Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet (28547 Views)

Rivers Lawmakers Whose Seats Were Declared Vacant Lack Sound Legal Advice–falana / Certificate Forgery: Senate Says They Can't Sack Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo / I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by davidque: 7:25am On Dec 08, 2019
Saraki did it for Dariye, still paid him his salaries even while incasirated, now the glorious rubber stamp senate who berated Saraki then is set to do same. APC /PDP same thing

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Okoyiboz3: 7:25am On Dec 08, 2019
[quote author=sammychimex post=84725796][/quote]

You can't see anything, stop fooling yourself.

You did not see power play for 2023 when you were insulting Kalu and APC.

Go and sit down jo

1 Like

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Adeolajude(m): 7:29am On Dec 08, 2019
Oga sit well..either vacant or occupied , of what use or progress is the entire seat to Nigerians..If u like go carry the seat give am in prison, u guys will still make no positive inpact on Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Ferdinandu(m): 7:29am On Dec 08, 2019
There is still a possibility of the higher court freeing him so there should be a window for him to appeal his case before declaring his seat vacant . What of if higher court acquits him, will the person who took over his seat vacate for him?
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Eroms4life17(m): 7:31am On Dec 08, 2019
They want Uzor kalu to continue receiving salaries and allowances of a senator till his tenure expires in 2023. That is how low we have become as a country.

1 Like

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Gazzy88(m): 7:34am On Dec 08, 2019
sammychimex:
Finally orji uzor kalu was sold a dummy.
All this is just to frustrate igbo presidency come 2023
Igbo presidency from APC or pdp? For una mind, you think either of the party would hand over his party's ticket to you people when you've already burned all the bridges available with your hate and vilification?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by mechanics(m): 7:44am On Dec 08, 2019
Hmmmmm, the law has to be repealed, so that any house of assembly members that have been convicted of corruption must vacant his or her seat, this is not good for our democracy at all.
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 08, 2019
I think we are being warned to expext miracle
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Scoobiano1991: 7:57am On Dec 08, 2019
I need a logo and how do I get ur contact to reach you?

quote author=1kbusiness post=84724845]

Flocking dey go. grin

For 1k only, give your existing logo 3 of these mock-up 3D looks today. And as a bonus, you'll get this season's greetings message customized with ya own logo and contact details.

Which you can use as your temporary DP or Social Media posts.

Start sending ya messages today.[/quote]
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Amudeneogu: 7:57am On Dec 08, 2019
Please If this crime was committed by a poor man and was sentenced to prison by a court what will be the reaction of that senate? Is it because this man is in the senate, therefore, he will not face the consequence of his criminality against state and nation?
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by yahoosurepass(m): 8:01am On Dec 08, 2019
1kbusiness:

Flocking dey go. grin

For 1k only, give your existing logo 3 of these mock-up 3D looks today. And as a bonus, you'll get this season's greetings message customized with ya own logo and contact details.

Start sending ya messages today.

fraudster
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by 1kbusiness: 8:15am On Dec 08, 2019
yahoosurepass:

Lol. Evil people on Sunday morning. God no.go.gree

On a serious note though, don't make this kinda expensive jokes
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by 1kbusiness: 8:16am On Dec 08, 2019
Scoobiano1991:
I need a logo and how do I get ur contact to reach you?

quote author=1kbusiness post=84724845]

Flocking dey go. grin

Start sending ya messages today.

My phone number is in my signature.

Nweike1, you can reach me here. I don't have access to that email address anymore.
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by pat077: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2019
If they fail to declare his seat vacant, then his constituency should recall him.
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by sammychimex(m): 8:21am On Dec 08, 2019
Gazzy88:
Igbo presidency from APC or pdp? For una mind, you think either of the party would hand over his party's ticket to you people when you've already burned all the bridges available with your hate and vilification?

You people are hypocrites talking about hate speech, without addressing the hate act, marginalization isn't hate abi? Chunning out border policies that affect the igbos majorly isn't hate abi? Asking a company already in existence before the owner committed the crime to shut down and it's assests forfeited to fg isn't hate? Tinubu is walking up and down free, ganduje even got presidential backing to rig his re-election.
Continue what goes around comes around.

I am perfectly ok with ouk's jail term, but shutting down his company is beyond justice,
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Benwems(m): 8:32am On Dec 08, 2019
Is kalu supposed to be in prison when his appeal is going on?
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by topcin: 8:34am On Dec 08, 2019
davidque:
Saraki did it for Dariye, still paid him his salaries even while incasirated, now the glorious rubber stamp senate who berated Saraki then is set to do same. APC /PDP same thing

This is not APC or PDP stuff, the nonsense 1999 Constitution is a scam paper given to Democracy
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Cajal(m): 8:39am On Dec 08, 2019
sammychimex:
..for an offence filed 12 yrs ago
Imprisonment is 12,yes
0-few months remaining
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by drskyfly007(m): 8:42am On Dec 08, 2019
okpalaAnambra:
They should declare it vacant ASAP and allow Ohuabunwa take over
GOD forbid...That one is the worst senator ever to represent us...In fact An Orji kalu in prison is better than Ohuabunwa...

