Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) (2874 Views)

Bedridden Policeman Cries For Help Over Eviction Notice From Fed Govt [PHOTO / Nigerian Policeman Tenders Resignation Over Poor Pay, Inability To Feed - PHOTO / See Where This Nigerian Policeman Took His Gun For Repair: Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by jamespeter10(m): 12:01am On Dec 07, 2019
An Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), Mukaila Lamidi, lives on the outskirt of Sango-Ota, at a place popularly called Ntabo Ijoko in Ogun State.

The road to his residence is a nightmare. The reporter reached his home that fateful Saturday at about 8am. A walk into his almost bare sitting-room found the sick Mukaila, sleeping in foetal form on a threadbare couch. Even in his sleeping state, he looked sick and pale.

The most arresting and valuable item in the sitting was his award, received from former Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), for gallantry and Service Excellence.

The award, lovingly framed in a glass, took pride of place in the house. His wife, Afisat Lamidi, who looked tired and broken, ushered the reporter further into the room.

She tried to shake him awake. “Wake up! Wake up! You have a visitor.”

Mukaila opened his eyes and stared groggily at everyone. The wife signed and said: “Since the sickness started, he has been losing his memories. When he talks sometimes, he doesn’t make sense. I was worried and scared, but I heard that’s what this kidney sickness does to people. We have spent everything! Right now, we’re looking up to God, Lagos State Government and well-meaning Nigerians to assist us.”

The reporter tried to engage the ailing man in a chat, but his responses sounded muddled. Afisat sighed loudly again, looked at the reporter, shrugged with a look that says, “What did I tell you?”

Within minutes, Mukaila said that he wanted to urinate. A young man, who had been sitting in the room and watching everything, quickly got up to assist him. Mukaila can no longer walk unaided. When he stood, it was like a gust of wind would blow him away. This was the same policeman that had confronted gang of militant bank robbers, earning him an award for gallantry.

Mukaila is attached to the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command. He enlisted into the Police Force 1988. He is 59 years old.

It was early this year that his family discovered that Mukaila was always feeling feverish. They thought it was Malaria, but also felt it was becoming too constant.

Afisat recalled: “The whole thing started with just a fever. We went to Federal Medical Centre, Abeokuta (FMC). When we got there, he was diagnosed of Kidney Failure. We started treatment in March. We’ve been going for dialysis since then. We were eventually told that we would need to take him for a kidney transplant.”

Afisat explained that Mukaila was on his sick bed when his promotion to the rank of an ASP was announced. The couple has five children, but none of them is financially capable of tackling their father’s failing health.

She said that whenever Mukaila’s salary comes, they quickly use it for his dialysis.

When Mukaila was first admitted in hospital, Afisat alerted his boss, a Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) in charge of RRS, Mr Olatunji Disu.

Afisat said that the man, on two different occasions assisted them with money from his personal account.

She said: “I went to his office to let them that he has health challenge. I went back a second time with an official letter, asking for financial assistance. At that point, I was praying that Governor Sanwo-Olu would help us. I heard then that the governor was not around. Disu later sent his assistant to come and check my husband at the hospital. Since then, we’ve not heard anything. We are spending too much on dialysis. The dialysis is three times in a week and each costs N50, 000. Meanwhile his salary is just N120, 000, which is what we use for his dialysis. I can’t even begin to recollect what we’ve spent on drugs. He used to get blood transfusion twice a week.”

Afisat said that it was Dr Adebsisi, working at FMC that assisted them in finding out the cost of the transplant in a hospital in Abuja. The cost was placed at N12million.

“I have borrowed money from cooperative to the tune of N1.5million because of my husband’s health. We have spent roughly N8million since March on his health. His salary couldn’t tackle the dialysis. Right now, we’re supposed to have gone for dialysis since two weeks, but we had no money.”

Mukaila is presently experiencing the other side of life. Indeed, he was one of the policemen that confronted a gang of robbers that stormed the then Oceanic Bank in 2009. The agile, ferocious lion has now become as weak as a kitten.

Afisat recounted: “My husband saved the bank. He didn’t allow the robbers to gain access into the bank. He was instructed to go to the scene of the robbery, right when the robbers were operating. The robbers came through the waterways. Police killed four among the robbers. In fact, an inspector was killed in that operation.”

