Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,603 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts (39955 Views)

Nigerians Amazed As N1billion Bugatti Veyron Land In Nigeria (Video) / $1.7million (n620million) Bugatti Veyron Spotted In Abuja Nigeria!!! / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by bewla(m): 7:31am On Dec 08, 2019
Dorabolaji:
It isn’t surprising that a hypercar as expensive as Bugatti Veyron would offer any less for its spare part replacement. To change the recommended fluids for Bugatti, it will be required of you to pay a huge sum of $25,000 (~N9 million) which is enough to get you a brand new SUV in Nigeria.

The reason for such high cost is because of the difficulty in getting access to the 16 drain plugs on the hypercars. This according to report is as twice the number of drain plugs on the luxury Lamborghini Huracan. Aside this, before the replacement can be done, it will be needed to take out the brakes, lining on the rear fender and the rear wheels, making this process tedious and time-consuming.

This is why buying a Bugatti Veyron might not be a problem for some but the cost of maintaining it will send many into huge financial debt. From EPA report, you will need $6,400 (~N2.3m) for the replacement of the turbochargers and an estimated $9,000 (~N3.3m) to pay for the labour.

To pay for the 2 air cooler, each goes for $9,000 (~N3.3m) and a combined labour fee of $4,000 (~1.5m). The camshaft adjusters will be replaced for $800 (~N290,000) per one but the labour fee for it is ridiculously expensive, priced at $21,000 (~N7.6m), since they will have to dissemble the engine.

It usually takes two to three years to change the tyres, according to the car manufacturer’s recommendation. This will also cost $38,000 (~N13.8m). Another replacement that could create financial hole in your pocket is the changing of the wheels, which should be done after 16,000 km (10,000 miles). From what we learnt, the owner will have to pay a whopping sum of $50,000 (~N18.1m).

For the mass airflow sensor, it goes for $200 (~N72,500), while the $20 (~N7,250) price tag is placed on the boost pressure sensors. Luckily, these are cheap in comparison to others but you will still pay a labour fee of $1,800 (~N652,500).

The 2 fuel rails cost is priced at $1,300 (~N471,250) each and a total of $7,200 (~N2.6m) to get them replaced. For the pair of fuel pumps, the automaker places a value of $3,400 (~N1.2m) on them.

At $9 per one, the camshaft position sensors are relatively cheap but the labour fee of getting them replaced is $7,200 (~N2.6m). The exhaust manifolds cost $2,000 (~N725,000) each and $22,000 (~N8m) for labour. The labour fee of $1,800 (~N652,500) per one is assigned to catalytic converters, priced at $6,700 (~2.4m). For the rest of exhaust system, it has a price tag of $12,000 (~N4.4m) and $3,600 (~N1.3m) for labour fee.

One last thing most owners try to avoid is the replacement of the fuel tank (26.4 gallons), which is priced at $20,000 (~N7.3m) and a replacement fee of $22,000 (~N8m).

The prices of these spare parts, labour force and the cost of buying the whole ride, make it an exclusive luxury car only for the rich.

https://naijauto.com/market-news/bugatti-veyron-replacement-cost-for-spare-parts-5652
Sorry Super Rich
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by paix(m): 7:31am On Dec 08, 2019
okorotalkative:

I think every property is a liability, even women. lol
Are women now regarded as property? I hope you don't have a sister or a daughter that will be regarded as somebody's property that can be used and dumped. I don't want to mention your mother because of the respect I have for her.

3 Likes

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 08, 2019
Twale
U spoke well ma nigga

mighty5050:
Ah ah. Small money. That thing wey give me money buy am go also provide money for maintenance

1 Like

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Osobi32(m): 7:33am On Dec 08, 2019
timifakay:

Which SUV please?
2013 venza, 2011 Ford Explorer, 2011 RAV4, 2013 rx 350 and many more
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by ChristineC: 7:34am On Dec 08, 2019
Nansense
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by paix(m): 7:37am On Dec 08, 2019
Dorabolaji:
It isn’t surprising that a hypercar as expensive as Bugatti Veyron would offer any less for its spare part replacement. To change the recommended fluids for Bugatti, it will be required of you to pay a huge sum of $25,000 (~N9 million) which is enough to get you a brand new SUV in Nigeria.

