Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest (46680 Views)

Picture Of Okowa And Sowore Smiling At Peter OBI At The ICAN Annual Conference / FG Orders Release Of Dasuki And Sowore / Senate probes DSS court invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by Johnedoh: 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2019
LabDNA:
Forget grammar, if there are no punitive measures, it will happen again and again and again.

Forget grammar, what about the one you blow
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by Coldie(m): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2019
LoL... NBA is deluding itself, Nigerian judiciary became useless from d day Buhari repeatedly disobeyed court orders and they did nothing, some even sided him out of politics.

This is just the beginning
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by RiyadhGoddess(f): 8:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
Hahahahaha madam Lauretta has her own video which states other wise and a witness from the pit of hell. Madam Lauretta continue ooo. The stool is here waiting for the butt to come and sit.
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by Abidek900(m): 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2019
I rest my case!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by Jabioro: 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2019
I am still waiting to hear what the violated governance we have as a defective defence to this barbarian action..I am waiting
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by thundafire: 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2019
But one APC prostitute came out and said it was stage managed
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by consultancy: 9:02pm On Dec 07, 2019
The average Nigerian runs to the court when he is oppressed. It's ironical that the same court now runs to the average Nigerian for help cos it's been rendered helpless by the Buhari administration

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by musicwriter(m): 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blame the dictator president not DSS. The DSS is simply following order from above.
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by auwal83(m): 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2019
This NBA is a holy crap. The atrocities perpetrated by Nigerian lawyers by selfishly depending thieving politicians is enormous.
Now you find opportunity to mix grammar. They sound as if Nigeria is on fire.
Your anti-government campaign will be fruitless.
Sai Baba!
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by uuzba(m): 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2019
globalresource:
Zoo
You are among us inside the zoo. So what do you plan to do?
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2019
Some idiots and unbelievably including FFK are rejoicing because Sowore was one of those who stood against Jonathan, so tell me, if Jonathan were still our President, how do you think the situation of things would be? I just can't imagine it, as much as I don't like Buhari, I would never take Jonathan back. Been seeing this stupid quote talking about how Jonathan let people express themselves, tell me, was he doing us a favor to let us express ourselves? Freedom of expression is our right and we as human beings owe nobody gratitude for it.
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by Sonoyom(m): 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
Classless folks, e remain for DSS to begin knack judges Akpako. NIGERIA HAS GONE TO THE DOGS!
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2019
The DSS re-arrest of Sowore reminds me of Idi-amin of Uganda.
The same scenario happened during Idi-amin era..
Buhari, caution your security operatives
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
doctokwus:
These clowns.
When Buhari deposed the Chief Justice and illegally installed a Sharia court judge as the CJN,what did you people do?Nothing.
When Buhari severally disobeyed court orders that Dasuki and El Zazhaki be released what did u people do?Nothing.
Several countless incidents of gross disregard for the rule of Court, something Yaradua promoted and obeyed even if it went against the government, despite his short tenure;have been carried out by this satanic government,yet supposed bar association kept quiet and even encouraged,now they are issuing a worthless press statement.
The same thing is happening with freedom of speech and press freedom.
Instead of everyone trooping out to protest the abyss and cesspit this man is steering Nigeria towards,they are all cowardly urging him on and supporting him and issuing worthless press statements in the comfort of their offices or even bedrooms.
I only wish the thunder that will strike will hit cowards and supporters of his hardest.
Rubbish press release.

I dey your back me and my squad. grin grin grin

The protest days are gone bruh. If you're still in the country, find a way to blend in or leave. Each time the shitties (El zakzaky) protests it always end bloody why?

He never even really use the army for west, the south know the story.

Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by Germi9: 9:22pm On Dec 07, 2019
But can't we kick Buhari out? He hasn't even made a comment as regards...........
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by kayjay69(m): 9:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
It is just that simple.
LabDNA:
Forget grammar, if there are no punitive measures, it will happen again and again and again.
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by Haywhymido(m): 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2019
ArmaniUhuru:
You don’t know Buhari!!

Sir Michael Adekunle Ajasin who was elected governor of Ondo state (1979- 1983) was tried by a military tribunal & found innocent.

Buhari ordered a fresh trial 3 times

He was still found innocent

Buhari still jailed him.

Sowore is not the first.
Sowore will be his last, he will learn a regrettable lesson from this one.
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by churchmind: 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2019
goatface:
The Nigerian Bar Association has reacted to the Friday invasion of the Federal High Court, Abuja, by operatives of the Department of State Services in an attempt to rearrest Mr. Omoyele Sowore, who had been released less that 12 hours before.

See the full statement:

DESECRATION AND ASSAULT ON THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT BY DSS: NBA URGES ALL NIGERIANS TO DEFEND THE RULE OF LAW

The Nigerian Bar Association is greatly dismayed at the exhibition of primitivity, thuggery, insane passion for lawlessness, contempt and disrespect for the rule of law by the agents of the Department of State Services (DSS) within the precints of the Federal High Court, Abuja while attempting to re-arrest Citizens Omoyele Sowore and Olawale Bakare earlier today.

