Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,979 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia (8084 Views)

Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out / Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man / Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by Me77: 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2019
It's been over a week since I ordered for a HP laptop from jumia, so I paid using their online payment system 'jumia pay'.

My money was deducted but the transaction was unsuccessful. I have been calling jumia customer care line since last week but they keep on posting me.

They said I should wait for 2 - 5 working days before my money will be refunded, it is over a week now and I have not seen anything sad

I have been making constant calls for the past 2 days and they seems they've no answer to the problem which they put me through sad

I have checked my jumia wallet, given them the order number and all the information they asked but nothing seems promising sad

Please someone should help me get my hard earned money from jumia sad

3 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by theManOfGod(m): 9:40pm On Dec 06, 2019
Kindly exercise patience. The issue would be resolved. I speak from experience. Just make sure the details you provide are correct.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by suco01(m): 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2019
They will surely refund u exercise more patiece

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by Niceman4u(m): 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
They will surely refund ur money. I was once in this situation and my money was refunded within 2weeks. But u shud not relent in calling them o o.

5 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by Seizure: 1:06am On Dec 07, 2019
That is how they delivered a wrong shoe size to me and then they promised to come pick it up. That was how they kept posting me here and there until, after much posting i got tired and stopped calling them.
Last 2 years, i bought a phone from them that stopped working (ie died as in dead) after 3weeks. Jumia said global items did not have warranty so that was how i lost 45k.
Jumia has become seriously unreliable.
I have vowed to stop patronizing them. It is that Simple! .

7 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by meobizy(f): 1:30am On Dec 07, 2019
Online shopping in Nigeria is dead. I tried to buy a laptop, probably the same model and price you purchased but it declined after payment, saying out-of-stock. I got my money back into the Jumia wallet. I am still waiting for the cash to transfer back into my bank account.

Last last na to buy product from person sure pass. I’ve purchased a better albeit more expensive laptop straight from the manufacturer. No more Jumia, Konga, Dealdey and the likes for me.

7 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by GEOANDSONS: 4:59am On Dec 07, 2019
As an Ex CS agent now Jumia Vendor, Patience is the Key, you have to be patient.

meobizy:
I got my money back into the Jumia wallet. I am still waiting for the cash to transfer back into my bank account.

Last last na to buy product from person sure pass. I’ve purchased a better albeit more expensive laptop straight from the manufacturer. No more Jumia, Konga, Dealdey and the likes for me.
I believe you would have to effect the transfer from your Wallet.

Just one small issue, everybody crucify Jumia, but the customers wouldn't blow up the internet, when they don't pick up their Pay on Delivery orders or cancels the order after all Shipping and Logistics has been made.

6 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 07, 2019
same here.... jumia reps keep lying up and down
Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by possibilita(m): 6:32am On Dec 07, 2019
Me77:
It's been over a week since I ordered for a HP laptop from jumia, so I paid using their online payment system 'jumia pay'.

My money was deducted but the transaction was unsuccessful. I have been calling jumia customer care line since last week but they keep on posting me.

They said I should wait for 2 - 5 working days before my money will be refunded, it is over a week now and I have not seen anything sad

I have been making constant calls for the past 2 days and they seems they've no answer to the problem which they put me through sad

I have checked my jumia wallet, given them the order number and all the information they asked but nothing seems promising sad

be patient, it will be refunded, you can contact on whatsapp if you are not credited by Monday let me see Wat I can do 08-13-80-96-1-35

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by Bluehill1051: 6:41am On Dec 07, 2019
I bought rice from jumia. 50kg, it's been 1 week 2 days today. What is paining me is that I've already paid. Maybe they want to deliver on Christmas day gan gan.
This means, everyday since I ordered, my eye dey road maybe they'll come today. Na so I dey buy cup of rice since too. Once I get my rice or my money, jumia is dead to me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by suco01(m): 7:00am On Dec 07, 2019
My best advice if your money wasn't refunded by Monday. tweet/DM them on Twitter u go see as them go dey call you and find solution..

3 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by mu2sa2: 7:43am On Dec 07, 2019
I dont think its advisable to buy eletronic items online. If there's probem and you are asked to return the item, wahala de especially if you live far away - imagine sending a 55 inch tv back to lagos from Yola or bauchi. Why not buy at a local store and save yourself from headaches.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by Bflexing(m): 8:03am On Dec 07, 2019
1. Take it up with your bank, they should be able to help and log it against the recipient bank (jumia bank) especially if u have a screenshot of the unsuccessful transaction message or can prove it with facts, it will help to make the process faster.