The reason for such high cost is because of the difficulty in getting access to the 16 drain plugs on the hypercars. This according to report is as twice the number of drain plugs on the luxury Lamborghini Huracan. Aside this, before the replacement can be done, it will be needed to take out the brakes, lining on the rear fender and the rear wheels, making this process tedious and time-consuming.

This is why buying a Bugatti Veyron might not be a problem for some but the cost of maintaining it will send many into huge financial debt. From EPA report, you will need $6,400 (~N2.3m) for the replacement of the turbochargers and an estimated $9,000 (~N3.3m) to pay for the labour.

To pay for the 2 air cooler, each goes for $9,000 (~N3.3m) and a combined labour fee of $4,000 (~1.5m). The camshaft adjusters will be replaced for $800 (~N290,000) per one but the labour fee for it is ridiculously expensive, priced at $21,000 (~N7.6m), since they will have to dissemble the engine.

It usually takes two to three years to change the tyres, according to the car manufacturer’s recommendation. This will also cost $38,000 (~N13.8m). Another replacement that could create financial hole in your pocket is the changing of the wheels, which should be done after 16,000 km (10,000 miles). From what we learnt, the owner will have to pay a whopping sum of $50,000 (~N18.1m).

For the mass airflow sensor, it goes for $200 (~N72,500), while the $20 (~N7,250) price tag is placed on the boost pressure sensors. Luckily, these are cheap in comparison to others but you will still pay a labour fee of $1,800 (~N652,500).

The 2 fuel rails cost is priced at $1,300 (~N471,250) each and a total of $7,200 (~N2.6m) to get them replaced. For the pair of fuel pumps, the automaker places a value of $3,400 (~N1.2m) on them.

At $9 per one, the camshaft position sensors are relatively cheap but the labour fee of getting them replaced is $7,200 (~N2.6m). The exhaust manifolds cost $2,000 (~N725,000) each and $22,000 (~N8m) for labour. The labour fee of $1,800 (~N652,500) per one is assigned to catalytic converters, priced at $6,700 (~2.4m). For the rest of exhaust system, it has a price tag of $12,000 (~N4.4m) and $3,600 (~N1.3m) for labour fee.

One last thing most owners try to avoid is the replacement of the fuel tank (26.4 gallons), which is priced at $20,000 (~N7.3m) and a replacement fee of $22,000 (~N8m).

The prices of these spare parts, labour force and the cost of buying the whole ride, make it an exclusive luxury car only for the rich.

https://naijauto.com/market-news/bugatti-veyron-replacement-cost-for-spare-parts-5652
It's not for the rich but for the extravagant. There are many rich people that won't go for this car, even though they can afford it 10 times over.
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Bukden16(m): 7:37am On Dec 08, 2019
Chicken change...

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 08, 2019
timifakay:

Which SUV please?
Hyundai creta undecided
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Okoyiboz3: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2019
okorotalkative:

Since women are property, hope your father got receipt for your mother and your sisters have plate numbers on their heads.

2 Likes

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by ChristineC: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2019
mrvitalis:

Ml350
Venza
Lexus Rx
Highlander
Lx570 2014 down
Honda crv
Accura zdx and Rex
Toyota Prado 2015 down
Mercedes gl class 2015 down

Should I name more ?
Osobi32:
not brand new tho

3 Likes

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by paix(m): 7:45am On Dec 08, 2019
fasho01:
Expensive cars, expensive cost of maintenance..
Better soup........
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by solecare: 7:45am On Dec 08, 2019
Good one, won’t stress myself with this type of car.
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by NairalandDoctor(m): 7:46am On Dec 08, 2019
Hahahaha all those list above I can get at Aba, why buy a car that will drive you to bankruptcy hun
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 08, 2019
Machine
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by paix(m): 7:47am On Dec 08, 2019
Osobi32:
You're only reasoning according to your financial level. Wetin rich people go do with the type of cars you mentioned, when there better substitute?