Afisat, who said that Mukaila had fought criminals several times and came out a victor, recalled that some few years ago, militant pipeline vandals went to Igando to siphon fuel from vandalised NNPC lines. Mukaila was instructed to go to the place.

He and other policemen confronted the militants. It was a gruelling and bloody confrontation, which left Mukaila riddled with pellets, but the policemen defeated the militants. Mukaila was later taken to hospital, where the pellets were removed.

At the Agbado area of Lagos State, in 2002, robbers attacked and shot Mukaila on his shoulder and palm. He was rushed to hospital, where he battled for life and survived. Mukaila was back then like a cat with nine lives.

It was because of his outstanding gallantry during the Oceanic Bank Robbery, that Fashola picked an interest in his valour and thought it fitting to bequeath him with the Award for Gallantry and Service Excellence.

When our reporter contacted Disu on Mukaila’s case, he disclosed that the Lagos State Government, through its security trust fund, was already mapping out money to assist the sick Mukaila for a transplant. The money, however, is yet to be seen, while Mukaila still groans in pains and is getting weak every day.

Afisat said that she would be quite appreciative if well-meaning Nigerians can assist her to raise enough money for Mukaila’s weekly dialysis and kidney transplant. She said: “Right now, even N200 is not too much. If everyone gives of N200, N500 or N1000, it would amount to something when pooled. I just don’t know what else to do or who else to run to. I can’t sit down, watching my husband dying without doing something. I need help.”

Lamidi Mukailam A, FCMB: 2117869014

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/12/dying-nigerian-policeman-cries-out-for.html

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Azmanaty: 12:02am On Dec 07, 2019
Karma grin

Since the day Highway patrol robbed me and almost killed me at Okene-Lokoja highway was the day I lost any atom of sympathy for them popo. Their sorrow and agony is my happiness. He should rot in hell in advance!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by jamespeter10(m): 12:03am On Dec 07, 2019
Lol hmm sad
Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by jamespeter10(m): 12:03am On Dec 07, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Kestolove(m): 12:06am On Dec 07, 2019
Na curse dey follow am so

3 Likes

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by SEGLIZ: 12:12am On Dec 07, 2019
Azmanaty:
Karma grin

Since the day Highway patrol robbed me and almost killed me at Okene-Lokoja highway was the day I lost any atom of sympathy for them popo. He should rot in hell!

let he that is without sin cast the first stone.
just that one cat is bad all cats are bad, I presume that is your theory.

1 Like

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Azmanaty: 12:13am On Dec 07, 2019
SEGLIZ:

My theory is that they are ALL BAD!

6 Likes

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by SEGLIZ: 12:14am On Dec 07, 2019
Kestolove:
Na curse dey follow am so

why is this same curse not following our polithiefcian?

1 Like

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Scream(m): 12:18am On Dec 07, 2019
May God have mercy on me...why is my heart failing me? I should just have an atom of pity na. ���

5 Likes

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Kestolove(m): 12:18am On Dec 07, 2019
SEGLIZ:

why is this same curse not following our polithiefcian?
na turn by turn if dia time reach, God go open dia own book.

5 Likes

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by olureignforever: 12:20am On Dec 07, 2019
Azmanaty:
Karma grin

Since the day Highway patrol robbed me and almost killed me at Okene-Lokoja highway was the day I lost any atom of sympathy for them popo. He should rot in hell in advance!

Please bro, don't be insensitive to people's plight because of heartless few. No one is above sickness. I pray help come his way urgently. Kidney problem no be child's play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by sLentlover7778(m): 12:34am On Dec 07, 2019
We need police report first, before we can help grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by DaBullIT(m): 2:13am On Dec 07, 2019
zero fvcks given

Police is evil , 99.999% of them

3 Likes

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by DoubleEngine007: 4:06am On Dec 07, 2019
sLentlover7778:
We need police report first, before we can help grin grin grin
Very important o grin. He for kuku say he needs help,without telling people he is a policeman.. Getting help would have been easier.

