Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,368 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:43 PM

What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? (526 Views)

Peteside: I Will Congratulate President-elect When Court Proves INEC Result / Wike: Nobody Obeyed IPOB's Sit At Home Order In Rivers / INEC Replies Oshiomhole: We Obeyed Supreme Court On Bayelsa Like We Did On Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by BlackboiNero(m): 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
I've been thinking about Sowore's fight with the DSS. Sowore's been in DSS' custody for over two months, with secret police failing to obey two baiks orders from the court and set him free. Well he was released for only a few hours and he's back in the DSS custody after a High court gave the police a 24hrs ultimatum to release him. I doubt if he was released cos of the court's order though. Back to the topic, I've been wondering what the judiciary would if the court's final order wasn't obeyed, what weapon would the judiciary use against the DSS. I mean the executive controls the police(including the DSS), the army, airforce and all, how would the Judiciary persecute the DSS for not obeying the law. If foreign countries were to intervene, they would so with caution because Nigeria is a sovereign nation. So I'd like to know more from Nairalanders what the Judiciary would do if the law wasn't obeyed.
Re: What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by backnbeta(f): 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
In Nigeria? Nothing undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by BlackboiNero(m): 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2019
backnbeta:
In Nigeria? Nothing undecided
Na lie... Something must happen
Re: What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by angelEmade: 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2019
when FG is involved...pls forget it

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by Snipper007: 6:37pm On Dec 06, 2019
Anarchy and tyranny
Re: What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by ojun50(m): 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2019
Notting oooh
We are just moving to the next dreamer tomorrow
Re: What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by Emancipator001: 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2019
This is a very serious issue. All legal experts with diplomatic experience should please contribute. As it stands, Nigeria is in a state of anarchy.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by Built2last: 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2019
The president and his kitchen cabinet is behind this evil.

Tinubu dare not talk. They are seriously arranging his can of worms. Waiting to unleash against him by end of next year.

Next level to sweet
Re: What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by BlackboiNero(m): 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2019
I fear all these comments above
Re: What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by diegwu02: 6:51pm On Dec 06, 2019
An example of what may happen to another person who whispers "Revolution" is what is happening to Sowore now.
No Government in the world jokes with any attempt to topple it even in the Worlds so called best democracies
Re: What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by chigoziri2403(m): 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2019
In Nigeria, nothing happens
We go on with our usual routine
Re: What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by criminalmindz: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
the khaki boys will strike
Re: What Happens When Court Orders Are Not Obeyed? by ursullalinda(f): 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2019
It just sad....something has to happen

(1) (Reply)

How New AMCON Boss Helped CBN Gov, Emefiele, Cover-up Missing N500bn / What’s Worse Than World Leaders Laughing At The U.S.? / BREAKING: US President, Donald Trump Impeached!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.