2 Likes

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Pavore9: 7:49am On Dec 08, 2019
okorotalkative:

Even your female relatives?
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by faith551(m): 7:53am On Dec 08, 2019
mrvitalis:

Ml350
Venza
Lexus Rx
Highlander
Lx570 2014 down
Honda crv
Accura zdx and Rex
Toyota Prado 2015 down
Mercedes gl class 2015 down

Should I name more ?

None of those vehicles will go for the aforementioned amount as brand new. The problem in the OP's assertion is "NEW SUV"

5 Likes

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by seangy4konji: 7:53am On Dec 08, 2019
God that give you money to pay over 1 million us dollar for a car won't spare you of maintenance fee..

Vanity crew...Na buhari poverty deh reason you..ask c ronaldo account balance and you won't know its not a crime to have money..big one or Floyd may weather..

Me self go make am oooo..I go buy two self. Buy Ferrari fi bertillina,buy Jaguar,G63 Amg ,buy BMW F10 Mpower, come buy my wife Toyota sienna make she deh use am carry piking go school...

When pikin go grand ma place,wetake a road drive in the jaguar....

May plenty blessing locate us oo...the year never finish.

2 Likes

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by fasho01(m): 7:54am On Dec 08, 2019
paix:
Better soup........

LOL.. No be lie!

That's why it's only the super rich with sustainable multiple sources of income that ought to purchase such luxury cars
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by anochuko01(m): 7:55am On Dec 08, 2019
Mechanic get level lol. Na just to change engine oil two times in a year... Gbam! you don build house grin
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by adecz: 7:57am On Dec 08, 2019
shocked shocked

But I'll settle for this electric
Evija® any day! cool cool

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by anochuko01(m): 7:59am On Dec 08, 2019
Okoyiboz3:

Since women are property, hope your father got receipt for your mother and your sisters have plate numbers on their heads.
Make una Free that guy abeg. He simply meant that women are expensive to maintain. And not in a derogatory way yall have decided to put it.

4 Likes

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by olusola200: 8:00am On Dec 08, 2019
khallebb:
This car is a fvcking liability
Limited or unlimited?

3 Likes

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 08, 2019
ChristineC:

not brand new tho

Then what? Despite being corrected, you still kept repeating it. So, how much is their brand new?
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by paix(m): 8:01am On Dec 08, 2019
fasho01:

LOL.. No be lie!

That's why it's only the super rich with sustainable multiple sources of income that ought to purchase such luxury cars
I can see where the labour is even more expensive than the spare parts. Like the crankshaft adjustmenters that cost 290,000 naira but the labour is over 7 million naira.
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 08, 2019
okpalaAnambra:

Wise ones should sell them off after retirement
Sell them to who exactly?lol
You go Buy?
Not everything is sellable,unless the seller is willing to accept 70% less the actual value lol.
So you see.....
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Americanboy35: 8:01am On Dec 08, 2019
grin Ronaldo, mayweather them type of car
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 08, 2019
okorotalkative:

Bugatti is even more valuable than so many ladies. Because once you spend the money ,you will see the results on the car. But for some ladies , reverse is the case...pure liability I hate so many ladies. In fact my misogyny stinks

1 Like

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by ipreach: 8:04am On Dec 08, 2019
That car is a toy please.
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by alexola20(m): 8:06am On Dec 08, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / What Is The Difference Between SOHC And DOHC Engines And Which Is Better? / Motorized Three-Wheel Tricycle Spotted In Onitsha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.