Eventually Sowore and Bakare were re-arrested by the DSS inspite of being on bail granted by the Federal High Court.

The NBA has been properly briefed – beyond the shameful videos of the incident in public domain- by our members who witnessed the disgraceful and crass violation of the hallowed precincts of the law by the officers of the Department of State Services, an agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria. The NBA finds it disgraceful that this ‘court riot’ occasioned by the high handedness and insensitivity of the security operatives interrupted judicial proceedings and made the Presiding Judge to abandon judicial proceedings because of safety concerns.
The Nigerian Bar Association strongly condemns the action of the Department of State Security, which is another in the series of impunity and lawlessness exhibited by the DSS. The invasion of the court by the agency of the Gederal Government of Nigeria runs contrary to the avowed assurances of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that he will ensure that the Federal Government and agencies under it obeys court orders. The disrespect of the court by the DSS is legendary and unrivalled.

Few days ago, the officers of the Nigerian Police Force exhibited similar traits when it also invaded the precincts of the High Court, Effurun to arrest Mr. Ademi-Akpeto, Chairman of Sapele branch of the NBA. Many Nigerians are still in unlawful custody and not charged to court. Nigerians are now under siege by security agents who have no regards for the law and the courts.

The NBA urges all Nigerians to be alive to their responsibilities as citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and is ready to partner with all Nigerians and civil society organisations to ensure that the rights of Nigerians as guaranteed by Chapter 4 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 as amended are not trampled upon by by any agency of government.

The NBA therefore, demands as follow:

1. That the Federal Government of Nigeria and the National Assembly immediately investigate the shameful conduct by the DSS and ensure that all persons found culpable are duly punished in accordance with the law.

2. The immediate suspension of the Director General of the Department of State Security from office. We make this demand bearing in mind the fact that the DSS under his leadership has established itself as a brutish and irresponsible agency that derives immense pleasure from violating the fundamental rights of Nigerians and disrespecting court orders.

3. That the National Assembly should review the laws setting up the DSS and indeed all security agencies in Nigeria with a view to repositioning them to be more responsible and responsive to the public.

4. That the Attorney General of the Federation, being the Chief Law officer of the Federation takes over all the political cases or cases involving politically exposed persons presently handled by the DSS.

The above demands of the NBA is without prejudice to the consultations presently going on amongst critical stakeholders in the legal profession and the judiciary on how best to ensure that this sad incident does not re-occur.

https://punchng.com/full-text-nba-reacts-to-dss-court-invasion-sowores-rearrest/
apart from an individual being a thief institution like @nba,@judiciary@cjn@nass@dss@pdp@apc@presidency,etc are all capital THIEF
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by writeprof(m): 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
doctokwus:
These clowns.
When Buhari deposed the Chief Justice and ill ;egally installed a Sharia court judge as the CJN,what did you people do?Nothing.
When Buhari severally disobeyed court orders that Dasuki and El Zazhaki be released what did u people do?Nothing.
Several countless incidents of gross disregard for the rule of Court, something Yaradua promoted and obeyed even if it went against the government, despite his short tenure;have been carried out by this satanic government,yet supposed bar association kept quiet and even encouraged,now they are issuing a worthless press statement.
The same thing is happening with freedom of speech and press freedom.
Instead of everyone trooping out to protest the abyss and cesspit this man is steering Nigeria towards,they are all cowardly urging him on and supporting him and issuing worthless press statements in the comfort of their offices or even bedrooms.
I only wish the thunder that will strike will hit cowards and supporters of his hardest.
Rubbish press release.

grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by 2LESS(m): 10:00pm On Dec 07, 2019
Sonoyom:
Classless folks, e remain for DSS to begin knack judges Akpako. NIGERIA HAS GONE TO THE DOGS!

They have done that. Remember how they invaded the houses of some judges in the midnight like armed robbers, what did NBA do? Nothing!!! Some amongst them even were in support of dss action then.
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by nervorum: 10:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
goatface:
The Nigerian Bar Association has reacted to the Friday invasion of the Federal High Court, Abuja, by operatives of the Department of State Services in an attempt to rearrest Mr. Omoyele Sowore, who had been released less that 12 hours before.

See the full statement:

DESECRATION AND ASSAULT ON THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT BY DSS: NBA URGES ALL NIGERIANS TO DEFEND THE RULE OF LAW

The Nigerian Bar Association is greatly dismayed at the exhibition of primitivity, thuggery, insane passion for lawlessness, contempt and disrespect for the rule of law by the agents of the Department of State Services (DSS) within the precints of the Federal High Court, Abuja while attempting to re-arrest Citizens Omoyele Sowore and Olawale Bakare earlier today.

Eventually Sowore and Bakare were re-arrested by the DSS inspite of being on bail granted by the Federal High Court.

