinner on Thursday evening and Ruiz was spotted giving his opponent's mother a friendly handshake. The pair smiled as they exchanged pleasantries after the meal at the Al Faisaliah Hotel.

Joshua was also pictured kissing his mother Yeta Odusanya on the forehead and was seated next to her throughout the evening.

Joshua is likely to weigh-in under 17st for the first time in four years when he steps on the scales on Friday, and the 30-year-old has revealed his tactics ahead of the biggest night of his career.

'For me, take centre. If I'm six inches in front of Ruiz, all takes for a man to miss a punch is six inches,' he told reporters. 'So sometimes you haven't even got to be running around the ring.

'I asked him upstairs, I said: "How do I beat you, then?" He says: "Maybe, you should move around a little." The fighters are expected to ring walk on Saturday at approximately 8:45pm with the first bell scheduled for 9pm.

Source: DailyMail

Nice Gesture but done at the wrong time to upset A . J, Thats a week move because he knows A.J is going to whoop him, A player of his pedigree should not have shown his hand. In the spirit of sportsmanship they will be going home with some good pot of money to sustain their families and they have the a good life.
I wish them the best luck they can find.

Have a great day Great Nairalanders..
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Greets Anthony Joshua's Mother With Friendly Handshake by Sukueponmalu: 6:35pm On Dec 06, 2019
Okay

Sexiest Black Football Players / Latest: Wage row between Okocha and Bolton wanderers / Breaking News! LIVE EPL Football Lands On Startimes