2. Call them out on Twitter, tag correct people and attach evidence of deduction from bank. U can also tag @fccpcnigeria, they are slow (guess this is because they have alot of cases) but would definitely help. U can copy babatunde irukera
Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by femi4: 8:35am On Dec 07, 2019
Me77:

Use twitter ....they don't like being reported on social media especially twitter

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by yungrylex00(m): 8:54am On Dec 07, 2019
Call your bank too
Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by Me77: 9:02am On Dec 07, 2019
Niceman4u:
They will surely refund ur money. I was once in this situation and my money was refunded within 2weeks. But u shud not relent in calling them o o.
I wouldn't relent in calling them, even this morning I will call them.
Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by Me77: 9:04am On Dec 07, 2019
possibilita:
be patient, it will be refunded, you can contact on whatsapp if you are not credited by Monday let me see Wat I can do 08-13-80-96-1-35
Thanks, I will be patiently waiting.
Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 07, 2019
meobizy:

I got my money back into the Jumia wallet. I am still waiting for the cash to transfer back into my bank account.

Simply go to

1. pay.

2. Log in

3. Click on withdraw

4. Scroll to bank transfer

5. Fill in bank details

5. Withdraw!

Hope this helps.

Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by meobizy(f): 10:33am On Dec 07, 2019
GEOANDSONS:
As an Ex CS agent now Jumia Vendor, Patience is the Key, you have to be patient.

I believe you would have to effect the transfer from your Wallet.

Just one small issue, everybody crucify Jumia, but the customers wouldn't blow up the internet, when they don't pick up their Pay on Delivery orders or cancels the order after all Shipping and Logistics has been made.
It is the company’s responsibility to create protocols to avoid such. Find a name-and-shame scheme or whatever it is or keep the product around so someone else can have it to buy. The laptop I selected at the price will have another person quickly purchase it but still the company didn’t have one in stock. Well, nothing concern me, they won’t come across my hard earned money again.
Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by meobizy(f): 10:35am On Dec 07, 2019
marimaar:

Simply go to

1. Pay.

2. Log in

3. Click on withdraw

4. Scroll to bank transfer

5. Fill in bank details

5. Withdraw!

Hope this helps.
Yes. Thank you. I’ve done all those. I’m waiting for the money to come in now. After two working days I’ll start calling their customer care service.
Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 07, 2019
meobizy:

Yes. Thank you. I’ve done all those. I’m waiting for the money to come in now. After two working days I’ll start calling their customer care service.
Alright then. Just have patience. It will surely drop to your account.
Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by drugcartel: 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2019
Seizure:
That is how they delivered a wrong shoe size to me and then they promised to come pick it up. That was how they kept posting me here and there until, after much posting i got tired and stopped calling them.
Last 2 years, i bought a phone from them that stopped working (ie died as in dead) after 3weeks. Jumia said global items did not have warranty so that was how i lost 45k.
Jumia has become seriously unreliable.
I have vowed to stop patronizing them. It is that Simple! .
this is serious ooo
Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by LadySwitz: 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2019
Bluehill1051:
I bought rice from jumia. 50kg, it's been 1 week 2 days today. What is paining me is that I've already paid. Maybe they want to deliver on Christmas day gan gan.
This means, everyday since I ordered, my eye dey road maybe they'll come today. Na so I dey buy cup of rice since too. Once I get my rice or my money, jumia is dead to me

Lmao grin grin

Excuse me pls, i found your post so funny.
Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by meobizy(f): 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2019
Jumia sent my money back today. It was a one day thing. I called and they told me in detail how to transfer the fund from my wallet into my bank account. I still won’t use the service or advice someone to. One disappointment from them is more than enough.
Re: Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia by jasperwilson87(m): 5:00pm On May 26, 2020
meobizy:
Online shopping in Nigeria is dead. I tried to buy a laptop, probably the same model and price you purchased but it declined after payment, saying out-of-stock. I got my money back into the Jumia wallet. I am still waiting for the cash to transfer back into my bank account.

How did you manage to get your money back from the Wallet to your account

(1) (Reply)

Are You Kidding Me...you Can Now Transfer Between Pc And Android Without Usb Cab / Airtel Introduce New Internet Data Plans That Gives You 11GB For 2000 And 22GB F / I Just Got The S9+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.