2 Likes

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by chaiks: 8:44am On Dec 08, 2019
The fact is that orji can't succeed if he appeals. No way

1 Like

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by akdjr(m): 8:53am On Dec 08, 2019
I thought people said anyone with corrupt case who decamp to APC can not be prosecuted again?

1 Like

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by nazicartel(m): 9:14am On Dec 08, 2019
drskyfly007:
GOD forbid...That one is the worst senator ever to represent us...In fact An Orji kalu in prison is better than Ohuabunwa...
i swear... Ohuabunwa is not even an option... Right from time I preferred Bourdex or what's he called to Ohuabunwa...

2 Likes

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by sammychimex(m): 9:14am On Dec 08, 2019
Cajal:
..for an offence filed 12 yrs ago
Imprisonment is 12,yes
0-few months remaining

Nope jail term starts from the day of judgement since he has been on bail since then
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by sammychimex(m): 9:18am On Dec 08, 2019
nazicartel:
i swear... Ohuabunwa is not even an option... Right from time I preferred Bourdex or what's he called to Ohuabunwa...

bourdex is a better option, moreover if an Abiriba man is senator no be bad thing, we need am well

1 Like

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Gazzy88(m): 9:21am On Dec 08, 2019
sammychimex:

You people are hypocrites talking about hate speech, without addressing the hate act, marginalization isn't hate abi? Chunning out border policies that affect the igbos majorly isn't hate abi? Asking a company already in existence before the owner committed the crime to shut down and it's assests forfeited to fg isn't hate? Tinubu is walking up and down free, ganduje even got presidential backing to rig his re-election.
Continue what goes around comes around.

I am perfectly ok with ouk's jail term, but shutting down his company is beyond justice,
As for the bolded, you need to be stoned. Besides, you already deviates from the narrative. Dem use wailing, chest beating swear for una? Won't you change for once knowing all those antics hasn't worked for you? You hate Yoruba and Hausa-fulani groups but you've failed to realize they are major ethnic groups holding the reins of affair of this country and you expect to have peace of mind? As long as you keep being childish and stupid, you will continue to suffer persecution unless you start using your tiny brains. Face your businesses and leave your destiny to the other major ethnic groups to control since you've decided to be stupid.

1 Like

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by nazicartel(m): 9:22am On Dec 08, 2019
sammychimex:

bourdex is a better option, moreover if an Abiriba man is senator no be bad thing, we need am well
don't know about them,, but I've seen both men, and bourdex seems more social than the other guy

1 Like

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by sammychimex(m): 9:31am On Dec 08, 2019
Gazzy88:
As for the bolded, you need to be stoned. Besides, you already deviates from the narrative. Dem use wailing, chest beating swear for una? Won't you change for once knowing all those antics hasn't worked for you? You hate Yoruba and Hausa-fulani groups but you've failed to realize they are major ethnic groups holding the reins of affair of this country and you expect to have peace for mind? As long as you keep being childish and stupid, you will continue to suffer persecution unless you start using your tiny brains. Face your businesses and leave your destiny to the other major ethnic groups to control since you've decided to be stupid.

Continue with your Fulani partnership. Support evil as long as it suits you till the tide turns, let me tell you for future reference I love Nigeria, but as things are it's not balanced, until we start to address causes and stop following the symptoms things will only get messier. Don't let your hate for igbos blur your future because igbos will always find a way to survive and thrive well.
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Okoroawusa: 9:40am On Dec 08, 2019
sammychimex:
So now u r interested in Presidency? When we were telling some of you in 2015 to join those of us igbos that saw the handwriting on the wall n aligned with APC you were calling us unprintable names. It's now in 2019 that you woke up. You guys are jokers!... When I lost hope on igbo presidency was in 2018 when I discovered that my people are comfortable playing the victim card that has never taken us anywhere politically since Independence.

Igbo presidency gbakwa oku!

1 Like

Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by Okoroawusa: 9:43am On Dec 08, 2019
Benwems:
Is kalu supposed to be in prison when his appeal is going on?
Yes...He has been convicted of the crimes committed
Re: Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet by ebube89(f): 10:03am On Dec 08, 2019
seems orji uzor kalu has appealed the judgement and still free cos we all boarded same flight from lagos to abuja yesterday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zamfara Residents Takes To The Streets For Bola Tinubu (Photos) / Obasanjo Visits Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi, Today - See Photos / Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.