Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,423 members, 7,954,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January (23699 Views)

5 Times PL Clubs Regretted Breaking The Bank To Sign Players From Real Madrid / Samson Siasia: Life-Ban Reduced To Five Years By Court Of Arbitration For Sport / Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by milkyworld(m): 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
Splendid!
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by ForeThinker: 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
shocked
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by CSTR2: 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2019
KTBFFH
KTBFFH
KTBFFH

England go hear am.

Jadon Sancho is first order of business.

Chilwell in the summer.

Be afraid, you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by Taiwojon(m): 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2019
[quote author=Narldon post=84681450]

Ever Since I made the decision to resign as Arsenal Fan and join Liverpool, my health has been improving gradually! I've never felt this strong. Thank you Lord. cheesy

[/quote
why bring arsenal to this nah?
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by temmytopsy1(f): 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2019
nowwoam:
VIDEO OF SE*X TAPE OF HOT BAB COCK STU*DENTS LEAKS ONLINE COLLECT Dl*CK DOGGILY

Video has surfaced online showing two Bab cock stu dents having S*ex in their sch ool clinic without protection on. The video has since caused a stir online and is now trending as many have since began to share their thoughts on the video.

WATCH AND DOWNLOAD HERE
if she's your sister will you still be posting this rubbish?
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by Mukky76: 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2019
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by oloriLFC(f): 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
Narldon:

Ever Since I made the decision to resign as Arsenal Fan and join Liverpool, my health has been improving gradually! I've never felt this strong. Thank you Lord. cheesy

welcome to the family but you're still a fair-weather supporter tho
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by sanemind4(m): 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
Get High Definition movies on your External hard drive, if you are in Port Harcourt, or get a New One with Movies inside if you are Nigeria. Check Signature for number
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by oloriLFC(f): 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
CSTR2:
KTBFFH
KTBFFH
KTBFFH

England go hear am.

Jadon Sancho is first order of business.

Chilwell in the summer.

Be afraid, you all.
I talk am!

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by CSTR2: 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2019
logon599:
A lot of good things happening around Chelsea right now. I congratulate them.

Though the biggest mistake Lampard can make right now is to sign one big money player in January that will refuse to sit on the bench and ends up spoiling the team's dynamic and spirit. If he must sign in January it should be squad players that can be used to rotate the current squad to keep them fresh during the end of season push
Bullshitt.
Chelsea is done with buying squad players.
Squad players like drinkwater barkley bakayoko are responsible for the mediocrity we currently are in.
If we need squad players, we will get it from our academy.

We have a lot of money to spend. I would rather we blow it on two good world class players to elevate the team.

We have lost against all the big teams this seaaon, so obviously, our squad need better players to ensure top 4.

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by Angelfrost(m): 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2019
Thank God... Get some bloody decent defenders, and a winger with the pace/skill of Mane, and the deadly crossing ability of Trent Alexander.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by fredoooooo: 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
Ope o
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by stealmatic(m): 4:23pm On Dec 06, 2019
ogbiwa:
Chelsea can sign players in January after having their Fifa transfer ban reduced following an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The Premier League side were given a two-window ban by Fifa in February for breaching rules on signing young players.

Cas halved the ban to one window, which was served during the summer.

It also reduced the fine for the London club from 600,000 to 300,000 Swiss francs (£230,000).

Chelsea play Everton on Saturday (12:30 GMT) and manager Frank Lampard said talk of transfers at the club was now "a discussion we can take up".

"It's a positive outcome for us," he said. "It allows us the potential to look at the market going forward.

"So I'm pleased from a footballing level. It was never my business to get involved in the reasons why or the legal side of it."

Chelsea were given a transfer ban after 150 rule breaches involving 69 academy players over several seasons, according to the judgement published by Fifa.

Cas found that the Blues "did violate" rules "related to the international transfer of minors" and "to the first registration of minors" but "for a significantly smaller number of players" amounting to "about a third of the violations found by Fifa".

The Cas verdict added: "In addition, the violations of other RSTP (Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players) rules were found to be less serious than those attributed to Chelsea by Fifa."

Details of the case which was recently published on a Fifa legal website showed Chelsea claimed many academy players were only triallists and did not play in organised matches.