The NBA has been properly briefed – beyond the shameful videos of the incident in public domain- by our members who witnessed the disgraceful and crass violation of the hallowed precincts of the law by the officers of the Department of State Services, an agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria. The NBA finds it disgraceful that this ‘court riot’ occasioned by the high handedness and insensitivity of the security operatives interrupted judicial proceedings and made the Presiding Judge to abandon judicial proceedings because of safety concerns.
The Nigerian Bar Association strongly condemns the action of the Department of State Security, which is another in the series of impunity and lawlessness exhibited by the DSS. The invasion of the court by the agency of the Gederal Government of Nigeria runs contrary to the avowed assurances of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that he will ensure that the Federal Government and agencies under it obeys court orders. The disrespect of the court by the DSS is legendary and unrivalled.

Few days ago, the officers of the Nigerian Police Force exhibited similar traits when it also invaded the precincts of the High Court, Effurun to arrest Mr. Ademi-Akpeto, Chairman of Sapele branch of the NBA. Many Nigerians are still in unlawful custody and not charged to court. Nigerians are now under siege by security agents who have no regards for the law and the courts.

The NBA urges all Nigerians to be alive to their responsibilities as citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and is ready to partner with all Nigerians and civil society organisations to ensure that the rights of Nigerians as guaranteed by Chapter 4 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 as amended are not trampled upon by by any agency of government.

The NBA therefore, demands as follow:

1. That the Federal Government of Nigeria and the National Assembly immediately investigate the shameful conduct by the DSS and ensure that all persons found culpable are duly punished in accordance with the law.

2. The immediate suspension of the Director General of the Department of State Security from office. We make this demand bearing in mind the fact that the DSS under his leadership has established itself as a brutish and irresponsible agency that derives immense pleasure from violating the fundamental rights of Nigerians and disrespecting court orders.

3. That the National Assembly should review the laws setting up the DSS and indeed all security agencies in Nigeria with a view to repositioning them to be more responsible and responsive to the public.

4. That the Attorney General of the Federation, being the Chief Law officer of the Federation takes over all the political cases or cases involving politically exposed persons presently handled by the DSS.

The above demands of the NBA is without prejudice to the consultations presently going on amongst critical stakeholders in the legal profession and the judiciary on how best to ensure that this sad incident does not re-occur.

https://punchng.com/full-text-nba-reacts-to-dss-court-invasion-sowores-rearrest/

If this is all the NBA can do, then it has also failed. There is no hope. I was overly expectant of a more active and drastic response, alas, an empty press release
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by Sonoyom(m): 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
2LESS:

They have done that. Remember how they invaded the houses of some judges in the midnight like armed robbers, what did NBA do? Nothing!!! Some amongst them even were in support of dss action then.
Emperor Bubu on the beat no surprises
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by Tulsaguy: 10:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
As it stands now, since the idiot in Aso Rock only know how to fukk Aisha & cum in 5 seconds on za oza room and has refused to uphold the Constitution he swore to respect and protect, when I see a policeman walking past, I will stone him. I implore everyone who has a date in court not to honor it.

The country is gone to the dogs and there is anarchy in the land. IPOB are doing it for the government officials outside the shores, let's do it for them within.

Bastard Buhari.... 5 seconds man.

If you quote me anyhow, godogodo go nack u nkpa.

1 Like

Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by bryght4u(m): 10:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
President Buhari speech in his opening address at the 2018 Annual conference of the NBA contained, inter alia, these words, "rule of law must be subject to the supremacy of the nation's security and national interest..."

Our 'learned' lawyers stood up and gave him a round of applause, some even hailed him, "Sai Baba!"

Sowore's plight fits well into President's "nation's security and national interest" narrative that was cheered just some 16 months ago by these clowns!

The chicken have come home to roost!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by lovegeneration(m): 11:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
My goat got missing for weeks now and have set up a team to help conduct ultimate search, have even gone as far as reporting the case to the highest authorities but the response I got is that they have their hand full with high profile cases like the one of hate speech and human right activist so........ u can complete the rest in ur imagination or u can put this WERE u think it belong and this the goat I plan to kill for Christmas.....
This what got me confused ooooo.
I notice my land lord have used up to 2 pack of tooth pick withing 2days and am still counting but I don't know if I should approach him or not but am not read for quit notice. please what should I do?
Ur advice is welcome ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by gr8child(m): 11:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
They didn't arrest but he is somehow magically back in their custody.
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by globalresource: 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
uuzba:

You are among us inside the zoo. So what do you plan to do?

I’m leaving the zoo
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by kingkuntaval: 11:48pm On Dec 07, 2019
Shame on that clueless aboki, Buhari.
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by waziri4biz: 12:15am On Dec 08, 2019
aviara:
Someone like Tinubu, won't speak against this kind of tyranny being perpetrated by this evil government because he hopes to take over govt in 2023. He is ready to trade and sacrifice anyone including his very own. Great leaders are known for their ideology not their affluence n influence
My God will bless you
Re: NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest by andyanders: 12:25am On Dec 08, 2019
When you all voted for Buhari, what else do you expect. Same person that messed up this country as a millitary president. Blame tinubu for all what is happenning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Qatar Pictures 1960 And 2013 / 'Atiku Is A Thief' - APC Releases Song (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.