4 Likes

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by GreenArrow1(m): 4:27am On Dec 07, 2019
Hard pass.
Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by CaptainStephen(m): 4:49am On Dec 07, 2019
The posts above are sickening
Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Godfullsam(m): 5:39am On Dec 07, 2019
May helps locate him in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by seunlayi(m): 5:43am On Dec 07, 2019
God will help us all. This us saddening

1 Like

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by darthv: 5:46am On Dec 07, 2019
Use the 50 naira you collect from motorist and help your self

3 Likes

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by cassidy1996(m): 6:03am On Dec 07, 2019
i just feel for him.........
Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by idu1(m): 6:20am On Dec 07, 2019
Bad.
Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by backnbeta(f): 6:46am On Dec 07, 2019
Some of them seized every available opportunity to do bad...but I end up being moved to pity when I see them helpless. May help come his way...nobody knows tomorrow undecided
Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Asquare84(m): 6:52am On Dec 07, 2019
Azmanaty:
Karma grin

Since the day Highway patrol robbed me and almost killed me at Okene-Lokoja highway was the day I lost any atom of sympathy for them popo. He should rot in hell in advance!

Since the sick man was not the one that robbed you whatsoever you wish him will come back to you
Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Asquare84(m): 6:55am On Dec 07, 2019
jamespeter10:
An Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), Mukaila Lamidi, lives on the outskirt of Sango-Ota, at a place popularly called Ntabo Ijoko in Ogun State.

The road to his residence is a nightmare. The reporter reached his home that fateful Saturday at about 8am. A walk into his almost bare sitting-room found the sick Mukaila, sleeping in foetal form on a threadbare couch. Even in his sleeping state, he looked sick and pale.

The most arresting and valuable item in the sitting was his award, received from former Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), for gallantry and Service Excellence.

The award, lovingly framed in a glass, took pride of place in the house. His wife, Afisat Lamidi, who looked tired and broken, ushered the reporter further into the room.

She tried to shake him awake. “Wake up! Wake up! You have a visitor.”

Mukaila opened his eyes and stared groggily at everyone. The wife signed and said: “Since the sickness started, he has been losing his memories. When he talks sometimes, he doesn’t make sense. I was worried and scared, but I heard that’s what this kidney sickness does to people. We have spent everything! Right now, we’re looking up to God, Lagos State Government and well-meaning Nigerians to assist us.”

The reporter tried to engage the ailing man in a chat, but his responses sounded muddled. Afisat sighed loudly again, looked at the reporter, shrugged with a look that says, “What did I tell you?”

Within minutes, Mukaila said that he wanted to urinate. A young man, who had been sitting in the room and watching everything, quickly got up to assist him. Mukaila can no longer walk unaided. When he stood, it was like a gust of wind would blow him away. This was the same policeman that had confronted gang of militant bank robbers, earning him an award for gallantry.

Mukaila is attached to the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command. He enlisted into the Police Force 1988. He is 59 years old.

It was early this year that his family discovered that Mukaila was always feeling feverish. They thought it was Malaria, but also felt it was becoming too constant.

Afisat recalled: “The whole thing started with just a fever. We went to Federal Medical Centre, Abeokuta (FMC). When we got there, he was diagnosed of Kidney Failure. We started treatment in March. We’ve been going for dialysis since then. We were eventually told that we would need to take him for a kidney transplant.”

Afisat explained that Mukaila was on his sick bed when his promotion to the rank of an ASP was announced. The couple has five children, but none of them is financially capable of tackling their father’s failing health.

She said that whenever Mukaila’s salary comes, they quickly use it for his dialysis.

When Mukaila was first admitted in hospital, Afisat alerted his boss, a Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) in charge of RRS, Mr Olatunji Disu.

Afisat said that the man, on two different occasions assisted them with money from his personal account.

She said: “I went to his office to let them that he has health challenge. I went back a second time with an official letter, asking for financial assistance. At that point, I was praying that Governor Sanwo-Olu would help us. I heard then that the governor was not around. Disu later sent his assistant to come and check my husband at the hospital. Since then, we’ve not heard anything. We are spending too much on dialysis. The dialysis is three times in a week and each costs N50, 000. Meanwhile his salary is just N120, 000, which is what we use for his dialysis. I can’t even begin to recollect what we’ve spent on drugs. He used to get blood transfusion twice a week.”

Afisat said that it was Dr Adebsisi, working at FMC that assisted them in finding out the cost of the transplant in a hospital in Abuja. The cost was placed at N12million.