Chelsea lodged an appeal to Cas against the Fifa punishment, which was also prompted by an investigation into the Premier League club's signing of foreign under-18 players.

Fifa bans the transfer of under-18s to different countries unless the moves meet strict criteria, such as the parents moving to the country for non-footballing reasons.

The rules were introduced to help protect children from exploitation and trafficking.

Chelsea will be gratified at the conclusion that their transgressions were nowhere near as severe as they originally seemed.

Clearly, Frank Lampard has most reason to celebrate.

It would be wrong to say he hasn't had any new players. Christian Pulisic might have been signed from Borussia Dortmund in January but he only joined the Blues in the summer. In addition, Chelsea officials took advantage of a clause in Mateo Kovacic's loan from Real Madrid to turn that in a permanent deal.

But now he can make the additions he wants.

The question is, after doing far better than most outsiders expected, and with his side looking good for a top-four spot, will Lampard risk disrupting the squad dynamic by signing players next month?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50668975
put copied
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by Jerkules: 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2019
CSTR2:

Bullshitt.
Chelsea is done with buying squad players.
Squad players like drinkwater barkley bakayoko are responsible for the mediocrity we currently are in.
If we need squad players, we will get it from our academy.

We have a lot of money to spend. I would rather we blow it on two good world class players to elevate the team.

We have lost against all the big teams this seaaon, so obviously, our squad need better players to ensure top 4.
Winning Big teams doesn't guarantee you Top 4,Ask ManU and Wolves

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by asatemple(f): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2019
Better, lets see if something will happen
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by Emmanuel226(m): 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2019
Yes oh, we're gonna take d EPL by Storm
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by SctDonald(m): 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2019
Good news for the Blues...
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by CSTR2: 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2019
Jerkules:
Winning Big teams doesn't guarantee you Top 4,Ask ManU and Wolves
We lost against westham.

Getting squad players in an average team like Chelsea is a pure waste of money and won't guarantee top 4 either.

How many world class players do you have that you want to waste money on squad players?
When did Chelsea become Manchester city?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by Jokkarm2: 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2019
Is a good and impressive decision so far but chelsea should not be too fast to sign or replace players because they are doing pretty well with the young and talented players they have on ground. if extremely necessary to sign players , it should be few because they have come to be best team and they also have the potential to be best of the best.

As a Data analyst in my office, i can also analyze ball a little.

i no try

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by PaaRichie5(m): 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2019
anochuko01:

Rather buy players to consolidate on the gains they've made over united, arsenal and spurs. They're still behind Leicester and could over take city.
Strengthing the team could actually make them get a title this season

Truth is Chelsea has performed beyond all expectations prior to the start of the season. Consolidate the gains made and strengthen when the season ends.
Not to sound pessimistic but winning the title this season is too much of a stretch. Top four, a domestic trophy and a good run in the Champions league will be a very successful season. Chelsea is transitioning very well compared to United and Arsenal.
My point is guard against rocking what looks like a steady boat.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by ItzEminence(m): 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
Let's see how it goes then... Because sometimes you can sign players and they will not come out good thereby putting the Coach in pressure.
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by CSTR2: 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
PaaRichie5:

Truth is Chelsea has performed beyond all expectations prior to the start of the season. Consolidate the gains made and strengthen when the season ends.
Not to sound pessimistic but winning the title this season is too much of a stretch. Top four, a domestic trophy and a good run in the Champions league will be a very successful season. Chelsea is transitioning very well compared to United and Arsenal.
My point is guard against rocking what looks like a steady boat.
And when the season is over, are we going to just throw away the squad players when we need to really strengthen?
Re: Chelsea Transfer Ban Reduced After Appeal, Free To Sign Players In January by Renforce: 4:33pm On Dec 06, 2019
logon599:
A lot of good things happening around Chelsea right now. I congratulate them.

Though the biggest mistake Lampard can make right now is to sign one big money player in January that will refuse to sit on the bench and ends up spoiling the team's dynamic and spirit. If he must sign in January it should be squad players that can be used to rotate the current squad to keep them fresh during the end of season push

Facts!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs France Prediction / Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United / Moses Simon's Sister, Hauwa Dies During Child Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.