“I have borrowed money from cooperative to the tune of N1.5million because of my husband’s health. We have spent roughly N8million since March on his health. His salary couldn’t tackle the dialysis. Right now, we’re supposed to have gone for dialysis since two weeks, but we had no money.”

Mukaila is presently experiencing the other side of life. Indeed, he was one of the policemen that confronted a gang of robbers that stormed the then Oceanic Bank in 2009. The agile, ferocious lion has now become as weak as a kitten.

Afisat recounted: “My husband saved the bank. He didn’t allow the robbers to gain access into the bank. He was instructed to go to the scene of the robbery, right when the robbers were operating. The robbers came through the waterways. Police killed four among the robbers. In fact, an inspector was killed in that operation.”

Afisat, who said that Mukaila had fought criminals several times and came out a victor, recalled that some few years ago, militant pipeline vandals went to Igando to siphon fuel from vandalised NNPC lines. Mukaila was instructed to go to the place.

He and other policemen confronted the militants. It was a gruelling and bloody confrontation, which left Mukaila riddled with pellets, but the policemen defeated the militants. Mukaila was later taken to hospital, where the pellets were removed.

At the Agbado area of Lagos State, in 2002, robbers attacked and shot Mukaila on his shoulder and palm. He was rushed to hospital, where he battled for life and survived. Mukaila was back then like a cat with nine lives.

It was because of his outstanding gallantry during the Oceanic Bank Robbery, that Fashola picked an interest in his valour and thought it fitting to bequeath him with the Award for Gallantry and Service Excellence.

When our reporter contacted Disu on Mukaila’s case, he disclosed that the Lagos State Government, through its security trust fund, was already mapping out money to assist the sick Mukaila for a transplant. The money, however, is yet to be seen, while Mukaila still groans in pains and is getting weak every day.

Afisat said that she would be quite appreciative if well-meaning Nigerians can assist her to raise enough money for Mukaila’s weekly dialysis and kidney transplant. She said: “Right now, even N200 is not too much. If everyone gives of N200, N500 or N1000, it would amount to something when pooled. I just don’t know what else to do or who else to run to. I can’t sit down, watching my husband dying without doing something. I need help.”

Lamidi Mukailam A, FCMB: 2117869014

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/12/dying-nigerian-policeman-cries-out-for.html

Let them take him to pastor for prayers, there is nothing prayer can't change
Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Tumbulum: 6:59am On Dec 07, 2019
Any policeman reading the comments people make about them will know that Nigerians hate them with Passion.

2 Likes

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by BENARI: 7:24am On Dec 07, 2019
Tumbulum:
Any policeman reading the comments people make about them will know that Nigerians hate them with Passion.

It's time they know that.

Police people are only nice when they need help.
Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by APOPTOSIS: 7:50am On Dec 07, 2019
MY PRAYER FOR HIM:
Let him be treated the way he treated NIGERIANS when he was actively discharging his duties.
And so Shall it be.....
Issssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Larryfest(m): 9:05am On Dec 07, 2019
The amount of ogogoro and other alcoholic drinks this guys consume in a day even while on duty will leave one in shock and it's not that they have that kind of cash to take good care of themselves after drinking all this chemicals. There main excuse is always " our job dey hard and na red eye fit do am"
Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Azmanaty: 9:06am On Dec 07, 2019
Asquare84:

Since the sick man was not the one that robbed you whatsoever you wish him will come back to you

You are a fool. If your father is a police man, his own karma is coming to meet him.

1 Like

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Yustash001(m): 9:14am On Dec 07, 2019
Hmmm....Oga o
Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by Danzakidakura(m): 9:36am On Dec 07, 2019
SEGLIZ:

oga in this case all the cats are terrible bad. Nigerian police are all evil no good one.

1 Like

Re: Dying Nigerian Policeman Cries Out For Help (Photo) by TheFacelessMan: 11:06am On Dec 07, 2019
There's a general view that most if not all Policeman are bad people.

But the vast majority of people commenting here claim to have religion yet are cursing out this man and wishing him ill luck.

Help him if you can because it can be you or your relative next time.

YES, i have also been a victim of the Police...that's a story for another day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo Olu May Resign Before May 2023 / Money Rain As Peter Obi Onitsha Supporters Spray Money During Onitsha Rally / Buhari And Tinubu Mocks Anambra State Over Flood, Blasts Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.